Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And given what we have just been raked over the coals for with the women's softball program, we're about the last school on earth who should be giving Briles his next shot at coaching.

Probably true. But if you think Malzahn isn't fully aware of all that is going on and is turning his head on some things you are naive.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Probably true. But if you think Malzahn isn't fully aware of all that is going on and is turning his head on some things you are naive.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Gus is not turning his head on sexual assault and rape.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Gus is not turning his head on sexual assault and rape.  

Was anyone convicted of rape or sexual assault? In any event  I'm not going to turn the thread into an argument about it. I threw out a herring for comment. Got it. Enough.

8 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Um, how about covering up the rape of various girls by his football players?

And you think Pearl was completely in the dark on what was going on with Person?

2 minutes ago, War Knight said:

To add more fuel to the flame

Top 10 teams were 182-0 against unranked teams when up by 20 points

Well we stopped that streak. Now I wonder how long our streak of running on first down will last:angry:

Was anyone convicted of rape or sexual assault?

Yes.  

Tevin Elliott was convicted of sexual assault in 2014 and is serving 20 years in prison.  

Sam Ukwuachu was convicted of sexual assault but it was overturned earlier this year and he's awaiting a new trial.

Shawn Oakman is awaiting trial for sexual assault now.

Rami Hammad was arrested for sexual assault and stalking.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

And you think Pearl was completely in the dark on what was going on with Person?

Are you done making false equivalencies?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Are you done making false equivalencies?

I'm done responding to ANY of your posts. I should know better by now. I slap myself in the face every time I do.

What Person did is nowhere near the level of allowing sexual assault to go on.  Person was just selfish trying to make extra $$$ for himself.  Shady, yes.  Deserved to be fired?  Yes.  On the same level as allowing football players to forcibly rape girls at frat parties? Hell no.

I am not talking a he said she said "we were both drunk" type of a thing either.  I am talking about dudes picking up girls, throwing them over their shoulders and carrying them upstairs to rape them after they yell "No" repeatedly.  I am talking about players helping coeds move their furniture and then forcibly picking them up, carrying them to the bedroom  and raping them.

After reading about the Briles situation, I don't want that guy anywhere near AU.  And I am not one who cares about a coach's morality.  I want a guy who wants to win.  But I am not willing to overlook a coach who allows his players to get away with rape or other serious crimes.  

Just now, AcUmen said:

What Person did is nowhere near the level of allowing sexual assault to go on.  Person was just selfish trying to make extra $$$ for himself.  Shady, yes.  Deserved to be fired?  Yes.  On the same level as allowing football players to forcibly rape girls at frat parties? Hell no.

I am not talking a he said she said "we were both drunk" type of a thing either.  I am talking about dudes picking up girls, throwing them over their shoulders and carrying them upstairs to rape them after they yell "No" repeatedly.  I am talking about players helping coeds move their furniture and then forcibly picking them up, carrying them to the bedroom  and raping them.

After reading about the Briles situation, I don't want that guy anywhere near AU.  And I am not one who cares about a coach's morality.  I want a guy who wants to win.  But I am not willing to overlook a coach who allows his players to get away with rape or other serious crimes.  

I agree, I didn't know anyone was actually convicted in the Baylor case and there are so many false accusations going on these days

19 hours ago, doc4aday said:

This is what could and likely will happen:

1. We lose to TAMU

2. We lose to Arky.

3. Lose to UGA

4. Lose to bammer

We struggle to win the lone no conference game. We fire Gus......We fire Gus. I would have rather lost 49-6 today than the way it happened. As far as I am concerned, the season is over......yes over.....stick a fork in the dead bird and go play a round of golf and lose 500 golf balls in the process.

Do not let Jacobs hire another FB coach ever. Go after a proven winner.  I like Mark Richt ........TCU Patterson......After all is said and done.....yes there still is a God and this will remain constant no matter how hard I prayed for him to help us to win that game.

Heck, even Les Miles is available. Then again........I do like the guy at Purdue.......PJ Fleck is one coach we should look at. If we lose the rest of our games or even 3 out of the 4 SEC then Gus must pack up his stubborn kit and hit the road. Go back to Arkansas and coach HS football again.

Sad thing is, this could actually happen!!! #FireGusNOW

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm done responding to ANY of your posts. I should know better by now. I slap myself in the face every time I do.

Translation:  I can't handle having my bad logic and terrible comparisons pointed out, so I'll blame you for it and stop talking.

Got it.

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Bet the PTBs meeting at the Hotel & Conference Center right now.

They need to. If they care about the Auburn faithful then then they'll fire him this week. 

While I would rather take care of it this week, I could see something happening after next week being we have a bye week following.  I think getting it done now will give the players and remaining coaches an opportunity to make a statement to build upon during the bye week. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

While I would rather take care of it this week, I could see something happening after next week being we have a bye week following.  I think getting it done now will give the players and remaining coaches an opportunity to make a statement to build upon during the bye week. 

It's not happening man....As much as we want it to happen...It's just not 

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

What press release at 2:00 pm?

Titan called for heads to roll. Titan = EF Hutton...."people listen". I just assumed there would be some asses fired this morning.

21 hours ago, jmcrosson said:

Serious question here guys - do we honestly have any hope that they will fire his ass before Monday? Interested to hear honest opinions. 

21 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Absolutely not. With all the turmoil going on in the athletic dept (basketball and recent softball debacle),no way Jacobs pulls the trigger. 

Any chance Jacobs fires Gus as preemptive strike?  It would gain favor with those that want him gone and create situation where he couldn’t be fired because you can’t hire a new coach with vacant AD spot.   I guess I’m so beat down I am grasping 

5 minutes ago, Tigerpaul53 said:

Any chance Jacobs fires Gus as preemptive strike?  It would gain favor with those that want him gone and create situation where he couldn’t be fired because you can’t hire a new coach with vacant AD spot.   I guess I’m so beat down I am grasping 

Interesting...

20 minutes ago, Tigerpaul53 said:

Jacobs is as good as gone.  But, you can't fire Gus until you fire Jay.  A new AD will want to hire his own guy and not inherit a coach that they had no say in.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jacobs is as good as gone.  But, you can't fire Gus until you fire Jay.  A new AD will want to hire his own guy and not inherit a coach that they had no say in.

That’s what a logical university does.  But we are likely to JABA the heck out of this.... and given Jacobs’ desperation ....

The day after this total collapse of a game we should have won is not any better. I hate to be so upset, but this one really hurt more than I thought it would. It is like one idiot coach being outcoached by another idiot coach. I see Ole Miss beating Lsu and doing it with a lot more ease than we did in giving the game away yesterday. I see Lsu losing to OM, bammer, TAMU and maybe even Arky. This will not result in firing of Coach O this season, but he will be on a very hot seat in 2018.

As for Gus.......if, and I mean if he can pull it back together and beat Arky, TAMU and either Uga or the turds, he will be back for 2018. Beat the turds in addition to the other 3 games, then he deserves to be back. If he goes 7-5, he is done and out of here. Heck, look for Arky to make a move to hire him!

Archived