2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

11 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

You are definitely dreaming. No way Stidham leaves after one year. 

Not dreaming at all he has already been projected as a top 10 in a mock draft. I'm not saying its going to happen but he is very well thought of in NFL circles. Just have to wait and see

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not dreaming at all he has already been projected as a top 10 in a mock draft. I'm not saying its going to happen but he is very well thought of in NFL circles. Just have to wait and see

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

Its true. Stidha. is already on my 2019 fantasy league.

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I know, I've read and heard pretty much everything about him. Nothing but positive things from everyone. I'm going to sit back and hope to god I'm proved wrong. I still think it's wishful thinking. These same people have Cowart going second round.

2 hours ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

If Fields chooses the good guys does anyone think Gatewood might back off his commitment? 

Then you have Nix who looks like he might be really good. 

Some sources believe he will stick. Others think he looks elsewhere.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Plus if he has a good healthy season word from AU is he is leaning to go pro after this season.

Cam only lasted one season. Sometimes we just can't seem to win for losing. Hopefully, we are able to sign JF which would lessen the impact of losing JS 

If we are able to land Fields, Stidham declares, and Sean White transfers we better dang well be looking at a back up plan for Gatewood. We'd have 2 scholarship QB should JG decide to go elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

My gut feeling tells me that if he is as successful and I think he will be then he will be gone

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If he leaves after this year we probably won the championship 

we better! I do not want one of those one and does where He has a great year but the team is mediocre. I.E. Trubisky this past year. That is my biggest fear. Again have a great qb for only 1 year but instead of a championship like with Cam it is just a 9-4 or 8-5 season. 

4 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

If we are able to land Fields, Stidham declares, and Sean White transfers we better dang well be looking at a back up plan for Gatewood. We'd have 2 scholarship QB should JG decide to go elsewhere.  

The plan is to take 2 QBs in this class no matter what the combination is FWIW.

First set of rankings at the Elite 11 from 247 National Evaluator Bartin Simmons...

1. Justin Fields

Fields — the hottest quarterback commodity on the market — is in total control as a passer. He's controlled with his accuracy, with his arm downfield, with his feet within the pocket. He just looks like this all comes really easy for him. If you had to pick one of these guys that was a college quarterback in disguise, Fields is your pick, without hesitation.

Fields is the No. 2 QB in the 247Sports Composite. 

Saw this when searching any justin fields news on twitter. WOOOOOF. Hope that changes this year for us.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Plus if he has a good healthy season word from AU is he is leaning to go pro after this season.

I will take it if it comes with another National Championship

Edit: if I read a little further I would have seen ClaytonAU beat me to it. 

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

First set of rankings at the Elite 11 from 247 National Evaluator Bartin Simmons...

Wow.  Nice praise. 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Saw this when searching any justin fields news on twitter. WOOOOOF. Hope that changes this year for us.

If Field's main requirement is having a QB throw for 3,300 yards then we need to start looking at other prospects and keeping Gatewood on the front burner. With our system, which is very successful with good personnel, we should never have a QB throw for that many yards. If we do, then it's because we are behind in a lot of games.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yeah, they also play in the ACC, where defense is not king...but that's what they've gotta do to persuade recruits, I suppose.

Maybe he should play in the Big Twelve?  They had a guy pass for over 5000 yards last year.

Conference USA had 4600 yards at La Tech, maybe that would be a good choice.  As long as we're hand picking stats.

We're going to get 3000 yards this year unless we're so far ahead they sit Stidham for fourth quarter. 

We're going to put up monster numbers this year. 

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, they also play in the ACC, where defense is not king...but that's what they've gotta do to persuade recruits, I suppose.

ACC is no big 12. They had 3 top 15 defenses last year in total defense in boston college, the Ville and Clemson.  ANYWAYS back to us I think we can all agree we have more talent lately than the stats would show for when it comes to our passing game. This is the year the stats will back up the talent we have with our QB passing stats and WRs numbers.

Archived