Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WAIT IS THIS REAL?!?!?! did KJ really say that??? HOLY hell Gus has officially lost this team.

Oh God!!! JJ or someone better grow a pair now and nip in the bud or here we go 2012 again!!! 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I suppose it's only fair.  Gus got LSU's coach fired last year so they decided to return the favor.

Gus deserves it much more than Les did too.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No he's not.  The defense was on the field all damn day after the first quarter.  One of the TDs was stupid special teams.  This was on the offense and Gus's bullheaded play calling.

Absolutely correct.  It’s suppose to be a team sport, you need the offense to make first downs so the defense can have some rest.  This didn’t happen in the second half.  If Gus was more agressive in the first half, we could have actually played some backups.  Gus wilts when faced with stiff competition.

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Gus deserves it much more than Les did too.

I’ve often thought (in the HC way) LSU actually won that game last year. 

SCOTT FROST!!! 

I know he’ll probably go for Nebraska but if he leaves my knights he better come to my Tigers

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We aren't losing to Arkansas.  They are high school bad.  We may lose to A&M.

Our offense is worse than theirs.

This whole conversation really should be ridiculous.  It should be.  Auburn just lost a close game at LSU, and lost a close game on the road against #2.  Auburn still controls its destiny in the West.

Gus Malzahn might be the only man coaching college football that could successfully make this conversation anything other than ridiculous.  In that regard, he has succeeded brilliantly.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No he's not.  The defense was on the field all damn day after the first quarter.  One of the TDs was stupid special teams.  This was on the offense and Gus's bullheaded play calling.

end of the day the game was lost on a special teams play.....and a 3rd and 1 that we did not convert. Bitter loss but life and good football continues. Doubt that anyone will be fired soon.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We aren't losing to Arkansas.  They are high school bad.  We may lose to A&M.

I don't know at this point with the play calling especially at an away game with a desperate team and coach.  

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’ve often thought (in the HC way) LSU actually won that game last year. 

When I heard that Miles was fired, my first thought was "Wow, that is how far we have declined, losing to Auburn in Jordan-Hare gets you fired midseason."

2 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I would get all giddy if they hired a guy  with no coaching experience. 

I think payton manning would demand excellence.

I can't explain why I feel giddy at the thought of this.  Maybe I really like out-of-the-box thinking, since I try to be, myself.  Or maybe I am just tired enough to be ready for change...any change.  I don't fear anything interim.  That could be considered stupid except under these circumstances.  

The solid impression that I have these days is...no matter WHO we play (because the "cupcakes" aren't even a given) are we going to win....can we hold onto the lead?  There is little to enjoy about winning or losing...and it's not a "message board poisoning".  It's the schizophrenic nature of the results...which, in psychological terms, creates instability in ripple effect.  

1 hour ago, Brannigan said:

Gus was bound and determined to prove his Nicky Mouse offense work.  He proved he needs to coach at Arkansas Baptist. He cannot see the flaw in his offense of throw it deep does not always work. Still no hot routes. Still playing the walk on kicker in the SEC. He is a clown

Please don't wish him on the Baptist. He just needs to go back to Arkcansaw.....

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

end of the day the game was lost on a special teams play.....and a 3rd and 1 that we did not convert. Bitter loss but life and good football continues. Doubt that anyone will be fired soon.

No, this game was lost on a stupid coach who cannot stop with his stubborn, predictable tendencies when he has a 20-0 lead.  Even with all those plays on special teams and defense, it shouldn't have mattered because we would have scored 45 points.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Our offense is worse than theirs.

That's the frustrating thing. We came out of the gate roaring. Our play calling was varied, balanced and unpredictable. We were getting the ball into play maker's hands, and as a result creating running lanes. 

Then we stopped all that, lost all of our momentum and rhythm and s*** the bed.  

Why after we were up 17-0 did we stop passing, why did the wildcat become the only play we ran for what seems like 10 plays in a row? I just dont get it. You HAD to get up by 30 on them. You could see LSU was still fighting

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

So, sorta like LSU?

Yeah. Talent not the issue. They've proven that when called properly it is very effective. It blatantly obvious when a game turns to alt play calling. We all saw the change. Don't for the life of me understand how it's not seen by the coaches (or coach).

Looks like Auburn may become the CFB equivalent of the Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl meme.

"Don't let this distract you from the fact that Auburn blew a 20 pt lead."

I can see it now.

1 minute ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Yeah. Talent not the issue. They've proven that when called properly it is very effective. It blatantly obvious when a game turns to alt play calling. We all saw the change. Don't for the life of me understand how it's not seen by the coaches (or coach).

I guarantee the other coaches see it.  There is one reason things don't change. If it was an assistant screwing up the HC would fix it or get rid of them.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, this game was lost on a stupid coach who cannot stop with his stubborn, predictable tendencies when he has a 20-0 lead.  Even with all those plays on special teams and defense, it shouldn't have mattered because we would have scored 45 points.

Outta likes but "like" 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Emphasis added.  Gus even looks stupid on the sidelines. I've said it before and I'll say it again, FSU broke him.  Tre scored too fast, FSU came back and won, and Gus has been autistic at best ever since.

Archived