Nike chooses Kapaernick for Just Do It...

japantiger

Ex-CIA Dir. Brennan (Trump hater) and the Pres. of Iran of all people join in support of Nike's decision. Knight, Kapernick, Brennan and the Pres. of Iran. How could you not be a Nike supporter:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I sure am glad Auburn don't use them.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/04/colin-kaepernick-earns-support-from-strange-bedfellows-over-nike-ad.html

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Ex-CIA Dir. Brennan (Trump hater) and the Pres. of Iran of all people join in support of Nike's decision. Knight, Kapernick, Brennan and the Pres. of Iran. How could you not be a Nike supporter:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I sure am glad Auburn don't use them.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/04/colin-kaepernick-earns-support-from-strange-bedfellows-over-nike-ad.html

I love how anyone who criticizes Trump is automatically a "Trump hater."  Not a Trump criticizer mind you.  Not someone who simply expresses different views from Trump, or expresses problems or concerns with his behavior or decision making.  "Hater."  :rolleyes:

Also, given how the various white nationalists and Neo-Nazis have become vocal supporters of Trump, do you really want to play the "guilt by association" game?

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I love how anyone who criticizes Trump is automatically a "Trump hater."  Not a Trump criticizer mind you.  Not someone who simply expresses different views from Trump, or expresses problems or concerns with his behavior or decision making.  "Hater."  :rolleyes:

Also, given how the various white nationalists and Neo-Nazis have become vocal supporters of Trump, do you really want to play the "guilt by association" game?

Let’s see where Putin comes in on this. 

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Yeah, well that's because Tiger couldn't be satisfied with a supermodel at home and keep it in his pants.

A part of it was Tiger but their clubs were just plain bad. 

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

this pair not even one year old.....through with them

the New Balance lasted 12 years

IMG_0216 (1).JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

Dang….what are doing in them.....that's some rough treatment.   Think the Nikes are better suited from strutting around the school yard or neighborhood and letting people see the latest fashion. 

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

Holy s***. Somebody here just linked Paul Joseph Watson. :laugh:

Is that equivalent to a Louis Farrakhan?

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dang….what are doing in them.....that's some rough treatment.   Think the Nikes are better suited from strutting around the school yard or neighborhood and letting people see the latest fashion. 

Actually very little in the Nikes other than walk or ride a bike because never cared for them. I did yard work up at the family beach house for years in the NB. Kept them in an out building with the lawn mower. Wife would not allow me to duct tape them. 

21 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I like both Nike and Adidas more than under armor. Regardless of my political opinion,  the use of Kapernick as their guy won’t prevent me from buying the product if I like it. I use Brooks for running shoes anyway. 

I use Under Armour SpeedForm for running. Switched from Brooks. Both excellent. 

20 hours ago, AU64 said:

What I don't understand is why Nike decided to step into this quagmire?   

I can't imagine that some market study or focus group delivered some information that Kaper would attract new customers to the Nike brand or even retain those who already buy Nike's over priced goods.  

JMO but some higher level exec made this decision for personal /social reasons without much consideration for whether it was good for the company's stockholders or employees.   Likely it won't matter much in the way of sales....and Kaper will just get a nice check from Nike because someone wanted to give him the money.

35 Billion revenue. They can afford the game.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Something tells me Nike’s golf customers skew younger too. And they don’t care about this stuff nearly as much as Paw Paw does. 

But you should know their golf line sucks. IIWII.

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Is that equivalent to a Louis Farrakhan?

He's a pusher of absurd bull****, a la Alex Jones, whom he works for via Prison Planet.

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Actually very little in the Nikes other than walk or ride a bike because never cared for them. I did yard work up at the family beach house for years in the NB. Kept them in an out building with the lawn mower. Wife would not allow me to duct tape them. 

My only pair of Nike's have been relegated to lawn mowing. Everyday walkers are NB, golf shirts and the like are all UA. 

Just now, AUDub said:

He's a pusher of absurd bull****, a la Alex Jones, whom he works for via Prison Planet.

Like I said.............

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Like I said.............

Not quite getting why we're bringing up Farrakhan, whom I've made clear in the past that I view as little more than a pallette swap of David Duke. 

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

No I don’t. I imagine Nike does. Which is why when you look at their portfolio of athletes they promote for endorsements, there ain’t a whole lot of 50 year old buttoned down white guys. It’s marketed to athletes and outside of baseball among the three major sports, it’s predominantly black guys. 

If their apparent target market wasn’t spending dollars on the gear, they wouldn’t be the target market.

It would be zero 50 year old white guys, period. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Still amazes me that people are so divided on this that they buy shoes or not based on butt hurt. 

You do know that some buy on quality right? Of course you do. Never mind.. 

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

white nationalists and Neo-Nazis have become vocal supporters of Trump

.00001 equates to nearly nothing. Just a math lesson. Carry on.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Will be interesting to see how many of the MAGA hat wearing redneck bammers choose to burn their game-official Nike-made Bama jerseys.

That would be zero IMO.

Archived