Top SEC Wide Receivers

JwgreDeux

3. TONY STEVENS, Auburn

Previous ranking: Unranked

Last week: 4 catches for 109 yards, TD in 58-7 win over Louisiana-Monroe

Season: 21 catches for 344 yards, 3 TDs

Why he’s here: Stevens is quietly turning himself into a go-to option on an Auburn team that desperately needs wide receivers to emerge. He posted the first 100-yard receiving game of his career in a win over Louisiana-Monroe. Stevens now ranks tied for fifth among receivers in receiving yards and continues to build a rapport with starting QB Sean White.

Very happy with Stevens. His career has been spotty. It's so good to that guy be successful.  His hands have gotten so much better 

57 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Its arguable that the best receiver in the SEC is a TE, Evan Engram. 

after Ridley, i agree..overall, that list is kind of weird.

30 minutes ago, logan adams said:

I don't even think Tony Stevens is our best WR on the team..

I hope he isn't. But right now he has been.  

20 minutes ago, alexava said:

I hope he isn't. But right now he has been.  

And what a gift it is that he has broken out. We need to keep getting young  guys the ball, though. 

13 hours ago, logan adams said:

I don't even think Tony Stevens is our best WR on the team..

You're on something there. I actually think we have receivers so unproven that the opposing teams are scheming just to take away our most athletic receivers, which in turn helped Stevens to go on his romp. 

5 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

You're on something there. I actually think we have receivers so unproven that the opposing teams are scheming just to take away our most athletic receivers, which in turn helped Stevens to go on his romp. 

I believe that Kyle Davis is our best bet. Tony Stevens has slacked on some blocks and dropped some balls that should've been catches. This young tandem of WRs is going to wreak havoc on teams to come for years. 

Experience matters. Stevens, so far, has caught Sean's eye and earned his trust. One or more of the young guys will almost certainly surpass Tony, but right now he is our best and most productive receiver. Not sure why we have to look for ways to detract from that. 

16 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Its arguable that the best receiver in the SEC is a TE, Evan Engram. 

Wait a minute.  Are you saying tight ends can catch the ball?  Does Rhett know?

I'm just glad TS is making plays and starting to produce like he's capable of. Regardless of where he fits onto a ranking list I'm happy for him that he's getting to close his AU career out with a bang. He's been a very key piece of this offense for us thus far.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I'm just glad TS is making plays and starting to produce like he's capable of. Regardless of where he fits onto a ranking list I'm happy for him that he's getting to close his AU career out with a bang. He's been a very key piece of this offense for us thus far.

He discontinues any drops and, with those "tiny" dreads, he literally reminds me of "Smooth" himself...

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

He discontinues any drops and, with those "tiny" dreads, he literally reminds me of "Smooth" himself...

haha funny Adams had a few easy drops too nobody seems to remember. All WRs drop it eventually. But if he can be as consistent as Darvin was that would be huge for us!

He plays the position that gets open the most. He still is inconsistent, but he is one of the most athletic wr we have.  

I don't think it's a starting to produce thing though, it's more of a he gets to play now things

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

He plays the position that gets open the most. He still is inconsistent, but he is one of the most athletic wr we have.  

I don't think it's a starting to produce thing though, it's more of a he gets to play now things

I think he may have either improved his work habits, especially blocking or kodi just liked him more than dc did. But he is getting more chances and has more hits than misses. 

Let's not forget Slayton and R. Davis.....man we are loaded at WR. Wish we would exploit that a lot more. 

It's great to see ANY Auburn receiver in the top 10. Let's hope he (or others) can continue at that level.

A&M with 3 guys in the top 10. That is a diversified passing offense.

Archived