The overwhelming choice of evangelicals

TexasTiger

Just now, bigbird said:

You still think I'm attacking you. That's not what I did at all and find it odd you think that.  You still can't refute the fact that you, post election, act like Raptor did pre-election with regards to posting hyperpartisian hit pieces.

When you continually ignore any effort to engage you in discussion and just repeat yourself over and over, there's little else to conclude. You repeatedly derailed my thread, even when I first clarified it for you in my second post :

"But this is hardly a criticism of Trump, but rather a question of what this demographic group that voted for Carter in 1976 stands for in 2016. Years ago, there's no way any candidate saying the things he said gets a smidgen of the evangelical vote. In 2016, he got more of it than previous Republicans. "

You keep repeating I'm posting hyper partisan hit pieces. If I'm doing that on Raptor's scale, you should be able to link to at least 5 of those from the last two days. You've pointed to absolutely zero-- just the assertion. That's Raptoresque. In fact the longer this goes on it feels like Raptor hacked your account.

This is a political forum. People are going to post things other than fluff pieces about the victor. The OP raised a valid issue about a significant voting bloc, evangelicals. The way you've derailed this thread reminds me of a number of other posters on here I won't name.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say this new TDS (Trump derangement syndrome) trend is real and quite amusing given the afflicted. 

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I must say this new TDS (Trump derangement syndrome) trend is real and quite amusing given the afflicted. 

You're confused.

Reporting what Trump actually says or does is not "derangement". 

Now, insisting that Obama actually believes he owns the White House because he once used the sports meme "not in my house!"...... Now that's derangement! 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You're confused.

Reporting what Trump actually says or does is not "derangement. 

Now, insisting that Obama actually believes he owns the White House because he once used the sports meme "not in my house!"...... Now that's derangement! 

Not confused at all. Maybe you'd like to revisit some of your "but Obama" thread responses? I find the hypocrisy laughable.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You're confused.

Reporting what Trump actually says or does is not "derangement. 

Thinking merely quoting Trump is a hyper partisan attack must be the new derangement of the right wing.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Thinking merely quoting Trump is a hyper partisan attack must be the new derangement of the right wing.

And yet, all I did was " merely " quote Obama... funny how that works, huh? 

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes, you're known as merely being a scribe of current events.

" The police acted stupidly " - Barry Obama 

Just now, AURaptor said:

ODS

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

ODS

Yeah, I know , right ?  Accurately reminding folks of what Barry said is tantamount to being DERANGED !!!

4 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Yeah, if you were arrested on your own property for being "loud in a public place" AFTER the police confirmed it was your house, you'd call them more than acting stupid:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/harvard.gates.interview/

11 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Yeah, I know , right ?  Accurately reminding folks of what Barry said is tantamount to being DERANGED !!!

Now you are "borrowing" other posters points.  :roflol:

11 hours ago, AURaptor said:

And yet, all I did was " merely " quote Obama... funny how that works, huh? 

Yeah, you quoted him in a sports meme and then insisted he meant it literally.  That's nuts by anyone's standards.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

They did.

TexasTiger wanted to drop this, but apparently you're all gung-ho about rewriting history, huh? 

Cop did his job. Some elitist , arrogant  professor whining about not being treated like royalty isn't grounds to accuse the cop of ' acting stupidly '. Fact is, Obama had no damn business even commenting on a very local issue. NONE. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, you quoted him in a sports meme and then insisted he meant it literally.  That's nuts by anyone's standards.

circle-back-o.gif  < ---- Homer 

16 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not confused at all. Maybe you'd like to revisit some of your "but Obama" thread responses? I find the hypocrisy laughable.

By all means.  Bring it on.  If you are making comparisons, I insist.

Try to find something I said that tops "Obama thinks he owns the white house".  :lmao:

On 11/25/2016 at 6:55 PM, TexasTiger said:

This guy:

"Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tamerragriffin/trump-asked-if-its-wrong-to-be-attracted-to-his-daughter?utm_term=.dtzmmwvG3E#.ba5ppr9LVB

What does it mean to be an evangelical these days?

It means you are trying to go into the world and make disciples, baptizing people in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why do you ask?

32 minutes ago, Grumps said:

It means you are trying to go into the world and make disciples, baptizing people in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why do you ask?

Thanks for clarifying. The choice makes perfect sense now.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I suppose that's one way of trying to defend the indefensible. 

The indefensible ???  Clown, YOU'RE the one who is trying to spin for Barry here. Do try and keep up. 

Archived