Official Depth Chart is Out

Brad_ATX

49 minutes ago, corchjay said:

yes and the dupe against aTm was fantastic.  I trust him much more in this first game then anyone else until they get some reps other games

You mean A&M duped us with it, who we stole it from and used on Georgia. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

All I will say is the secondary better be ready come Saturday . I am feeling quick passes galore.

Agreed, smart strategy against a stacked front 7 is to get the ball out quick. They're going to make it incredibly difficult to touch Browning because he shouldn't have the ball any longer than 3 seconds. Any sacks are likely to be coverage sacks.

I do think we'll make them one dimensional quick though if we stuff the running lanes I think we can.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, smart strategy against a stacked front 7 is to get the ball out quick. They're going to make it incredibly difficult to touch Browning because he shouldn't have the ball any longer than 3 seconds. Any sacks are likely to be coverage sacks.

I do think we'll make them one dimensional quick though if we stuff the running lanes I think we can.

The only problem is I think they will probably choose to lean a lot more on the pass than the run. Why run into the belly of the beast? 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think we’re going to get a high dose of Gaskin in a multitude of different ways. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I think we’re going to get a high dose of Gaskin in a multitude of different ways. 

We do struggle with running backs coming out of the backfield  

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I do need to comment on my man crush making the top two! Smoke Monday and a lot of the Freshmen cracking the two deep is surprising but encouraging. Special class of kids. 

My take on the bold print is that it bodes very well for the long-term future, not necessarily for Saturday.  But, regardless, it is a great class.

Auburn is going to shut down the Huskies. I wouldn't call it a hunch, I'm just trying to look at it objectively. 

I see an experienced and stout defensive line for Auburn, experienced linebackers, and experienced secondary. The only guy I'm concerned about in the secondary is Noah Iggy, and he might be the best out of all of them. Not worried about Davis or Deen, Daniel Thomas is much better than he ever gets any credit for (he's a terrific open field tackler) and Jeremiah Dinson is solid. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that if we show a pulse on offense, we'll win this one fairly easily. Browning has been good against PAC 12 defenses, and not so good against OOC opponents. I can see a good game for a bit, but I think we've got too much talent/experience/speed to overpower them. 

Again, call me crazy, because I know some are completely unsure and have labeled this one as a push, but I see a lot of pluses for AU is this game.

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Auburn is going to shut down the Huskies. I wouldn't call it a hunch, I'm just trying to look at it objectively. 

I see an experienced and stout defensive line for Auburn, experienced linebackers, and experienced secondary. The only guy I'm concerned about in the secondary is Noah Iggy, and he might be the best out of all of them. Not worried about Davis or Deen, Daniel Thomas is much better than he ever gets any credit for (he's a terrific open field tackler) and Jeremiah Dinson is solid. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that if we show a pulse on offense, we'll win this one fairly easily. Browning has been good against PAC 12 defenses, and not so good against OOC opponents. I can see a good game for a bit, but I think we've got too much talent/experience/speed to overpower them. 

Again, call me crazy, because I know some are completely unsure and have labeled this one as a push, but I see a lot of pluses for AU is this game.

:bow:

I'm right there with you brotha, I've felt good about this game all off-season.  The AU defense will shine, and with a seasoned QB/OC + the weapons they have....AU will out talent and over power the Huskies.  I really don't think Peterson will go the trickery route in this game and he won't out scheme us on offense because Gus knows a thing or two about trickeration and he will have Steele on his toes to defend that stuff quick.  

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Though I largely agree with you, I'm going to play devil's advocate for the other side. We didn't have a fantastic o-line last year and we lost a handful of seniors from that same group. The Huskies are typically known for an aggressive and effective front seven; so our new-ish o-line will be tested pretty early in the year. Outside of that, the statistics aren't in our favor. Gus hasn't been great against ranked opponents in game one and much less so away from home.

Their secondary will likely equal our receiver group. Our front seven should dramatically outmatch their OL. Our secondary is about equal to their receivers I would say. It's an insanely good matchup on paper.

