***AU vs. Clemson -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, slipadeedoodah said:

Is it just me or did Sean White have more touch on his passes?

It's just you.  Stidham throws a pretty ball.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

No crossing routes to gain a yardage and loosen the deep coverage so we could give Legatron a shot before halftime. What's not to understand?

Run  a cross route and they blanket deep WRs and we don't have the TOs to make it, then you get on here and say why are we running shorter routes at this point.

Point being, there's no winning with a lot of you guys.

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Seems unless you're a sunshine pumper people think of you as a troll.  I don't think a QB change is the answer.  I think we will see the coaches we have if any adjustments are made.  But I don't like Stidhams development under CL so far. 

Game is going just like last year. Which after so much hope during the offseason is disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

20 pass plays called.  17 rushes.  That's nothing like a Gus offense

Thank goodness someone is paying attention. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Pettway isn't getting his normal chunk yards. He's having a decent game but we're still in 3rd and long even with him. We're not going to wear their defense down with just pounding Pettway. That's what they want at this point b/c they've been able to contain him. We have no vertical passing game to speak of right now. Just running Pettway isn't going to win us this game. 

Half of the time we are literally running him straight into 3 Clemson DL. He's had 2 runs behind Braden where he went for 14. I just don't think we are running him right. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we should chuck it

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is trigger shy because they are not open. This is not on stidham.

Cant see the whole field, not blaming Stidham, just frustrated that the WRs arent getting space.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The score is 7-6 AT Clemson a top 5 team in the nation. Their WR's got a couple good catches and our O hasn't been great. Calm the frick down guys. 

I understand what you're saying but if they are #1 or unranked I'd love to see Auburn play a complete game and show improvement offensively. 

3 minutes ago, Shift said:

Wait a second, I was told that Davis was the best receiver on the team a few weeks ago.  What is going on here?

Has his strengths. Just not being used correctly. Those go routes are going nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

If that is the case, why don't they give Martin a chance?  He had success last week running the ball

Malik Miller

Ok, I lied...I can't stay completely away. You people do realize this is a 1pt game against the #3 defending national champions at their house? Slow your roll and let the game played out. Clemson had 1....ONE, good drive. Could we lose? Possibly, but there's 30 more minutes to go and our defense is playing pretty darned well.

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Our coach is an idiot.

How do you call two time outs on our first series?

How do you not have known what you were gonna do on 4th and short?

How do you as an offensive guru not have any more imagination on first and goal?

Killing me.

Guess what? We didn't need them in the 2nd ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You do know he's banged up...right? 

This. The more Pettway runs, the more he resembles me thinking about getting up while hungover. He is banged up, tired, and the only horse getting worked.

1 minute ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

Seriously, Stidham looks like Sean White last year. This is beyond disappointing.

NO just no! Sean White cannot sling it like Stidham. This is not on him. He is doing everything he should. NOT forcing throws that are not there and extending the plays giving the WR's more chances to get open. He is being smart with the ball rather than risking a turnover.

I hope they can make the adjustments needed on offense to open it up in the second half.  Gus just said he thinks they can make some adjustments...we'll see

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was tulsa competition just that easy?

Yes. You put 2 and 3 star offense against a 2 and 3 star defense in the Sun Belt, and the playbook/system makes the difference.

You put 4 and 5 star offense against a 4 and 5 star defense in the SEC, and the players makes the difference.

These very good defenders are more disciplined. The window dressing does not have the same effect.

The WRs are not getting open because of the routes we are calling, as well as the play of the WR. A WR running a shallow route against a top DB will not be open.

We are playing a lot of man defense too, but Clemson has better routes, and calls them better.

Just now, djg0017 said:

Half of the time we are literally running him straight into 3 Clemson DL. He's had 2 runs behind Braden where he went for 14. I just don't think we are running him right. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we should chuck it

Agree. We're feeding right into their defense. I know we can't go full air raid but we have not tried to test them outside with a speed RB. We have not seen any of Miller and only a few times we have seen Kam Martin. I just feel like we're not using any of our skill players the right way right now.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

NO just no! Sean White cannot sling it like Stidham. This is not on him. He is doing everything he should. NOT forcing throws that are not there and extending the plays giving the WR's more chances to get open. He is being smart with the ball rather than risking a turnover.

He has underthrown every long ball

1 minute ago, selias said:

Ok, I lied...I can't stay completely away. You people do realize this is a 1pt game against the #3 defending national champions at their house? Slow your roll and let the game played out. Clemson had 1....ONE, good drive. Could we lose? Possibly, but there's 30 more minutes to go and our defense is playing pretty darned well.

Game is not trending in our direction. We had a lot go our way first half and we did not capitalize. 

Archived