OU’s offense

doug3020

They know how to use every skill player on the field and they just don’t turn around and hand off after every long play. Wouldn’t that be nice...?

5 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

They know how to use every skill player on the field and they just don’t turn around and hand off after every long play. Wouldn’t that be nice...?

If we did, it would do no good as long as Gustave has a headset!

13 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

f we did, it would do no good as long as Gustave has a headset!

it really has disheartened me to watch the same thing over and over....we are stuck with him and that makes me lose interest real quick

Just now, doverstutts said:

it really has disheartened me to watch the same thing over and over....we are stuck with him and that makes me lose interest real quick

And we're just stupid enough to sign him up for seven more years 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

And we're just stupid enough to sign him up for seven more years 

and pay 49 million dollars.....he was coaching for a job at the end of the season, and he did very well, now?....he is secure and the pressure is off and mediocrity is our future

I’ve watched a lot of OU football over the past 35 years and they are not predictable at all.  Nearly impossible to game plan for them.  Somebody send tapes to Chip and Gus!

7 minutes ago, Altima said:

i mean, could you imagine stidham with oklahoma’s play book?

Hate to say it, but he would need their coaching too. Hopefully, CCL can make me eat my words.

Just now, DAG said:

Hate to say it, but he would need their coaching too. Hopefully, CCL can make me eat my words.

1) that goes without saying...  

2) as long as gus is here, unfortunately, you’re gonna go hungry...

2 minutes ago, Altima said:

1) that goes without saying...  

2) as long as gus is here, unfortunately, you’re gonna go hungry...

I hate to say it but I wish Gus would stick with his bread and butter. Just get guys who can improvise and adequately throw. You will get some bust (Woody,JF3) but you also can get an NM or hopefully Cam impact. That makes his offense go. Stick with it.

Just now, DAG said:

I hate to say it but I wish Gus would stick with his bread and butter. Just get guys who can improvise and adequately throw. You will get some bust (Woody,JF3) but you also can get an NM or hopefully Cam impact. That makes his offense go. Stick with it.

You mean transfers? I'm in. 

Just now, jAUSon said:

You mean transfers? I'm in. 

Transfers who can improvise. I just don't know how well he can adapt to the JS and SW types. We can compete, but go over the top? I don't know. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Transfers who can improvise. I just don't know how well he can adapt to the JS and SW types. We can compete, but go over the top? I don't know. 

I think this was the year for that. So...

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Here is the issue I am hearing with this thought.  The Georgia and bamas are recruiting against our offense by telling recruits what will Auburn do for your future?  Where has a actual freshman Gus offensive player gone on to a successful career in the NFL.  On the defensive side of the ball it is harder to recruit against us.  An offense that trains for success at the next level is needed, period.  Last successful offensive lineman in the NFL, not pick?   Last successful RB in the NFL?  Last successful WR in the NFL?  Last successful TE in the NFL?  It is gonna be a recruiting reality with the new extension and it scares me.

Just now, jAUSon said:

I think this was the year for that. So...

I don't know what your talking about. JS is not the athletic QB that I feel Gus's offense needs. He potentially has it with MW. He potentially has it with our incoming studly recruit. I think he finally is recognizing what QB he wants now based on his recruiting.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Here is the issue I am hearing with this thought.  The Georgia and bamas are recruiting against our offense by telling recruits what will Auburn do for your future?  Where has a actual freshman Gus offensive player gone on to a successful career in the NFL.  On the defensive side of the ball it is harder to recruit against us.  An offense that trains for success at the next level is needed, period.  Last successful offensive lineman in the NFL, not pick?   Last successful RB in the NFL?  Last successful WR in the NFL?  Last successful TE in the NFL?  It is gonna be a recruiting reality with the new extension and it scares me.

That is fair questions... 

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Damn, when you sit down and look at the NFL angle not many teams have to negative recruit too much.  All top notch recruits and their parents have to do is look at our most recent history getting players to the pros. :sad2:

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't know what your talking about. JS is not the athletic QB that I feel Gus's offense needs. He potentially has it with MW. He potentially has it with our incoming studly recruit. I think he finally is recognizing what QB he wants now based on his recruiting.

What I was talking about: this was the year for us to get it done with a drop back qb. We we're agreeing, at least I thought. 

4 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Why can't OU find a D coordinator? Their D sucks. 

They had one in Venerables, then ran him off by bringing brother Stoops back after Arizona fired him.

• WarTiger changed the title to OU’s offense

Archived