22 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

You're crazy. And...

...you're crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Though I largely agree with you, I'm going to play devil's advocate for the other side. We didn't have a fantastic o-line last year and we lost a handful of seniors from that same group. The Huskies are typically known for an aggressive and effective front seven; so our new-ish o-line will be tested pretty early in the year. Outside of that, the statistics aren't in our favor. Gus hasn't been great against ranked opponents in game one and much less so away from home.

Their secondary will likely equal our receiver group. Our front seven should dramatically outmatch their OL. Our secondary is about equal to their receivers I would say. It's an insanely good matchup on paper.

We've been told over and over that Gus "learns from his mistakes", he's picked up the pace for the opener and has addressed the "negative plays" that have plagued AU in early season games.  Grimes back and that will result in better oline execution, those guys will know their job and play with a tougher mentality than in previous seasons.  So test them early and often and they will have a bulldog coach on their asses to push them even harder and he won't allow them to "loaf", take a play off, or stare around clueless because of poor ass communication from the sideline. 

It's time to adjust, evolve, and change these performances in early games - this coaching staff has to know that.  This is a prime time opportunity, head-to-head with two top 10 ranked teams.  It's now or never, it's time to prove Auburn is a contender and the days of crapping the bed, smearing it into the sheets, rolling around in it, and watching it drip down the sides of the bed are OVER!  Win this game and the nation will stand up and take notice.

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

All I will say is the secondary better be ready come Saturday . I am feeling quick passes galore.

Yep it's gonna be dink and dunk city especially to start the game. Gonna be annoying.

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I saw someone on twitter say our 2nd string D-line now is better than our 2014 D-line was. True story ?

DearCreativeAcouchi-max-1mb.gif

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Um, he's coached one game against a ranked opponent in game one.  It was against #2 (and eventual national champs) Clemson in JHS to open 2016.  You may want a bigger sample size.

Biggest shock?  No mention of Devan Barrett on that depth chart.  If I'm him and Malik Miller I'm looking at my transfer options ASAP.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Um, he's coached one game against a ranked opponent in game one.  It was against #2 (and eventual national champs) Clemson in JHS to open 2016.  You may want a bigger sample size.

nah....that would go against the narrative.    

Lots of coaches have "bad games" when they open against a #1 or #2 team.    I'm thinking of Jimbo last year and USCw the year before..... 

24 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Biggest shock?  No mention of Devan Barrett on that depth chart.  If I'm him and Malik Miller I'm looking at my transfer options ASAP.

Yep, Devan Barrett not in the 2 deep , surprise

1 hour ago, IndianTiger said:
1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Yep, Devan Barrett not in the 2 deep , surprise

Again, makes me reiterate my original question...

Is the roster shown a travel roster and Devin Barrett is not traveling?  ...or is it JUST a 2 deep but there will be more players available?

Used to be, teams only took part of their roster to away games.  Maybe in today's big $$ environment they're no longer limited?

...still would have expected to see Asa, Devin, Shivers, etc on the roster...

EDIT: @Brad_ATX answered my dumb question.

Note to self: Look at the special teams roster dummy!!!

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Again, makes me reiterate my original question...

Is the roster shown a travel roster and Devin Barrett is not traveling?  ...or is it JUST a 2 deep but there will be more players available?

Used to be, teams only took part of their roster to away games.  Maybe in today's big $$ environment they're no longer limited?

...still would have expected to see Asa, Devin, Shivers, etc on the roster...

Asa & Shivers are there.  Listed at KR, but I bet you'll see them on the field in some other capacity Saturday.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Asa & Shivers are there.  Listed at KR, but I bet you'll see them on the field in some other capacity Saturday.

DUH!!!

Thanks Brad.  Didn't even look at ST...

I fully expect this roster to change over the first few games. It always does. So those guys who didn't make it in the 2-deep will need to continue to work hard and they will get a chance. And Siposs has not ever played in an American football game, especially in the SEC. There is no way I'd throw him out there as a starter. Don't want him totally freaked out! haha

Archived