2019 5* CB Andrew Booth (Clemson)

1TexasTiger

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Who else didn't show up this weekend?

I put a link in the other thread where you asked that. There are several that should have been here if they are serious about Auburn. Look at the first post of the recruiting thread, targets are listed by position. There are some at most every position that we've put a lot of time and effort into and apparently that wasn't good enough to get them here for this event. We may still land a few of them, but guys not coming to this cannot be spun into a positive for Auburn.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw where he has a big announcement today at 12 ET...

only 4 hours away!

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Him not showing up for our BBQ thing made me start to think "he's not interested". There were a few other key targets that weren't here either. We currently have, in Nix and Pappoe, two commits that are as hard working and prestigious as we're ever likely to have in the same year. I guess we're testing the water on exactly how much difference that makes.

Well, from @ellitor's post above, it sounds like it can be the difference between us getting a serious look and not even being considered. 

In response to your subsequent post, though, you're right. It can't be spun into a positive for Auburn that we can land 2 alpha guys like this early and still not close on guys they gave us a leg up on. 

We'll see how we finish. We've been doomier and gloomier than this, even accounting for the accelerated timeline with the December signing date, and finished quite well. But it will be a bummer if all these hints of a special class from the analysts, coaches and recruits don't materialize. 

Well there are 4 CB’s up today for Booth, but they are VIP.  One of which is Keith, so.......the other is Marcelo and 2 are dawg writers.

9 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

...and you know Booth was part of the reason a lot of our guys were talking about a top-5 class. Other than (and I'm sure including) Haselwood, he's gotta be the top guy left on our board. 

Keith & Owen still predicting a top 5 class without Booth FWIW. Not sure I see it though.

16 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well there are 4 CB’s up today for Booth, but they are VIP.  One of which is Keith, so.......the other is Marcelo and 2 are dawg writers.

Clemson.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not going to happen. Won't be top 10. Top 15. 

It'll be a top 10 barring losing some guys we have committed & some we lead with. We project to 272-277 points & that's a top 7-10 class the last 5 years.

I can’t overstate my disappointment on this one.  I posted something months ago stating that I have adopted a “Missouri - Show Me” attitude with this staff.  With this miss, I don’t see any way we finish in the top 5.  IMO Gus dug a hole so deep over the last several years that it will be nearly impossible to work his way out of it.  The fastest way out will be winning, winning big and doing it consistently!

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

we are still fighting with MSU for a 4th or 5th place finish in the SEC West.

In what? Recruiting?

LoneGraveDove.gif

The only reason they are ahead in total points in this class is they have 4 more committed right now than us. In points per recruit, which matters more, we are a ways ahead of them. We are #2 in the West only behind Bama right now. Miss St is #5 in the West.

Boy! Missing on a recruit brings out some illogical posts.

If Booth does choose Clemson.  I have faith that our Defensive Back coaches can coach up our horrible 4 star players to compete with the mighty Tide, Dogs, and crack tigers.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

If Booth does choose Clemson.  I have faith that our Defensive Back coaches can coach up our horrible 4 star players to compete with the mighty Tide, Dogs, and crack tigers.  

Like it's such a bad thing for our staff to be coaching up a 5* to compete with the mighty Tide, Dogs, and crack tigers.  

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Like it's such a bad thing for our staff to be coaching up a 5* to compete with the mighty Tide, Dogs, and crack tigers.  

Not a bad thing.  Would actually be nice.  However Booth isn't the type player that pushes us over the top.  Maybe a win on the recruiting trail but as I mentioned a week or so ago in the Zion thread, Zion is probably more SEC ready then Booth.  Booth lacks top end speed.  I actually see him as a safety and probably a very good one.  

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This one can be moved to the rivals section. Clemson. 

If he does commit to Clemson today, do you believe it is a hard commit, or can we flip him with considerations we do well during the season?

Just now, corchjay said:

Not a bad thing.  Would actually be nice.  However Booth isn't the type player that pushes us over the top.  Maybe a win on the recruiting trail but as I mentioned a week or so ago in the Zion thread, Zion is probably more SEC ready then Booth.  Booth lacks top end speed.  I actually see him as a safety and probably a very good one.  

Per just about every coach, high school and college (including AU's staff) say that Booth is a elite player that will move the needle in the secondary. Now he "lacks" top end speed. Come on. 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

If he does commit to Clemson today, do you believe it is a hard commit, or can we flip him with considerations we do well during the season?

He gone!

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Per just about every coach, high school and college (including AU's staff) say that Booth is a elite player that will move the needle in the secondary. Now he "lacks" top end speed. Come on. 

This is from the Zion thread last week... so no I didn't just come to the opinion that Booth lacked top end speed after seeing he might be going to Clemson...

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In what? Recruiting?

LoneGraveDove.gif

The only reason they are ahead in total points in this class is they have 4 more committed right now than us. In points per recruit, which matters more, we are a ways ahead of them. We are #2 in the West only behind Bama right now. Miss St is #5 in the West.

Boy! Missing on a recruit brings out some illogical posts.

Illogical to you maybe but aligned with the facts as of right now. We aren’t catching Bama and TAMU this year, and need a strong close to catch LSU. That would put us fourth in the SEC West. 

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Illogical to you maybe but aligned with the facts as of right now. We aren’t catching Bama and TAMU this year, and need a strong close to catch LSU. That would put us fourth in the SEC West. 

We will finish higher then aTm and LSU in the final recruiting rankings.  We will not catch Bama or UGA but expected to finish 3rd in the conference in recruiting rankings.  

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We aren’t catching...TAMU this year

aTm is well with in reach depending on finish & how ratings are adjusted.

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

need a strong close to catch LSU

Actually they would need a strong close to hold us off if we hold serve & land who we lead with.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes but his words are truth. In today's day & age of football it's crazy to run your RB1s in college or the pro level as much as we did.

Fair enough.  I know we hashed all that out on the other # of carries thread previously.   

Archived