Oregon is ????

augolf1716

The guy inherited the job....maybe just holding it while Chip gave the NFL a tryout? 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Chip Kelly back. 

I think there is an 18 month show cause penalty on chip.

Mariota put off this inevitable fall from oregon for a couple of years. Only natural when you go from a great college coach to a guy with no HC experience whatsoever who had never shown any real merit to be given a job that big when he was the OC at other stops.

17 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I think there is an 18 month show cause penalty on chip.

Believe that ran out a year ago....according to this: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/chip-kellys-return-to-college-ahem-texas-not-that-complicated/  

And PS...notice that the Ducks have abandoned those fluorescent uniforms now...guess they aren't so cool when you are getting your butts dragged up and down the field. 

22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Believe that ran out a year ago....according to this: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/chip-kellys-return-to-college-ahem-texas-not-that-complicated/  

And PS...notice that the Ducks have abandoned those fluorescent uniforms now...guess they aren't so cool when you are getting your butts dragged up and down the field. 

I think it's a little more complicated than that, but yeah there are some decent ones out there. UT, Oregon, LSU all fighting for coaches. 

Kelly, Briles, Myles, Herman...

Should be interesting

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I think it's a little more complicated than that, but yeah there are some decent ones out there. UT, Oregon, LSU all fighting for coaches. 

Kelly, Briles, Myles, Herman...

Should be interesting

Biding war

Just now, augolf1716 said:

yes but it depends on who/school has the medical needs of his child

He had a ton of good offers but was not going to leave the NW....child issues as you note.  But he's the real deal....I was always a bit skeptical of him at BSU...loose academics according to friend out that way...but he's definitely done the job at Udub.

Yikes! Haven't seen Oregon handled like this at home in many years. 

I guess HCs aren't plug and play!

Oregon has been hit by the injury bug and they are not very deep, 3 game skid not good.  However UW is a solid football team.  Oh and this is nothing like what Mich did to Rutgers today

Oregon is less than stellar this year but I think Washington setting the PAC12 on fire makes it look worse. After all, they shellacked Stanford too.

Payback time for some teams against Oregon....when they were good, they did not hold back on scores and maybe some opponents remember those days...

Washington looks amazing so far. I agree that lots of teams in the PAC 10 are looking forward to handling Oregon this year. Oregon never seemed to have a problem putting 50 or 60 on these teams in the past. Now they can see how it feels. 

Archived