***OFFICIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD***

TitanTiger

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tell your girls to never, ever use that man as a sign of what a true man should be. 

While your at it, never, ever use that woman as a sign of what a true woman should be.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Still a non sequitur. 

That phrase does not mean what you think it means. 

9 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I think its funny how they automatically punch the ticket in CA for Clinton, without any votes reported. 

Once all of the Hollywood stars move to Canada and Australia they may not be able to do that in 2020. Vague threats I'm sure but I wish a lot of them would go. 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump and his supporters are now the "establishment".  For better or worse they ARE the GOP.

I don't see this as a positive for the Republican party.

Trump is not a card carrying Republican. He ran on the Republican ticket. The bottom line is that the GOP's least qualified candidate beat the DEM's most qualified candidate. I don't see that as a positive for the Democratic party. 

21 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Trump is not a card carrying Republican. He ran on the Republican ticket. The bottom line is that the GOP's least qualified candidate beat the DEM's most qualified candidate. I don't see that as a positive for the Democratic party. 

Excuse me, but getting elected president as a Republican "trumps" carrying a card. Like it or not, he IS now the GOP.

On the other hand, the Democrats are now completely free of Clinton.

Let's revisit this in two years.

She was unfit for the 3 AM call as well as unfit to face her own people to concede. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

So, is she giving a concession speech?

10:30 est, I'm hearing 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Excuse me, but getting elected president as a Republican "trumps" carrying a card. Like it or not, he IS now the GOP.

You're excused. 

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So what's your prediction for the next 2-4 years? give us the good, the bad and the ugly....

9 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

So what's your prediction for the next 2-4 years? give us the good, the bad and the ugly....

As far as domestic policy, I think the Republicans will try to overplay their hand. (They always do.)  As that happens, Trump's supporters will eventually start to realize that Trump's promises were just "sales talk" (BS).  

There won't be a wall, much less one paid for by Mexico.  

The coal industry will not suddenly emerge from the ashes into a booming industry.

There will be no mass deportations.

"Obamacare" will not be repealed.

The rust belt will not suddenly bloom with high paying jobs for high school graduates. The country will not suddenly revert back to the cultural and political norms of 1950's.

The decline of the middle class and separation of our populace into the wealthy and the poor will accelerate. (It's not like we don't have a history of "trickle down" economic policy to draw from.)  There will be more domestic unrest and riots.

The debt will increase at an increasing rate.  The stock market will remain depressed. 

Regarding foreign policy, most likely Trump will likely be forced to back down from all of his stated opinions -  withdrawal of NATO support, scrapping existing trade agreements,  changing long held positions on nuclear weapons proliferation.  These position are antithetical to traditional Republican values and I can only hope he will receive little support for them from Republicans.

Of course, then there are the wild cards:  Expect further Russian aggression in Ukraine and even the Baltic states for example.

I don't expect him to be able to void the Iranian nuclear agreement, but it's very possible.  That will make the situation even more unstable in the Middle East and may lead to the world's third use of nuclear weapons.  (See https://warisboring.com/playing-a-game-of-chicken-with-nuclear-strategy-7baa0d5111e3#.3avvxjbux )  God help us when that happens.

There will be a world wide reaction when Trump undercuts global efforts to reduce the effects of global warming. In case you haven't been paying attention, the world is warming at an increasing rate. We are already started to experience the effects and we are closing in on the 2 degree increase target limit.  The only question now is how bad it will get before it can no longer be denied as an existential problem. And it can get very bad.  You ain't seen nothing yet in terms of drought, famine and refugees.

Our standing in the world will plummet and we will no longer be seen as the "worlds best hope" politically. 

Bottom line, either Trump will either do an about face on virtually every policy he has talked about or have his policies crash headlong into reality.  

The only "good" that comes to mind is that Trump's election has now made him and the Republican party indisputably in the driver's seat.  They will be held accountable for their policies in the coming elections.  As the consequences for their unsustainable and irresponsible policies becomes apparent to all, I expect a popular reaction by 2020 that will sweep them out in favor of more progressive political ideas. I just hope it won't be too late.  

That's just off the top of my head this morning.  I am sure I can expound further with time.

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

This whole clusterfock was set in motion throughout the primary. 

The media tried to & did hand pick Trump, then tried to tear him down. 

It didn't take. That's why they are so very stunned. 

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

She was unfit for the 3 AM call as well as unfit to face her own people to concede. 

Yeah,  that most qualified woman ever, a real leader, left her people hanging at 3:00 am, again...well, I guess she sort of has that habit, huh.  The good news, this time none of them were killed by a group of angry moviegoers....

4 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

The media tried to & did hand pick Trump, then tried to tear him down. 

It didn't take. That's why they are so very stunned. 

