Softball vs. Kentucky Game 3

Draper chops it to 3rd to end the inning.   Rivera gives Auburn another run with the solo homer to center.  Auburn leads 6-4 though 6.     Close it out

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Except the fact that the strikeout numbers are up based on number of innings pitched. 

Carlson
2016 - 131 IP 71 strikeouts
2017 - 206 IP 117 Strikeouts
2018 so far: 113 IP and 85 strikeouts

Martin
2016 - 116 IP 64 strikeouts
2017 - 155 IP 105 Strikeouts
2018 so far:  83 IP 69 strikeouts

That much difference? Didn't think there was so much change. Still wondering what the numbers will look like after the full season of SEC play. Last night Carlson got what, 6 in 12 innings?

Edit: Make that 5 in 12 innings.

kentucky gets 2 out.  sharp grounder to short, throw to McCrackin at 2nd to get the force. 2 outs.  Runners on 1st and 3rd. 

Bouncer back to Martin and throw to 1st in time.  and Auburn gets the win 6-4 and completes the 3 game sweep of Kentucky.    WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

OK.....got out of that problem and left a couple runners on base and swept the series....nicely done.

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Think I might consider Carlson right now.....or have a pretty quick hook for Martin.  UK has knocked her around a bit.

at that point, I was thinking of Swindle - new pitcher they haven't seen.  But all ended well.  Excellent weekend of play for the Tigers.  Enjoyed watching Kentucky play - very competitive team.  The UK - uat series next weekend will be interesting.  Go Wildcats.

Impressive sweep this weekend. With all close games, it was good to see us cleanup the defensive miscues we have had leading into the series.  We played solid defense all series and allowed for the big hit to come around and win the game. Great pitching this weekend and glad the long ball is working for us again. 

2 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

at that point, I was thinking of Swindle - new pitcher they haven't seen.  But all ended well.

Carlson...one they couldn't hit....or Swindle, one they had not seen....either way....they had Martin figured out...but ended well as you noted...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Carlson...one they couldn't hit....or Swindle, one they had not seen....either way....they had Martin figured out...but ended well as you noted...

They hit her hard the first outing as well. I was a little surprised to see Harris pulled so quickly

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I've just realized that Abbey Cheek didn't bat for UK today.  I missed the very top of the broadcast - did they say why?

They seemed to think it was because she is in a slump and not hitting.  It seems strange though since she is excellent at 3rd base.

Cheek played on defense, just didn't hit.  She was in the flex spot.

I realize this was a different game, but I just watched Nicole DeWitt of Florida hit a ball just like the one Dowell hit Friday night.  Hit the exact top of the wall, and bounced back in.  Walton says she's done it a number of times.

Saw Bruce Pearl as we were leaving the game Sunday. Gave him a high five. He seemed to be hunched and limping a bit. Hope his back isn't acting up on him again.

Archived