2019 4* OG William Putnam (Clemson)

ellitor

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE Miss!!!  We were desperate to get some positive news on the OL recruiting front.  I hope Gus has enough awareness to understand when he is fired next year that bringing back JBG will be in the top 5 reasons.  Nah, he will be too busy counting his millions!!!  JABA

This is a bad miss by Auburn. Offensive line recruiting is killing our team and program. Can we bring in Ryan Pugh or someone with some personality that can relate to recruits and parents?

43 minutes ago, CR said:

OL recruiting continues to be a total disaster.

Under Malzhan, YES! Pathetic! 

27 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Shoot Clemson , they have invested an unbelievable amount of money into football  facilities hard to compete - all things being equal.

Dabo vs Gus.  Not equal.   Go look at Clemson’s class so far.   Recruiting nationally to a little, rural town in SC that makes Auburn look like a metropolis.   Man, we need some “kick butt” HC leadership rather than “cold oatmeal” Gus.  

Unreal worst OL recruiting overall the last few years I've seen in a long long time for Auburn. It's to the point that the next few years could be scary bad. Guess we've become Grad. Tranfer U for OL

If you can't tell I'm pissed

It’s ooooookaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy guuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyysssssss, we have a coach with greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat chaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaacteeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

#Venables2019! (Yes I know he didn’t recruit him but if you don’t think he’d be a damn good recruiter...)

@augolf1716: This is why the worst thing that could happen next year is for Gus to do just well enough. A good season next year might actually do major damage to our program in the long run.

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

as much as we need him  we really need instant help  so GT or CC  route is more important right now. 

Can't build a dominant/cohesive line that way, unfortunately. 

Clemson Georgia and Alabama are all doing a great job recruiting OL. This is the major difference in our recruiting and theirs over the last few years. I think we do a pretty decent job in all the other positions but you need the big uglies to win Championships. 

Clemson Georgia and Alabama are all doing a great job recruiting OL. This is the major difference in our recruiting and theirs over the last few years. I think we do a pretty decent job in all the other positions but you need the big uglies to win Championships. 

This^^^^.......but add running back to that statement.

Thing that gets me is that there a lot of other schools besides AL, Georgia and Clemson that manage to have good o lines. People act like there is no other players but the ones they get. A good evaluater can find guys to fill the positions and then DEVELOP them. Should never be this low on talented o lineman. May not have guys ready out of high school but should have Juniors and Senior ready to go. If you get a great young guy then that is just gravy.

You build from the inside out...It all starts with the the OL.

As stated, Grimes may lead to his 'undoing'.  We have nothing to lose.  I would cut bait tomorrow.

3 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Big miss. No one really left on the OL 

Plenty left- just gotta find em.

Kamaar Bell

Dawand Jones

Isaiah Hoofkin

Howard Allen Jr.

^^^ All guys we have offered that are uncommitted. Still time to get em in...

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* OG William Putnam (Clemson)

Well the 49 million dollar man does it again. Gus lets another top OG slip away. This time, William Putnam signs with Clemson. For a long while, it looked like Auburn had a really good chance of signing Putnam. Putnam even said he talked Auburn. We only have 2 offensive linemen signed. Another bang up job Gus.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

It’s ooooookaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy guuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyysssssss, we have a coach with greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat chaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaacteeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

#Venables2019! (Yes I know he didn’t recruit him but if you don’t think he’d be a damn good recruiter...)

@augolf1716: This is why the worst thing that could happen next year is for Gus to do just well enough. A good season next year might actually do major damage to our program in the long run.

I got you fam. Here is a like. Not going to let Gus University fan Mike ruin a well thought out AND ACCURATE post. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 3:41 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Whatever happened here?

@War to the Eagle we couldn't seal the deal when we had the lead due to the subpar season & our HC job security being up in the air a good bit of the past couple of months.

Archived