2018 Fall Camp - Scrimmage 2

RunInRed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If it’s 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 and we need a few yards, I’d rather cox take it. 

Of course if Cox was one of the 11 the previous play. Going fast has to be part of it. These wildcat plays are not usually going for big gains but more to find a way to push down a few yards and protect the ball. Stopping pace to bring in a backup qb is better on 1st and 10

24 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Why dont we just call it our Topless Formation? I can hear Rod now, " Tigers going Topless on 3rd and 2..."

The game's in Atlanta.  If we're doing that, it's being called "The Clermont".

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

This

Ocean front? I might have to take him up on that offer...

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Hmmm. Cox and Boobie. And a JUMBO package?

Sounds like a nice Friday night if ya ask me!!!

4 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If it’s 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 and we need a few yards, I’d rather cox take it. 

If Gatewood has Cam size and stature it should be a lock you let him take it.  Cam was automatic within 2 yards. 

41 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

If Gatewood has Cam size and stature it should be a lock you let him take it.  Cam was automatic within 2 yards. 

Jeremy Johnson was almost Cam's size too, but couldn't be depended on to get you those tough three yards apparently. We also had, or still have I'm not sure, a walkon QB that is as big as Paul Bunyan, and apparently he can't do it either. Just saying. 

3 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

The WB (Wild Boobie) formation?

Maybe I’m being unrealistic, but I think we could really milk this formation all day/night. But that’s just me....

50 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Cam was Cam Newton. Still is.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

I agree with you. Gatewood wont be another JJ IMO. 

18 hours ago, RunInRed said:

-- "Huge focus" is improving kickoff coverage, which Auburn was very bad at last season.

One would hope so. The last time I checked, that was during the Georgia game, we were DEAD LAST in the entire NCAA in kickoff coverage. Also, 113th in punt coverage. We have too many athletes on the squad to be anywhere near those horrible levels.

Archived