***AU vs. Clemson -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Actually nope.  Unlike most on this board actually graduated from Auburn and was on the sidelines for many games.  Don't like to see the school I spent 4 years at struggle.  Not a sunshine pumper.  But far from a pessimist.  

You haven't convinced me that you're not a pessimist.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

running game is never a issue under gus and I have zero belief to be that it ever will. But man the guy has trouble running a pass first offense in the sec. Was tulsa competition just that easy? Because here it is like Gus is from the Paul Johnson coaching tree or something with his inability to manufacture a passing game but a master with the run game.

looks to me like he is master of nothing...run game has dried up... Lindseys pass schemes are woeful or our personnel is terrible...

the play calling is trash and no one on the wr other than hastings will catch a cold. JS holds on to the ball too long and runs out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing it away. Our offense is a joke. We dominated the half  and got a turn over inside the 15 of clemson and came away with 3 instead of 7. Something needs to change and i dont care if its gus or the offense but 2nd half need to show something. its pathetic. Clemson is a great defense, not tryin to take anything away from them but my 2 year old could stop this o

Just now, mikeholiday said:

Not a troll. Just frustrated. Obviously. 

Seems unless you're a sunshine pumper people think of you as a troll.  I don't think a QB change is the answer.  I think we will see the coaches we have if any adjustments are made.  But I don't like Stidhams development under CL so far. 

1 minute ago, AUJedi said:

Is it Gus or Kodi( which is still Gus responsibility) or is it playcalling that they can't get open? 

Good question I don't know but past two games they haven't got the job done. I love the way our defense plays I wish the offense played with same intensity. 

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Not pointing out a fall guy, just observing what is going on with the WRs.  He happens to be the WR coach.  Whatever is going on the WRs seem to be struggling getting open

The passing game was struggling before Kodi got here. There has been one constant. 

The Clemson coachs are not capable bc they only drove 1 time. We drove multiple time... so our offensive coaches are greater..... 

yall girls wake up and realize both defensive units are pure beast and this is a football game. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

You do know he's banged up...right? 

If that is the case, why don't they give Martin a chance?  He had success last week running the ball

2 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Not pointing out a fall guy, just observing what is going on with the WRs.  He happens to be the WR coach.  Whatever is going on the WRs seem to be struggling getting open

WRs have always struggled to get open with Gus as head coach. Remember Coates and Ricardo basically insinuated they were not properly developed when they got to the NFL. Now I will admit they were very flawed and had their own issues when it came to catching the ball.

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

Pettway is doing fine -- we can ride him to victory but ONLY if we run him the right way

Pettway isn't getting his normal chunk yards. He's having a decent game but we're still in 3rd and long even with him. We're not going to wear their defense down with just pounding Pettway. That's what they want at this point b/c they've been able to contain him. We have no vertical passing game to speak of right now. Just running Pettway isn't going to win us this game. 

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Guys these are 2 evenly matched teams. Should have gotten at least 1 TD instead of the fgs but ultimately I'm happy with the 1st half. Clemsons opening drive in the 3rd will be a key to this game. We will get ours in the deep game and I expect up to tighten up on their go routes.

^^This^^

Game is much closer than I expected it to be.  If our defense can keep us in the game, I like our chances.

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Guys these are 2 evenly matched teams. Should have gotten at least 1 TD instead of the fgs but ultimately I'm happy with the 1st half. Clemsons opening drive in the 3rd will be a key to this game. We will get ours in the deep game and I expect up to tighten up on their go routes.

^This is an excellent post. ^

The score is 7-6 AT Clemson a top 5 team in the nation. Their WR's got a couple good catches and our O hasn't been great. Calm the frick down guys. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

You do know he's banged up...right? 

Obviously? I just meant he's still our best player and we need to play through him but not 3 straight runs up the middle one drive and then not run him at all the next drive.

Our coach is an idiot.

How do you call two time outs on our first series?

How do you not have known what you were gonna do on 4th and short?

How do you as an offensive guru not have any more imagination on first and goal?

Killing me.

1 minute ago, 1913-14 said:

looks to me like he is master of nothing...run game has dried up... Lindseys pass schemes are woeful or our personnel is terrible...

Well I do not expect him to run over clemson like we did Arky last year but yah it does not look ideal this game.

It's only a one-point game but under Gus when our offense has been sputtering just getting one score has felt like trying to get six touchdowns

Seriously, Stidham looks like Sean White last year. This is beyond disappointing.

4 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

Is it Gus or Kodi( which is still Gus responsibility) or is it playcalling that they can't get open? 

our schemes look bad... that's a play design issue

Archived