Auburn-Vanderbilt Score Predictions

logan adams

SW has a coming out part against the Vandy D 300 yard game 4 TD's run game and Franklin mop up. we score 45 7 TD's 1FG. D is upset by what Kelly did last week almost shut out Vandy. Vandy 10 1 FG against the regular defensive rotation and 1 TD against who ever is left to play.  

45-10.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're a betting man take Vandy and the 26 points.

Here's what you can expect:

AU scores 2 TDs in first quarter, D gives up no points.  No real action in 2nd quarter.  3rd quarter Vandy drives for a FG, AU does not score again until in 4th Qtr with one TD and one FG.  Vandy might get a TD in mop up against 3rd string.

Here's why:  11am start (AU typically sluggish), with good D, AU work on executing some plays on offense for future use, not worried about scoring knowing they have a lead and good D.  AU usually gives up something on opponents first drive in 3rd qtr, otherwise no action.  Wear them down a bit to score again in the 4th.  Lot of second and third string guys getting some playing time throughout the game.  Gus keeps them in rhythm but does not wear out our players knowing we go to uga next week.

Final AU 31 - Vandy 10

1 hour ago, GBAU83 said:

If you're a betting man take Vandy and the 26 points.

Here's what you can expect:

AU scores 2 TDs in first quarter, D gives up no points.  No real action in 2nd quarter.  3rd quarter Vandy drives for a FG, AU does not score again until in 4th Qtr with one TD and one FG.  Vandy might get a TD in mop up against 3rd string.

Here's why:  11am start (AU typically sluggish), with good D, AU work on executing some plays on offense for future use, not worried about scoring knowing they have a lead and good D.  AU usually gives up something on opponents first drive in 3rd qtr, otherwise no action.  Wear them down a bit to score again in the 4th.  Lot of second and third string guys getting some playing time throughout the game.  Gus keeps them in rhythm but does not wear out our players knowing we go to uga next week.

Final AU 31 - Vandy 10

Question for real. Do you even watch AU football or keep up with it ? I assume not by your response. Just a month ago we played msst. at 11 am and put up 35 in the first half. I am pretty sure that the guys will be ready. But if you got a lot of cash you want to throw away, by all means then the place to do it is to take Vandy and the points. WDE

10 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Question for real. Do you even watch AU football or keep up with it ? I assume not by your response. Just a month ago we played msst. at 11 am and put up 35 in the first half. I am pretty sure that the guys will be ready. But if you got a lot of cash you want to throw away, by all means then the place to do it is to take Vandy and the points. WDE

AU seems to be past the 11AM jinx...but I don't see us airing the ball out very much unless the ground game struggles.....which is unlikely...JMO.  I'm looking for a quick game with AU pounding the ball and running the clock.   42-7 and lots of guys getting to play.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

AU seems to be past the 11AM jinx...but I don't see us airing the ball out very much unless the ground game struggles.....which is unlikely...JMO.  I'm looking for a quick game with AU pounding the ball and running the clock.   42-7 and lots of guys getting to play.

The only question is this a game that Gus might want to get some air practice for Sean and the WRs. If so Vandy might be a good place to get some in. WDE

15 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes, I do watch AU football and keep up with it.  Every game, every season.  Yes we played MSSt at 11am and only put up 38 points on them and I do believe the Vandy Defense is better.  Additionally, the week after MSSt, we had BYE not another SEC (albeit down this year) Team and one we have struggled with lately, UGA.  My point was not that we couldn't pound it against Vandy if we wanted to, but that they will work on other things (as you later mentioned Vandy might be a good to work on the air game).  I think to win out the season, Gus knows he needs a stronger pass attach against bammer.  This is the time to work on it.

And I will be very please to eat some crow if we beat the 26.5 spread on Vandy - just don't think Gus will play it that way.

40 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Yes, I do watch AU football and keep up with it.  Every game, every season.  Yes we played MSSt at 11am and only put up 38 points on them and I do believe the Vandy Defense is better.  Additionally, the week after MSSt, we had BYE not another SEC (albeit down this year) Team and one we have struggled with lately, UGA.  My point was not that we couldn't pound it against Vandy if we wanted to, but that they will work on other things (as you later mentioned Vandy might be a good to work on the air game).  I think to win out the season, Gus knows he needs a stronger pass attach against bammer.  This is the time to work on it.

And I will be very please to eat some crow if we beat the 26.5 spread on Vandy - just don't think Gus will play it that way.

I will tell you what if we don't puts 300 yards on Vandy I will be totally astonished. Do folks come on here putting out garbage because they hope the players will read it and play harder or do they actually believe this crap. Listen to me " Vandy will not stop the run against Auburn period." WDE

Auburn -26 tonight according to Vegas.....some has a lot of confidence in AU....but that's certainly a possibility.

Early start and a big spread that I think Vandy covers.  Their run defense is pretty stout.  We win, but it's going to be fairly close through three quarters with AU pulling ahead at the end.  

Good warmup for UGA and UAT.  

6 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Early start and a big spread that I think Vandy covers.  Their run defense is pretty stout.  We win, but it's going to be fairly close through three quarters with AU pulling ahead at the end.  

Good warmup for UGA and UAT.  

Vandy has played SEC teams pretty close......Coming up a TD or less short in their conferences losses.    This game however will have a bigger spread IMO. I think AU covers if Gus wants to thought he might be playing it cautious (as he often does) in expectation of the upcoming games..... but the spread seems reasonable.  

55 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

The Auburn Tigers 45

McHale's Navy 3

As Jimmy Buffet says, "Jump right up and show your age".  Takes one to know one, I used to watch that show all the time. :hellyeah:

19 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

Heard JF3 is starting and might play whole game. If that's the case, my prediction is 30-10. Several field goals as Vandy sells out for the run. 

You heard huh? Well that would be idiotic. SW needs to get aw much reps as possible with the long ball 

Auburn - 34

Vanderbilt - 7

Hope we really give our passing game an all-out test drive this week. I think we are going to have to be much more efficient in our passing game to win vs Alabama. To clarify... I don't think we have to pass a lot, I just think we need to be efficient with the plays we do pass.

War Eagle!!!! 

57 minutes ago, DAG said:

You heard huh? Well that would be idiotic. SW needs to get aw much reps as possible with the long ball 

While I agree about the reps, I think he tweaked his shoulder last game. We shall see! Nobody really knows. 

27 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

While I agree about the reps, I think he tweaked his shoulder last game. We shall see! Nobody really knows. 

well if he is hurt, that puts things in more of a context.

Well, I am glad we won but told you we wouldn't cover the spread.  And we did not put 300 rushing yards on them bu did have over 300 total yards.

Archived