Post a picture

11 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Where on the coast?  Been doing a lot of driving back and forth across I-10 this year and will likely continue for another.  Looking for a good place to stop and break up the trip.

I think you meant to ask Salty Tiger

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I have so much to say but maybe this is one time I need to just shut up and wait. Just know I'm intensely interested in everything you said here.

Feel free to PM me if you want

• Thanks 1

Any percussionists on here?  A few weeks ago I (finally) took delivery of my DW Collectors Series drum set.  After I had a very lucrative December this was my reward to myself.  I have wanted a DW drum set ever since I was a child and had it custom built to exactly how I wanted it, cost being a non-issue.  This is a 1 of 1  where this color DW had never made before and I had to speak with the chief at headquarters in California to stain it how I wanted it.  Why?  My favorite color is blue, and my grandfather gave me his black drum set for me to learn on as a child.  So I wanted to remember where I came from as I look to the future.  I hope I can give this to my children one day. (Notice what I have hanging on the wall too)

B37365BA-D531-4624-8F04-A2AB907E314B.jpeg

0CD18687-01DD-45B7-BB24-26A700715E8E.jpeg

064D8C79-5A7E-46A0-8088-5DC631248E2E.jpeg

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Any percussionists on here?  A few weeks ago I (finally) took delivery of my DW Collectors Series drum set.  After I had a very lucrative December this was my reward to myself.  I have wanted a DW drum set ever since I was a child and had it custom built to exactly how I wanted it, cost being a non-issue.  This is a 1 of 1  where this color DW had never made before and I had to speak with the chief at headquarters in California to stain it how I wanted it.  Why?  My favorite color is blue, and my grandfather gave me his black drum set for me to learn on as a child.  So I wanted to remember where I came from as I look to the future.  I hope I can give this to my children one day. (Notice what I have hanging on the wall too)

Man, that’s a beautiful set(drums)! Good on you for rewarding yourself man! 

BTW, drums were my first air instrument. Put on Rush Limelight, step back and enjoy the show my friend!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

WOW.  Those are so cool!!!  Absolutely love the color

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

USA vs Qatar last night.  Gold Cup Semifinals.

20210729_185627.jpg

20210729_200855.jpg

Was going to mention to you that your new team's new digs looked great on the broadcast. I love the pillars in the corners to give it a slight outdoor basketball gym feel. That might sound backhanded but it's not. I just love that style of stadium with the full overhangs but still very much an outdoor venue. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Was going to mention to you that your new team's new digs looked great on the broadcast. I love the pillars in the corners to give it a slight outdoor basketball gym feel. That might sound backhanded but it's not. I just love that style of stadium with the full overhangs but still very much an outdoor venue. 

Thanks sir.  Its a great venue.  My season tickets for Austin FC games are in the upper deck, but its right on top of the action.  Place gets extremely loud because those overhangs just bounce noise right back on the field.

Get over here for a game sometime!

P.S.  Highly considering going to the WCQ in Nashville vs Canada on Labor Day weekend.  Definitely going to the game here in Austin vs Jamiaca.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Thanks sir.  Its a great venue.  My season tickets for Austin FC games are in the upper deck, but its right on top of the action.  Place gets extremely loud because those overhangs just bounce noise right back on the field.

Get over here for a game sometime!

P.S.  Highly considering going to the WCQ in Nashville vs Canada on Labor Day weekend.  Definitely going to the game here in Austin vs Jamiaca.

I will definitely let you know if I do. Really really want to. Can't even get to ATL lately but I'll get my life back at some point.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:42 PM, LKEEL75 said:

I haven't been on vacation in about 4 years and every time I did go I would come back to SOOO much waiting on me.  Last year I was in middle of a separation and CV19 so couldn't do much.  Realized as this year started that I could sit anywhere and work as long as I have WiFi.  My kid (20) is my roommate.  We talked and he said he could manage the dogs & house.  So I bought a toy hauler, loaded my clothes & Harley up and hit the road.  I have no destination.  I have no time to be some specific place.  I have no time to be back to my static address.  I am currently in Arkansas because my cousin lived here and thought I would stop in and see her and her family for a bit.  They convinced me to stick around another week longer and I had not reason not to.  So we are going on much long kayaking trip next weekend.  After that, I am not sure where I am going or when I will be there.  But I will post pics of the cool stuff I run into.

Ah the freedom you must feel.  Awesome that you get that opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:19 PM, abw0004 said:

Absolutely.  I was section leader in high school drum line, and played in jazz band in college.  Loved it.  I haven't kept up with it in years though.  I also have that poster on the wall.  😀  

Nothing like Zildgian cymbals. I learned something from a professional jazz percussionist regarding his cymbal.  He punched holes all around the outer edge and places those brass tacs (like on envelopes) in the holes.  Makes for a really cool, lasting splash sound when jazzing. Recommend on 1 cymbal if you do a lot of jazz.  Cool set. 

• Like 2

Found a fantastic looking Frisbee golf course at a local park near my work.  Very well done as most of the play is through the woods.  Here is one that stood out to me looking from both ends of the play.  I will have to try this course of one day. 

20210803_122717.jpg

20210803_123431.jpg

• Like 3

For Golf.  Dusk at the Woodford Club course in Versailles, KY.

20210803_200425.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Found a fantastic looking Frisbee golf course at a local park near my work.  Very well done as most of the play is through the woods.  Here is one that stood out to me looking from both ends of the play.  I will have to try this course of one day. 

20210803_122717.jpg

20210803_123431.jpg

Too funny. I very randomly and accidentally discovered one in my area yesterday. Can't attest to the quality but I can't imagine it wouldn't be fun to play there. One hole goes over a lake which I thought was cool.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Too funny. I very randomly and accidentally discovered one in my area yesterday. Can't attest to the quality but I can't imagine it wouldn't be fun to play there. One hole goes over a lake which I thought was cool.

Haha.  On the sign of the one I showed, it said something like if Frisbee lands in creek, it is out of bounds and lose a stroke.  I was thinking more like lose a Frisbee.  Lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

For Golf.  Dusk at the Woodford Club course in Versailles, KY.

20210803_200425.jpg

Nice AUB..... never played that part of KY just played around the Louisville area

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nice AUB..... never played that part of KY just played around the Louisville area

I didn't play it either, just had a clear shot of it.  Looks to have many a pretty view through the course though.  You can see it from the road driving up.  My daughter was taking tennis lessons at the club there and with the fantastic weather these past few days, the links were full. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

And does your little buddy have a name???? He/she is a cutie

Oh yeah. This is my big guy, his name is krypto. Imo I feel he looks like superman's dog so I named him after that.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh yeah. This is my big guy, his name is krypto. Imo I feel he looks like superman's dog so I named him after that.

Really good looking pup, my dude

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, abw0004 said:

That's a beautiful drum set! Love DW's.

I play a bit, but hadn't had a kit in years. Recently got the little 4 piece Ludwig Questlove jazz set with the blue sparkle. It's about as quiet as drums can be and fairly inexpensive, which met my needs. Dream Bliss hi hats, Zildjian A Uptown Ride and a small Zildjian crash. Does not compare to your set, but I am completely satisfied. 

• Love 2