Stidham, Willis work with qb coaches

aubiefifty

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Important piece of the puzzle. In terms of how Vick should be judged now in terms of attitude, we should probably look at the end of his career, not the beginning. A lot of guys enter professional sports as immature jerks and leave as somewhat decent, hardworking dudes. Don't know if Vick qualifies but Andy Reid was quite complimentary of his attitude and work ethic when he was in Philly. 

And nobody's trying to say that Vick is a guru. All anyone's trying to say is there's no reason to freak out and act like he's going to ruin Auburn players by spending some time with them over the summer throwing footballs around. 

I don't disagree with you at all.  He may be greatly matured and learned now and I hope he is.  I simply gave my 2 cents earlier as to why I'd rather let somebody else's QB be his pupil rather than "ours" (at least until he proves himself as said guru) but got virtually quoted and called out as having a certain social attitude that's not true so I reiterated why I have my genuine opinion.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cam and Nick also had their fair share of run ins with the law shouldn't that also dissuade you from wanting them to coach our young impressionable QBs?

Just now, Tiger said:

Cam and Nick also had their fair share of run ins with the law shouldn't that also dissuade you from wanting them to coach our young impressionable QBs?

I assume that's toward me...

My opinion is strictly a football opinion based on watching them and reading about them as related to football.

Any comments I made about Vick off-the-field was made as sarcastic commentary pointing out how the two things were not related.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't disagree with you at all.  He may be greatly matured and learned now and I hope he is.  I simply gave my 2 cents earlier as to why I'd rather let somebody else's QB be his pupil rather than "ours" (at least until he proves himself as said guru) but got virtually quoted and called out as having a certain social attitude that's not true so I reiterated why I have my genuine opinion.

Can't argue with any of that. Would have "liked" it, in fact, but I'm out of them. 

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I assume that's toward me...

My opinion is strictly a football opinion based on watching them and reading about them as related to football.

Any comments I made about Vick off-the-field was made as sarcastic commentary pointing out how the two things were not related.

Sorry i didn't tag you. Gotcha. And I guess I got lost in the sauce of the back and forth and misunderstood your point!

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Sorry i didn't tag you. Gotcha. And I guess I got lost in the sauce of the back and forth and misunderstood your point!

No worries, I get it.

......Ron Mexico.....HA again HA!!

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The sauce! So saucy...

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think Cole is hating on Palmer or being personal so much as offering his observations on how we view athletes differently. I agree with some of what he says, if I'm reading him right.

I disagreed with this guy about a year ago. Now when I post he will come in and say the same things when he can and try this. Notice he had nothing to say about anybody criticising Vick, if I had criticized Vick he then would've had a problem

6 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

He's stereotyping everybody that doesn't think Vick is a good coach/role model because of race...

So was everybody else stereotyping the opposite point of view? But no that's not true but you're going to get you some likes off of it. I may like it myself

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's stereotyping & something that should be avoided by all of us.

Such as one qb just having talent, nothing to offer and teach and the other qb's astute, studious in nature great teachers role models etc

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

All your other comments aside, Vick was just an athlete because he chose to be just an athlete.  Watching & reading his actions and words over the years in Atlanta (can't speak for Philly) he didn't WANT to he coached.  He wanted and expected to just let his natural ability allow him to play backyard football and "I'm better than you" the other team to death.

I know there's an agenda behind a lot of your arguments and that's fine...that's your jam.  But most negative opinions of Vick's potential ability to be a great teacher of QB's was earned by his attitudes & actions over the years.

Maybe we're all wrong.  Maybe he'll be the guru of gurus... But I'd rather let a bammer or thUga QB be the guinea pig and not a potential Auburn great.  I suspect Willis can be great...maybe the next Cam/Nick but I'd rather he be coached BY Cam or Nick than Vick.  They proved coachable at least.

Agenda behind my posts but of course none behind anybody else but mine.....good stuff. Hey as long as you go with that you'll always have tineslider right there with you. no agenda from him though right?

Every time I post cue, alexeva, au 24, Mikey, that the guy mentioned before and probably one or two I'm missing but I have the agenda....cool

But that's my bad I started to not even get into this, fact is not one person know how good any of the coaches are but as reasons that people stated there is one particular coach that's not wanted for speculative reasons. Thread is five pages full of opinions and when I type mine it's let people have their opinions....? got it

So when does fall practice start?

I can't wait to actually speculate and argue about what our student athletes are doing on the practice field. 

#cantwaittilfootballseason

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Agenda behind my posts but of course none behind anybody else but mine.....good stuff. Hey as long as you go with that you'll always have tineslider right there with you. no agenda from him though right?

Every time I post cue, alexeva, au 24, Mikey, that the guy mentioned before and probably one or two I'm missing but I have the agenda....cool

Like I said, it's your thing and I would ordinarily stay out of it.  

However you clearly referenced me and followed it with some bold (and insulting) personal assumptions.  You don't know me.

The world is full of people that don't like other people for one reason or another.  If you can't get over it long enough to just talk football without pulling others into your perceived notions of fairness and assumptions of how we all feel & think socially then spend more time on the Politics board.

I was talking in terms of football and the only colors I care about when I do are orange & blue....  Nothing else.  So please keep me out of your SJW comments and I'll be happy to stay out of them too.

23 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Like I said, it's your thing and I would ordinarily stay out of it.  

However you clearly referenced me and followed it with some bold (and insulting) personal assumptions.  You don't know me.

The world is full of people that don't like other people for one reason or another.  If you can't get over it long enough to just talk football without pulling others into your perceived notions of fairness and assumptions of how we all feel & think socially then spend more time on the Politics board.

I was talking in terms of football and the only colors I care about when I do are orange & blue....  Nothing else.  So please keep me out of your SJW comments and I'll be happy to stay out of them too.

I don't know what sjw means.  You're right I don't know and I don't dislike anybody on here which is why I can post and not follow any particular person's posts a year later and be angry because I don't care enough. I talk football. 

I don't know what reference of you, you're talking about, definitely don't know the insulting personal references. But I guess that's your thing because you certainly just did that to me. 

And if you don't want anybody replying to your post on a forum then don't post. Now we don't have to speak on this anymore, unless you post something I don't agree with then I'll post I don't and tell you why. Period. But no it's nothing personal

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what sjw means.  You're right I don't know and I don't dislike anybody on here which is why I can post and not follow any particular person's posts a year later and be angry because I don't care enough. I talk football. 

I don't know what reference of you, you're talking about, definitely don't know the insulting personal references. But I guess that's your thing because you certainly just did that to me. 

And if you don't want anybody replying to your post on a forum then don't post. Now we don't have to speak on this anymore, unless you post something I don't agree with then I'll post I don't and tell you why. Period. But no it's nothing personal

Regardless of whether you say you know or not, just keep me out of it moving forward (please) and we're golden.

:cheers:

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Regardless of whether you say you know or not, just keep me out of it moving forward (please) and we're golden.

:cheers:

It's nothing to keep you out of, if you post something that doesn't make any sense or isn't factual I'll speak on it, if that's not the caseI won't. No different than anybody else on this board. As far as the personal stuff more than likely you're mistaken but whatever float your boat. 

what was this thread about again?  I'm too lazy to go look.

Archived