SEC Media Days - who you bringin'?

TigerWar

My picks...

Daniel Carlson, Senior, Kicker (Legatron is a two-time Lou Groza Award finalist and considered the best kicker in the country)

Tray Matthews, Senior, Safety (I think it's a pretty safe bet that he'll be there...kinda sounds like he's The Godfather of the team)

I think the aforementioned players are a pretty safe bet to represent Auburn at SEC media days, but there are many more viable options to round it out with the third pick -

Braden Smith, Senior, OT/OG (Kansas product considered one of the best offensive lineman in the nation)

Jarrett Stidham, So., QB (Do you take your new shiny toy, the Texas gunslinger has been the most talked about Auburn player this offseason. He would create a lot of buzz, but I'm not sure that would be fair to Sean White)

Austin Golson, Sr., C/OL (The Prattville native has been a mainstay on the AU OL since transferring from Ole Miss after his freshman year and is expected to have a big senior season)

Kamryn Pettway, RSJR, RB (I'd have to say Pettway is likely the odds on favorite to secure the third slot as the player representative for AU at media days after leading the conference in rushing yards per game in 2016 and despite having one more season of eligibility after this year, it's a safe bet that he'll be off to the league with a productive 2017)

Tre' Williams, Sr., LB (The former 5-Star has been a consistent contributor during his career on the plains, but fans are still anxious to see him take it to the next level as a star and his LB Coach T-Will thinks he can do that this season after shedding some weight and adding quickness)

I'll have to go with Pettway to round out Auburn's 3 reps. Legatron, Tray Matthews and Kamryn Pettway.

Who ya got?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Carlson

Tray Matthews

Braden Smith

All three could have left to try the NFL but chose to come back for senior season. Like to reward them.

By the way Pettway and Braden are not too fond of interviews I don't think they would want to do all that talking..

Legatron

Trey Matthews 

Austin Golson

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

By the way Pettway and Braden are in interviews I don't think they would want to do all that talking..

I think you have a point.

I'd take Tre Williams, Tray Matthews, and Austin Golson.

Sorry, Daniel. A damn good one you are, but a kicker, still.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Deshaun Davis

Golson

Bubba

Tre Williams and Deshaun Davis were the first two names that popped into my head, but I imagine Deshaun will be there next year as a senior. Same reason I don't think KJ will be there this year.

Williams and Matthews for sure. Not sure about the third. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Tre Williams and Deshaun Davis were the first two names that popped into my head, but I imagine Deshaun will be there next year as a senior. Same reason I don't think KJ will be there this year.

Agree. I'd be pretty surprised if Matthews wasn't one of the 3. I also agree with your reasoning with Deshaun. However, can't go wrong with taking either one of them b/c they're so close to one another and have very similar fun personalities and interview well. 

My third pick would be Golson. The shocker would be if JS goes but I don't see any chance of that happening. 

2 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yup. I love him but like Peyton said years ago kickers are supposed to kick, not talk...

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I picked Deshaun because he seems to be the vocal leader of the D that others rally around FWIW.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Lol ellitor love to say how we don't get along but I missed it. Mikey.....I'd let him talk about linebackers...he'd be trying to recruit 60 year old men to bring back the good ol days...I'd do my best Russell Westbrook impersonation

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect no. We struggle to get a long online. In person would be insane.

lol that'a funny there's got to be a joke in there somewhere on the line of you know  these three guys show up at a bar one has??????

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol ellitor love to say how we don't get along but I missed it. Mikey.....I'd let him talk about linebackers...he'd be trying to recruit 60 year old men to bring back the good ol days...I'd do my best Russell Westbrook impersonation

in your dreams j/k cole j/k

4 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

I think you have a point.

I'd take Tre Williams, Tray Matthews, and Austin Golson.

Yeah I was kind of hesistant because of that but still he's a great speaker.

No to Stidham, last time we had an unproven QB out there for us it completely backfired with JJ. 

IMO it will most likely be Tre Williams, Tray Matthews, and Carlson.

Archived