next Head Coach

Eagle-1

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Venables has zero HC experience, zero!  Sorry, I'd rather keep the "HC in training" we've had for the past 5 yrs than to start all over training another one, using millions upon million of AU dollars to train on the freaking job.

My God almighty, can't Auburn University do better? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I'm laughing my ass off at the Lane Kiffin option.  Auburn fans pointed fingers, sneered, laughed, and projected total doom and damnation on UAT the moment Nick Saban hired that powder keg as his OC......And now folks want him as our HC?  :dead:

Yeah...and UAT got even better with him didn’t they?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Doeren is even interviewed I will be pissed. May as well keep Gus if he's on our short list. He is just as incompetent when it comes to managing a game and he actually devotes his time to being a HC rather than a coordinator collecting HC paychecks. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The guy has never been a college head coach. His resume' is 21 years as an assistant. I think in any of life's situations, if you are going to make a major change, be as certain as possible that you are "trading up". It's 100% uncertain what Venables's capacity as a head coach might be.

I'd agree with that. I also don't believe at this moment Auburn is capable of getting what many would want. Plus, I kinda don't care lol. It just doesn't impact my life that greatly now.

Why I'm in the I'd rather not spend 20 million to dump, buyout, and then more on the commit group.

I use to work with guy that played for Venable's and heard nothing but good things though.

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

This is just stupid. All of these guys win. And Mullen does it with about half of Auburn’s resources.

Isn't Mullen the holder of the worst record all time against the AP at like 2-15 though?

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Isn't Mullen the holder of the worst record all time against the AP at like 2-15 though?

Is that better, worse, or the same as previous Miss St coaches? 

He isn't exactly fighting top 25 fire with top 25 fire though. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Is that better, worse, or the same as previous Miss St coaches? 

He isn't exactly fighting top 25 fire with top 25 fire though. 

From the way I read it it is worse than any coach, at any school, during the AP period. So worse than all previous Miss St coaches.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/auburn-loss-gives-dan-mullen-worst-record-vs-ap-ranked-team-time/

11 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I am not sure what his overall record against ranked teams is, but Mississippi State took down three top 10 teams (in a row) in 2014 alone.

51 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I'd agree with that. I also don't believe at this moment Auburn is capable of getting what many would want. Plus, I kinda don't care lol. It just doesn't impact my life that greatly now.

Why I'm in the I'd rather not spend 20 million to dump, buyout, and then more on the commit group.

I use to work with guy that played for Venable's and heard nothing but good things though.

lol O here we go again. You do not care? You are posting on a Auburn message board how you do not care? You care. People who do not care do not have over 5k posts on a message board.

41 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

From the way I read it it is worse than any coach, at any school, during the AP period. So worse than all previous Miss St coaches.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/auburn-loss-gives-dan-mullen-worst-record-vs-ap-ranked-team-time/

It's his record in games where both teams are ranked. Both wins were in 2014 and Auburn is one of those two wins :angry:

23 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

You said that Strong took UL to levels they had never achieved “equaled but not bettered” which I don’t believe to be true. Secondly, many believe Strong is suited well to thrive at smaller schools  such as a USF/UL (at that time due to conference) but would get eaten alive at bigger schools in the SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 etc. Also plenty of good coaches at smaller schools that weren’t very good at major D1 programs, that doesn’t say they aren’t good coaches, that just means they are good in their own right, just not at the major D1 level

I get that you don't believe my opinion true, and that's fine. And I'm hearing people say Strong fits better under less spotlight. At the same time, Texas is at least as dysfunctional as Auburn is.

Which might be the best argument against my point.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol O here we go again. You do not care? You are posting on a Auburn message board how you do not care? You care. People who do not care do not have over 5k posts on a message board.

Ya... O here we again.... someone that doesn't fall into my line of thinking so let me go police them vs have a discussion. What exactly does Auburn Football Message Board Police make these days? Do you get a badge that's shaped like Aubie with little lighting bolts on both sides? Is there a reeducation program? Will I be gassed for having fun with my aTm friends I'm going to the game with if we lose tomorrow?

No.. I don't care if we win a billion championships. My primary concern for going to a football game is fun and entertainment now.

I do care if the University wastes money it can use elsewhere though for other student athletes, or lessen the cost on the normal student body that is put into the athletic department. Like the following from 2015:

>>Auburn collected $4.384 million in student fees, while Alabama collected nothing. Essentially, Auburn students are directly subsidizing the athletic department. Alabama hasn't charged student fees for athletics for seven consecutive years. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/why_auburn_athletics_is_spendi.html

So in regards to the Athletic Director and the issues going on with the Athletic Department I do care. I also care when it impacts the academic side of the university.

This board has been around for a long time and there are several other very active parts of this board where one can build a post count. Change of thoughts, beliefs, and priorities does happen over time also.

1 hour ago, ertrader said:

It's his record in games where both teams are ranked. Both wins were in 2014 and Auburn is one of those two wins :angry:

Cool, thanks for the correction.

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya... O here we again.... someone that doesn't fall into my line of thinking so let me go police them vs have a discussion. What exactly does Auburn Football Message Board Police make these days? Do you get a badge that's shaped like Aubie with little lighting bolts on both sides? Is there a reeducation program? Will I be gassed for having fun with my aTm friends I'm going to the game with if we lose tomorrow?