The media didn't "hand pick" Trump.  :-\

They did cynically ride him for the 'clicks' and the ratings. They capitalized on his 'reality show' schtick to make money for themselves.  

Trump played them like a fiddle.  The honest ones admit it now and take responsibility for it.

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Yeah,  that most qualified woman ever, a real leader, left her people hanging at 3:00 am, again...well, I guess she sort of has that habit, huh.  The good news, this time none of them were killed by a group of angry moviegoers....

:bs:

You never struck me as being all that gullible.  I was wrong.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

As far as domestic policy, I think the Republicans will try to overplay their hand. (They always do.)  As that happens, Trump's supporters will eventually start to realize that Trump's promises were just "sales talk" (BS).  

There won't be a wall, much less one paid for by Mexico.  

The coal industry will not suddenly emerge from the ashes into a booming industry.

There will be no mass deportations.

"Obamacare" will not be repealed.

The rust belt will not suddenly bloom with high paying jobs for high school graduates. The country will not suddenly revert back to the cultural and political norms of 1950's.

The decline of the middle class and separation of our populace into the wealthy and the poor will accelerate. (It's not like we don't have a history of "trickle down" economic policy to draw from.)  There will be more domestic unrest and riots.

The debt will increase at an increasing rate.  The stock market will remain depressed. 

Regarding foreign policy, most likely Trump will likely be forced to back down from all of his stated opinions -  withdrawal of NATO support, scrapping existing trade agreements,  changing long held positions on nuclear weapons proliferation.  These position are antithetical to traditional Republican values and I can only hope he will receive little support for them from Republicans.

Of course, then there are the wild cards:  Expect further Russian aggression in Ukraine and even the Baltic states for example.

I don't expect him to be able to void the Iranian nuclear agreement, but it's very possible.  That will make the situation even more unstable in the Middle East and may lead to the world's third use of nuclear weapons.  (See https://warisboring.com/playing-a-game-of-chicken-with-nuclear-strategy-7baa0d5111e3#.3avvxjbux )  God help us when that happens.

There will be a world wide reaction when Trump undercuts global efforts to reduce the effects of global warming. In case you haven't been paying attention, the world is warming at an increasing rate. We are already started to experience the effects and we are closing in on the 2 degree increase target limit.  The only question now is how bad it will get before it can no longer be denied as an existential problem and it will get very bad.  You ain't seen nothing yet in terms of drought, famine and refugees.

Our standing in the world will plummet and we will no longer be seen as the "worlds best hope" politically. 

Bottom line, either Trump will do an about face on virtually every policy he has talked about or his policies are going to crash headlong into reality.  

The only "good" that comes to mind is that Trump's election has now made him and the Republican party indisputably in the driver's seat.  They will be held accountable for their policies in the coming elections.  As the consequences for their unsustainable and irresponsible policies becomes apparent to all, I expect a popular reaction by 2020 that will sweep them out in favor of more progressive political ideas. I just hope it won't be too late.  

That's just off the top of my head this morning.  I am sure I can expound further with time.

Given that you've been wrong about, well, 100% of everything to do with the election,the candidates, etc.,  why should anyone bother reading anything you have to say here?   If I had been this wrong; I don't think I would be saying anything right now...maybe you should come back when even one of your thoughts on the political process comports with reality.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

:bs:

You never struck me as being all that gullible.  I was wrong.

You mean they weren't killed because of a movie?!?!?!!?  OMG, and I believed her?!?!?!?!  You're right, I was gullible...

Glad to hear Obama telling us about his personal experience as a politician and how its important for politicians to brush themselves off after they lose. What a freaking egomaniac.  

The good news? Neither Barack nor Hillary will be brushing them selves off again for another campaign. Their days in public office are done! 

22 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Given that you've been wrong about, well, 100% of everything to do with the election,the candidates, etc.,  why should anyone bother reading anything you have to say here?   If I had been this wrong; I don't think I would be saying anything right now...maybe you should come back when even one of your thoughts on the political process comports with reality.

Just a guess, but I think he wrote that because someone asked for his opinion...

I don't agree with everything he wrote either, but dang man... everyone loses if we start telling people to leave the forums because they made a bad prediction once.

6 hours ago, japantiger said:

I have never taken a strong position on who was going to win.  I did expect Hillary to win in a close one, but I got it wrong pretty much like the rest of the world.  That statement is baseless - well, at least if you consider a creation of your imagination is baseless - which I do.

As far as the point of your post, I was honestly responding to a direct question.  (I know - crazy, huh?)  I would have thought that's obvious.  

Anyway, I could give a s*** if you give any consideration to it or not.   So stop acting like a jerk. You're better than that.

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Milk it all you can. :roflol:

Archived