***Auburn vs. UCF -- PEACH BOWL -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

They are impressive at giving the qb a pocket. Qb is very good at moving out at the right time. We are good at neither. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you noticed we came out and scored two TDS then went back to trying to hold on and playing conservative. It’s in Gus’s blood I don’t think he will ever get over being afraid. Well guess we just bite the bullet for the next few years. Sexton laughing all the way to the bank. 

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

tempo

If you've watched Auburn play under Malzahn you would know that tempo is predicated on getting first downs.  We aren't going to ever run tempo when he have negative plays.

Just now, bmartin3228 said:

Herb hand excellent coach as well as recruiter . 

yeah...his Vandy and Penn St. lines gave up school record sacks... WE WANT J.B.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is just being conservative

are we really suprised? Gus is just not a aggressive coach anymore. He gets up 7 and starts calling plays like we are up 27. He gets so excited to go conservative he does it at the first chance he can.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

If it means winning 4 natties in very short order, I'm ok with it.

If you think Gus is going to win four national championship that is funny

9 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I see what you mean. Helmet to helmet should be a flag but the shoulder/ arm is what bothers me with the targeting call

An intentional shoulder to the side of the head can be just as dangerous as a helmet.

guys... as i’ve said many times before... our coaching on the offensive side of the ball is horrid.  from the offensive line, to the receivers and play-calling... it’s really really bad.

Just now, 1913-14 said:

yeah...his Vandy and Penn St. lines gave up school record sacks... WE WANT J.B.

I want jb grimes with jeff grimes recruiting ability. not 1 or the other.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't think the majority of this has been play calling. When our players don't hold or get beat by inferior defensive linemen, we go on touchdown drives. Just like the SEC Champ game, this is player execution. 

our offensive line has been suspect all year. Hand is not getting it done

If we're going to be predictable we might as well line up in a i-formation and run a dive, slant, power, sweep counter, play action

3 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Herb Hand needs to be left in the locker room after the game with a severance check.

I don't think he's that good of an OL coach but i must say that it's all on the OLine today; as in the players. They have executed to a large degree this year. I don't know why they have not shown up today.

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

Herb Hand needs to be left in the locker room after the game with a severance check.

Herb Hand can't block for them....  It's time to put the blame on the players. They have to go out there and block and execute.  They are the ones stinking up the field... We are having bad play calling.. 

Just now, 1913-14 said:

I hope we work hard with Malik in the offseason...Stidham...unreliable...

yah it is his fault his OL is flat out getting their ass WHOOPED by the 100 something ranked defense in the country.

Archived