Auburn #14 in Initial CFP Rankings

djg0017

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some confusing rankings for sure but refreshing instead of looking at the AP and Coaches polls every week.

I will take our ranking.  Only 10 spots to go...

You gotta think  win vs GA is worth moving up 4 spots.   Then bama,. Another 4 spots..  So that could potentially get us to 6.   Then beat GA again,. That would move us ahead of them to 5,. Then need help.  

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

We are going to take down #1 UGA. I'm not convinced that they near as good as everyone thinks. We will see how their young QB handles laying on his back all day. 

I think the same could be said for Auburn. I haven't seen anything all season to suggest they can compete at the same level as a Georgia and Alabama.

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I think the same could be said for Auburn. I haven't seen anything all season to suggest they can compete at the same level as a Georgia and Alabama.

Just beat aTm.  

Dang.....Georgia jumped over bama....who would have ever thought that could happen?  :dunno:  And ND at 3.  ND and UGA both living off that game......and Clemson's best win is AU it seems.

Strange rankings.....

17 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

What are our common opponents with Georgia'?.....think the results were pretty much the same weren't they?  and outcomes of our Clemson game and their ND game were fairly similar.      Just wondering if the dawgs are capable of beating AU throwing the ball fewer than a dozen times which seems to be their approach this year.    

20 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Bama has the talent, but who have they beat? They had trouble with a&m. 

We are very capable of being down right horrible, but we are also very capable of beating anyone. It's put-up or shut-up month for Gustav. 

My strategy is for us not to play another game. Heck, we moved up 5 spots after a bye week!  We should be #1 in 3 weeks! haha

And we need to add a praying hands emoji. There are several posts on here that I could put some heavy prayer behind.

Well we have a chance. Not saying it will happen, but we definitely can control our destiny unless LSU wins out (they won't). If we win out (including SEC championship) id say we have a 95% chance of getting in. This should give our guys some good motivation coming back. Excited to see everybody healthy on defense again 

46 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Any other team in the nation have three of the top four on their schedule?

The sad thing is that it really won't matter if we can't beat any of them. A lot of teams can lose to the top 3 or 4 teams but how many can beat 2 of them? We shall see. 

Being the spouse of a Notre Dame fan, I've had to watch my fair share of Irish Football these past 8 years. 

The Georgia game for them was a big stage to start the season. But sense then, they have looked pretty dang good. I don't think Georgia beats them if the game was played later in the season. But Notre Dames schedule the rest of the season is wake forest, Miami, navy, and Stanford. 

But what has impressed me more with Notre Dame is Brain Kelly said the same things Gus has said. He turned over play calling. But, literally he has and it shows. They've got a good squad.

Both UGA and Bama have easier schedules remaining. So it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Dang.....Georgia jumped over bama....who would have ever thought that could happen?  :dunno:  And ND at 3.  ND and UGA both living off that game......and Clemson's best win is AU it seems.

Strange rankings.....

Wondering if you are joking. I'm not the only one who had UGA at #1. Actually, since Bama hasn't beat anyone of consequence, I had Bama at #4 behind Oklahoma and Ohio State.

As for Clemson, they have a win over a top-15 ranked VaTech team and (at the time) Louisville.

All this talk of Auburn making the playoff -- hahaha. Yes, Auburn is currently the highest ranked 2-loss team. But Auburn has, as yet, no signature win, whereas Iowa State has beat both Oklahoma and TCU. So I'm not sure why Auburn is ranked high than ISU. Let's be honest, Auburn has zero chance of making the playoff, but if Auburn wins out, could get a major bowl.

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If Auburn wins out, they're getting in the playoffs. Not as a #4 either 

Will not happen. Even if Auburn wins out, Bama would have only 1 loss. A 1-loss Bama would be taken over a 2-loss Auburn.

Of course, I'm not on the CFP Committee, so .......

Dang, there I go again. Not pumping pure sunshine. Dang it!

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

You gotta think  win vs GA is worth moving up 4 spots.   Then bama,. Another 4 spots..  So that could potentially get us to 6.   Then beat GA again,. That would move us ahead of them to 5,. Then need help.  

Before we start salivating over making the playoffs let's hope they are ready for the Aggies this weekend.

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

Will not happen. Even if Auburn wins out, Bama would have only 1 loss. A 1-loss Bama would be taken over a 2-loss Auburn.

Of course, I'm not on the CFP Committee, so .......

Dang, there I go again. Not pumping pure sunshine. Dang it!

You think they would take a one loss bama over the SEC champion and a team that beat UGA twice? Not happening. No one in the country would even come close to that kinda resumé

Archived