Post a picture

On 8/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Reppin at Phish at Deer Creek. 

mmYaVQO.jpg

Love the flag. First time I saw Phish was at Deer Creek in 2009 on the come back tour. Huge thunderstorm moved in during the first set. Extended set break sent everyone back to the lot. Don't think they checked tickets on the way back in because the lawn was PACKED. Lightning show during the second set. Was a pretty damn good time. 

We camped at Green Acres, which if it's still there, is definitely the place to be. 

https://youtu.be/xL5HjYdE4H4

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Love the flag. First time I saw Phish was at Deer Creek in 2009 on the come back tour. Huge thunderstorm moved in during the first set. Extended set break sent everyone back to the lot. Don't think they checked tickets on the way back in because the lawn was PACKED. Lightning show during the second set. Was a pretty damn good time. 

We camped at Green Acres, which if it's still there, is definitely the place to be. 

https://youtu.be/xL5HjYdE4H4

I was there as well. It was crazy. Staff told us that they weren’t coming back out, so we left at set break. We camped the next year at Sleepy Bear and it was probably the hottest couple days I’ve ever experienced for a concert. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Lordy those are some big crowds. Must have felt especially magical this go-round.

Happy to be vaxxed, but still a bit paranoid. I’ll probably get tested in a few days for the sake of my coworkers. The edges of the lawn provided 4-6ft of distance to those in front of us. The line was longer to wash hands than the urinals. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Working the night shift in Cali.

8DEB4143-7F46-4B22-BA49-A3CF27975A74.jpeg

440FABE0-D4A5-409F-A668-C7F59EEE8B00.jpeg

Have been meaning to ask if you got called up. Stay safe, brother. I hear it's like hell out there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Have been meaning to ask if you got called up. Stay safe, brother. I hear it's like hell out there. 

Thanks for the thoughts bud.

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy right now. We drove out here in the engine pictured. Took 3.5 days, 3 of which I’m pretty sure we’re spent in Nevada. 

The smoke was so thick south of Reno Tuesday afternoon that it literally blacked out the sun. Just crazy.

Thanks for the thoughts from you and @LKEEL75

061E4E5B-453B-4CD1-B3B0-7B15265DC9B7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks for the thoughts bud.

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy right now. We drove out here in the engine pictured. Took 3.5 days, 3 of which I’m pretty sure we’re spent in Nevada. 

The smoke was so thick south of Reno Tuesday afternoon that it literally blacked out the sun. Just crazy.

Thanks for the thoughts from you and @LKEEL75

061E4E5B-453B-4CD1-B3B0-7B15265DC9B7.jpeg

Truly can't imagine. Amazing pictures, not that I take joy in them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Truly can't imagine. Amazing pictures, not that I take joy in them. 

It is the ultimate dichotomy. It’s beautiful and terrifying. Fire is gonna do it’s thing, regardless of what we humans want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It is the ultimate dichotomy. It’s beautiful and terrifying. Fire is gonna do it’s thing, regardless of what we humans want. 

Keep yourself as safe as possible; in a fundamentally unsafe set of circumstance.  Great photos...

I read Young Men and Fire about 35 years ago.  It was the 1st time I had any real sense of the challenge and danger of dealing with fires like this.   You are under-appreciated.  

• Thanks 1

Gotta love when the wife sends me to the neighborhood pool early to stake out one of the three cabanas. 

Take as much time as you need to finish up your game of The Floor Is Lava before you put on your suits, kiddos. No rush!

PXL_20210822_135813089.MP.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

A little bit of nighttime action the last few days

3655B764-985D-4C7C-BF88-23100B2A5FA9.jpeg

8A792671-B351-4640-B67F-E5DDCAA6C21D.jpeg

BDC2F4FE-469F-4AFC-9A66-4DDD732D2960.jpeg

Beautiful pictures but damn that looks intense. Stay safe bro! But seriously amazing pictures...

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2021 at 6:14 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

A little bit of nighttime action the last few days

3655B764-985D-4C7C-BF88-23100B2A5FA9.jpeg

8A792671-B351-4640-B67F-E5DDCAA6C21D.jpeg

BDC2F4FE-469F-4AFC-9A66-4DDD732D2960.jpeg

Where are you at?  I think I may be seeing your smoke?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I am on the Antelope Fire in northern Cali. Just north of Mt Shasta.

Ah well guess this smoke around Yellowstone isn't you.  Be safe!!

• Like 1