Potential offensive changes coming

aubiefifty

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And that's an old story.  Since then, Briles has filed defamation of character suits against the University and who knows what else has gone on.  It's a giant mess.

Old in the sense of a couple of months....this is the kind of thing that can go on for years before it is resolved.  Just opining that nobody on the coaching staff is done with testifying....and what school wants to have members of it's current athletic staff still worrying about past legal problems ?  I feel bad for all the innocent guys...but frankly, we don't know who they are.  JMO

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a feeling that Rhett will be on board and nothing will change. What have we seen out of CGM to make us think he would change anything?

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It wasn't the lack of upgrades, it was the broken promises. He didn't feel like he had the support of, or could trust the administration, even with the dynasty he had built. I know it's controversial, but basically he left because of football, all be it indirectly. He learned, in a manner of speaking, that no matter how good you are and how amazing your program is, the PTB only care about football when it comes down to it.

What it would take is a new AD that shows real respect to the program and follows through on promises... and that is if he would consider it at all.

The crazy thing about that is JJ is breaking promises with Gus now.

3 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Sincere questions:

If facility upgrades were a contributing factor to CDM leaving, how much of a commitment would a new AD have to make to lure him back?

Would a $10 million (arbitrary number) capital project for S&D interfere with improvements to other university or athletic facilities?

WDE!

Have no idea but the big PTB for swimming are willing to pony up is what I have heard and yes we have a few PTB in swimming.

2 hours ago, ertrader said:

It seems odd that our compliance dept would block hiring Kendall Briles due to a minor recruiting violation, yet previously allow the hiring of Bruce Pearl. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Somebody is is using their noggin. Many likes I give this.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I got a feeling that Rhett will be on board and nothing will change. What have we seen out of CGM to make us think he would change anything?

I will feel better about Rhett if he has a healthy QB....not sure KB or anyone else was going to do well last year with the situation we had.  One can argue that we should not have gotten in that shape but it happens/ has happened at lots of schools who end up with no QB and a crappy offense....until they get some QB talent.    

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Somebody is is using their noggin. Many likes I give this.

I was not in favor of Bruce but at least his problems were behind him....KB?  ....not so sure about....thinking he could have problems ahead of him yet. 

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is the feeling any educated  AU fan should have. On the other hand there is talk from AU sources in all directions that changes on O are likely, & likely by February.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I was not in favor of Bruce but at least his problems were behind him....KB?  ....not so sure about....thinking he could have problems ahead of him yet. 

His problems are minor recruiting violations that coaches on every staff do on a yearly basis. Should be nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

You can bet that Bruce was not hired without total approval of the NCAA in advance. At this point the NCAA cannot give that type all-clear for AB or KB. Remember so far this has been a legal and title IX case, NCAA infraction committee has not looked at the  player advantage aspect yet so that may still follow. Baylor nor the coaches involved are in the clear yet.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This is the feeling any educated  AU fan should have. On the other hand there is talk from AU sources in all directions that changes on O are likely, & likely by February.

Hopefully they include Horton staying put.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

His problems are minor recruiting violations that coaches on every staff do on a yearly basis. Should be nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

It's the combination of that with everything else going on around him. It's a lot harder to say someone is completely clean of everything else when they are getting busted for a violation, no matter how small.  It's all about perception.

Different take.  The NCAA is pretty much a toothless lion at the moment.  Penn St. waited to long, but eventually went to court over some of that crap.  What did Miami get?  What is Baylor getting? Nada, because they were going to fight it in court.  We need to stock our compliance department with a ton of lawyers, and make no mistake, we need to follow the rules to the LETTER, but we also need to bust open the envelope in the gray areas and get in Saban's grille and compete harder for recruits and consultants and off the field coaches and ex pro athletes for our practice squad and bumping into players all the time.  Make Saban think if he takes a 15 minute nap, that he is falling behind us.  NCAA says anything, ignore it and take them to court - they will lose IF we are following the letter of their rules.  Basically, I'm tired of Bama's and the NCAA's crap - how long are we going to lay down/throw up our dress and take it?

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Interesting he gets called to the home office for that at the same piont that he was talking to AU. I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's all we know...but there is a whole lot that we don't know.....and probably won't know for a while...and no reason for AU to take a chance here. JMO.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

What is Baylor getting?

Baylor doesn't need punishment... the recruits are doing that all by themselves.  They barely have a 2017 class.... 8 commits. All 3-star.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's all we know...but there is a whole lot that we don't know.....and probably won't know for a while...and no reason for AU to take a chance here. JMO.

Actually, the NCAA accepted the self imposed penalties set forth by Baylor, on the recruiting violations and said there was nothing else coming down from them. KB lost a few evaluation periods. That's it.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Baylor doesn't need punishment... the recruits are doing that all by themselves.  They barely have a 2017 class.... 8 commits. All 3-star.

Basically because there their program is in disarray from admin through the coaching levels.  NCAA is irrelevant is my point.

Without Art Briles baylor is NOTHING. They have next to no history without him. They will fall back to where they were before him and that was the second worst team in the big 12 besides kansas in football. You lose him you lose your whole program basically.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

why so late? because I guess those coaches are still actively recruiting before signing date do wait until after?

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The crazy thing about that is JJ is breaking promises with Gus now.

I havent seen those mentioned here. Along what lines is JJ breaking promises in football?

Just now, cole256 said:

If we block ourselves from getting briles on staff as even an analyst.....we're stupid. 

well........ any evidence where we have shown we are smart?

Briles,...the only person in the entire US capable of saving our football program ?  And surely there must be a line of struggling football programs trying to hire him and paying any amount of money for his services.    Do we even have enough money to hire this miracle worker?      

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

So one person said JJ didn't get done to the S&D program what Marsh wanted and you think that equals him being run off?  That's special.

Again. I didn't come up with this s***. Which means there is no way possible it's the most ignorant post ever on this site. I heard Jacobs didn't give Marsh what he wanted which helped lead Marsh to leave. 

It's pretty stupid that you got your drawers pinched in the wad over this stuff but it's less than a surprise coming from you. 

Archived