***OFFICIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD***

TitanTiger

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Futures trading will not be allowed to drop below 5% for the night according to NBC news.  Tomorrow could be a very ugly day for 401Ks everywhere.  Possible you'll see a Brexit type of move, where huge drops happen initially followed by a rally a week or so later.  If it happens, be prepared to buy some stock quickly.  Easy cash to be made.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Futures trading will not be allowed to drop below 5% for the night according to NBC news.  Tomorrow could be a very ugly day for 401Ks everywhere.  Possible you'll see a Brexit type of move, where huge drops happen initially followed by a rally a week or so later.  If it happens, be prepared to buy some stock quickly.  Easy cash to be made.

Recent graduate so fairly new to investing on my own, but in a position where my money (that's already set aside for investing, its not like my savings or anything like that) is pretty much locked up in stock positions.  All three positions are long.  Any opinion to cash out first thing tomorrow to avoid the selloff or just ride the wave and let the market correct in the coming weeks?  Don't worry, you hold no burden in your opinion either way because honestly, its just new grad "play money" to me at this point.

Also, back to the topic, this was my first election in a swing state (Florida).  I voted down ballot but left President blank.  Wondered a bit if I'd have regret one way or another, but still stand by my decision.  My family ridiculed me for it, but I just couldn't bring myself to fill in that bubble under "President" for anyone.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Recent graduate so fairly new to investing on my own, but in a position where my money (that's already set aside for investing, its not like my savings or anything like that) is pretty much locked up in stock positions.  All three positions are long.  Any opinion to cash out first thing tomorrow to avoid the selloff or just ride the wave and let the market correct in the coming weeks?  Don't worry, you hold no burden in your opinion either way because honestly, its just new grad "play money" to me at this point.

Also, back to the topic, this was my first election in a swing state (Florida).  I voted down ballot but left President blank.  Wondered a bit if I'd have regret one way or another, but still stand by my decision.  My family ridiculed me for it, but I just couldn't bring myself to fill in that bubble under "President" for anyone.

Ride it out, wait for the correction on your current holdings, especially if they're long plays.  However, if you have cash sitting around, wait a few days for this to bottom out and then buy.  The correction will be kind.  Same thing happened right after Brexit vote.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

401k ugly will look pretty soon. In this country. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Harambe got 15k votes. So that's how serious this election has been. Good job, Dems and Repubs, for turning this thing into a circus. 

How many did Aubie get??

Hopefully, this will teach the establishment parties that you just can't trot out any old horse anymore and expect to win an election. Although it appears Trump is going to win, you've got to believe many inside the RNC are in disbelief. 

8 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

No. It's "buy" low, not sell low.

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was under the assumption that Trump was going to make America great again. 

Well, at least it will be fun watching the Trump supporters encounter reality.

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Hopefully, this will teach the establishment parties that you just can't trot out any old horse anymore and expect to win an election. Although it appears Trump is going to win, you've got to believe many inside the RNC are in disbelief. 

Bernie would've destroyed Trump. But the DNC, being as corrupt as it is, would've never let that happen(obviously). 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well, at least it will be fun watching the Trump supporters encounter reality.

Damn right. Bed has been made, time to lie down. Time to sit back and watch the spectacle unfold. It'll be a yuge spectacle. A great spectacle. 

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

The republicans trotted out 15 other than trump and they all bombed.  

For that matter the DNC needs a gmick fo get a candidate elected    Southern governors Clinton and Carter and then Obama as a minority are their only winning candidates in the last 50  years.   

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

On the other side of the coin, if Trump does pull this off, WE BEAT BAMA!

Since 1984, we are 4-4 in the Iron Bowl during election years.  Each time, when a Republican wins, AU wins the game (84', '88, '00, '04).  When Democrats win, Bama wins ('92, '96, '08, '12).

:bananadance: not about trump

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

On the other side of the coin, if Trump does pull this off, WE BEAT BAMA!

Since 1984, we are 4-4 in the Iron Bowl during election years.  Each time, when a Republican wins, AU wins the game (84', '88, '00, '04).  When Democrats win, Bama wins ('92, '96, '08, '12).

On the other side, the winner of the bama/LSU game has predicted the winner of the election dating back to 1984. 

Archived