AU -Kentucky (SEC Tourney Game 1)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Kentucky wants this game.....

They’re going to have to carry that big donkey out on a stretcher. If he really threw 120+ just five days ago, this is getting pretty close to silly. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Sad that they'd risk a kid's future in baseball for one game. 

Wonder if they think they need this game to secure an NCAA spot?  I personally don't think so, but no idea what the coaches believe.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wonder if they think they need this game to secure an NCAA spot?  I personally don't think so, but no idea what the coaches believe.

The way their coach seemed to make an arse of himself earlier in the game ... he may just be an arse ... (don’t know anything about him)

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I still think it's poor judgement as a coach no matter what they think. As I've said before....the damage is cumulative and they are putting Hjelle' s future at risk. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I still think it's poor judgement as a coach no matter what they think. As I've said before....the damage is cumulative and they are putting Hjelle' s future at risk. 

Well D1baseball has them as a 3 seed and one of the last five in, so I can certainly understand them going for broke here.  Understand the concern about Hjelle's future, but coaches also have to do what's in the best interest of the other guys in the dugout too.  They deserve every opportunity to win and keep playing.  It's an unfortunate situation.

11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

100 is an arbitrary number.....from 20 years ago......   https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodgers-no-hitter-scott-stripling-sf-giants-pitch-limit-rookie-100-pitches-reason-why-040916

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Well D1baseball has them as a 3 seed and one of the last five in, so I can certainly understand them going for broke here.  Understand the concern about Hjelle's future, but coaches also have to do what's in the best interest of the other guys in the dugout too.  They deserve every opportunity to win and keep playing.  It's an unfortunate situation.

It's short sighted. He can't ride Hjelle like that all the way through the NCAA. That kid was spent. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Somebody sit on a fastball, please. 

Just find a gap.  That's all I ask.  In this park, that's more than enough.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

It's short sighted. He can't ride Hjelle like that all the way through the NCAA. That kid was spent. 

You must not have been watching him pitch.....he was as effective at the end of his time on the mound as when he began.  .   .

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I certainly see the merit of it but when you go well over that mark and you do it in a matter of 5 days that’s a lot. Especially since he’s a tall guy and that arm has to whip a lot more than a more avg height pitcher. I just don’t get it, but maybe they’ve found a way it works for him 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

You must not have been watching him pitch.....he was as effective at the end of his time on the mound as when he began.  .   .

I was watching him give it all he had. It will show up tonight. And in the next few days.

Archived