2018 Fall Camp - Scrimmage 2

RunInRed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning: under is me complaining about the Wildcat

if it is successful whatever, but I just don’t understand why JG and MW aren’t taking the direct snaps for wildcat. Granted Cox has that background with direct snaps, especially from high school , but don’t both JG and MW give you the best of both worlds?

End: Me whining and crying like a prissy little girl.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

if it is successful whatever, but I just don’t understand why JG and MW aren’t taking the direct snaps for wildcat. Granted Cox has that background with direct snaps, especially from high school , but don’t both JG and MW give you the best of both worlds?

If it’s 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 and we need a few yards, I’d rather cox take it. 

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Cox and Boobie are the only ones the media was allowed to see. There are 2 others whom Gus won't name. Knowing how paranoid and outright dishonest Gus can be with the media, I'd be willing to bet that the mystery men are big factors. 

Also, one thing that Cox and Boobie give you that JG and MW might not is already being on the field. 

I'm guessing that we'll sub in a jumbo package for the goal line, and that might include JG and/or MW and/or whomever else those 2 mystery guys might be. Otherwise, we might put an emphasis on not substituting and running it with who we've got. That was our tendency last year and the latter scenario is where Cox and Boobie might factor in. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Cox and Boobie are the only ones the media was allowed to see. There are 2 others whom Gus won't name. Knowing how paranoid and outright dishonest Gus can be with the media, I'd be willing to bet that the mystery men are big factors. 

Also, one thing that Cox and Boobie give you that JG and MW might not is already being on the field. 

I'm guessing that we'll sub in a jumbo package for the goal line, and that might include JG and/or MW and/or whomever else those 2 mystery guys might be. Otherwise, we might put an emphasis on not substituting and running it with who we've got. That was our tendency last year and the latter scenario is where Cox and Boobie might factor in. 

Okay, this post is BEGGING for jokes and snickers...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

We're renaming the Wildcat the Nude Beach, because we're going to be seeing a lot of... Whitlow and Chandler. 

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes...walked right into that one haha

48 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

CGM video ...

can anything be said to the auburn media folks to raise the audio level of the folks asking questions? i can hear gus fine but i have no clue on what questions are being asked and it is frustrating.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Alright, everybody get your picks in. SMDH

76989067.jpg

man i just ate kfc............lol

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

JMO but Willis can' be your WC QB. He's the most experienced QB on the roster besides Stidham and the guy we would have to turn to if Stidham gets hurt. You can't put your backup QB at risk like that. Plus, given the way we've employed the WC package in the past, I'm not sure Willis is a physical enough runner to run that package effectively. We've really used it in short yardage and RZ situations and have done a lot of between-the-tackles running out of the formation. IMO that fits Gatewood or Whitlow best because they both have the threat of the pass as well since both were QBs in HS. I do think Gatewood is one of the unnamed WC guys Gus referred to in his presser today.

43 minutes ago, looney said:

Googling Cox and Boobie.

Don't bother to pass on your findings (though I may also do a quick search)

ETA - Note to self (and listen to me this time!): read the thread.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You had me at "Cox and Boobie are the only ones the media was allowed to see".

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

man i just ate kfc............lol

Was it finger licking good??

Archived