No.. I don't care if we win a billion championships. My primary concern for going to a football game is fun and entertainment now.

I do care if the University wastes money it can use elsewhere though for other student athletes, or lessen the cost on the normal student body that is put into the athletic department. Like the following from 2015:

So in regards to the Athletic Director and the issues going on with the Athletic Department I do care. I also care when it impacts the academic side of the university.

This board has been around for a long time and there are several other very active parts of this board where one can build a post count. Change of thoughts, beliefs, and priorities does happen over time also.

So basically you do care 

12 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

losing is not fun. winning is fun. so you are having fun losing to our rivals more than we win lately? interesting.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

So basically you do care 

For the university.. yes.

About being the next Alabama and if we fire or keep Gus this year... no. I'd prefer not to spend unless we get a sure upgrade, but it honestly isn't going to do anything to me or my life whichever way they go.

34 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I get that you don't believe my opinion true, and that's fine. And I'm hearing people say Strong fits better under less spotlight. At the same time, Texas is at least as dysfunctional as Auburn is.

Which might be the best argument against my point.

Btw I was never trying to sound brash, etc. Just healthy debate

53 minutes ago, WinningTradition said:

Do you think the new AD will get rid of Gus?

No. Won’t want the first thing to be firing a coach. Plus if it drags out to June, there is no reason to get rid of him. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

losing is not fun. winning is fun. so you are having fun losing to our rivals more than we win lately? interesting.

Well, it doesn't look like many people from Auburn are having fun when they do win either right now. This is based on what I have seen on this board and my attendance at the Mercer game.

I hate to lose, but it isn't me losing. It's a group of 18-22 year old's. It is my job to win the tailgate prior to the game, be the best supporter I can during the game, and win the parties after the game as far as I am concerned. That is where I am at now.

Like last year. I'm at a bar on a date with this girl that went to UCLA post Iron Bowl. Guy see's my hat, comes over and gives the Roll Tide, starts to say more and I cut him off by patting him on the shoulder, say good for him, and tell the bartender to hook him up with a Shiner. He gives the I don't drink with Aubies, and my date and a girl next to her call him a dick. He goes deer in headlights and slinks off.The other girl and her husband were Ohio State grads, we had some drinks with them, hit some other bars with them, then I had breakfast in bed with Ms. UCLA.

That is how I handle when Auburn loses to rivals now. I feel like I won. Beat the hell out of staying home and being mad or letting bama boy interrupt my life.

I'm going to have fun regardless of W/L on the field.

Matt Campbell is the man. I know he has a 9 million buyout or someone said he did. But....it would be $$$$ well spent. Also, Fuentes at VT, Fleck Minn. Jeff Brohm I think at Purdue. Richt would be nice as well. If Gus wins out then we are back to what we need to be.  The odds are not in his favor though. He could get another year regardless and this is something we have to deal with. No one on this board wants him to win more than I do, and if he can right his ship and win out then he deserves to be around another season to see if he can carry the torch forward.

This is not an easy situation no matter how you look at it. There are some solid coaches out there no doubt. The coach at Memphis has done nothing but win and he could get a look as well. Lets get past TAMU and see what happens. Auburn deserves to be right there with its counterparts UGA & bammer no doubt.  UT, LSU, UF think the same and UM, Arky want this as well. I see us in the top 5 group. Auburn must be a consistent 9-10 win team every season no doubt and to do this requires the right program top to bottom.

18 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Well, it doesn't look like many people from Auburn are having fun when they do win either right now. This is based on what I have seen on this board and my attendance at the Mercer game.

I hate to lose, but it isn't me losing. It's a group of 18-22 year old's. It is my job to win the tailgate prior to the game, be the best supporter I can during the game, and win the parties after the game as far as I am concerned. That is where I am at now.

Like last year. I'm at a bar on a date with this girl that went to UCLA post Iron Bowl. Guy see's my hat, comes over and gives the Roll Tide, starts to say more and I cut him off by patting him on the shoulder, say good for him, and tell the bartender to hook him up with a Shiner. He gives the I don't drink with Aubies, and my date and a girl next to her call him a dick. He goes deer in headlights and slinks off.The other girl and her husband were Ohio State grads, we had some drinks with them, hit some other bars with them, then I had breakfast in bed with Ms. UCLA.

That is how I handle when Auburn loses to rivals now. I feel like I won. Beat the hell out of staying home and being mad or letting bama boy interrupt my life.

I'm going to have fun regardless of W/L on the field.

The reason no one had fun at the Mercer game was because we beat a team we should’ve beat by 6+ TDs by just two.

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

The reason no one had fun at the Mercer game was because we beat a team we should’ve beat by 6+ TDs by just two.

I did. Had a great time spending the day on campus and remembering good times and seeing the new changes. I enjoyed being at the game. Was a great experience and exactly what I needed since the main reason for being in Auburn was to say goodbye to a woman I dearly loved and will miss. Life is too short to let 2 point victories ruin your day. Or you can, your life, just don't expect me to play along.

Archived