2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

E  the recent posts on BBQ thread and recruits you have added with comments on where we are in the recruiting process makes me feel a good bit better about D-Line. I know coach G always seems to come through late but I always worry till I see some positive recruiting news. Still worried about DB but you have given me a little hope there.

Thanks for all you do.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where does Damarjhe Lewis and Andy Boykin stand with us? 

they were committed then de-committed, and Lewis appears to be uninterested? 

thanks 

11 minutes ago, Roos said:

Where does Damarjhe Lewis and Andy Boykin stand with us? 

Great question. Neither may be a retake yet.

12 minutes ago, Roos said:

Lewis appears to be uninterested?

Lewis gave an interview a couple weeks ago & appeared very interested.

McKinley Jackson, who visited Thursday, & Nazir Stackhouse are higher on the staff's board.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:05 AM, ellitor said:

Great question. Neither may be a retake yet.

Lewis gave an interview a couple weeks ago & appeared very interested.

McKinley Jackson, who visited Thursday, & Nazir Stackhouse are higher on the staff's board.

I've got to think Garner will find a way to reel in a couple big names on the DL. Seems to do it every single year.

Saw where the dawgs landed a 5* rb yesterday. Does that help us at all with Bigsby?

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Saw where the dawgs landed a 5* rb yesterday. Does that help us at all with Bigsby?

As discussed in his thread, nope.

I'm not sure. I know Georgia is selling Tank hard on being part of a 2 RB class, but who knows if he is buying?  

26 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'm not sure. I know Georgia is selling Tank hard on being part of a 2 RB class, but who knows if he is buying?  

All info available right now says Georgia getting another running back in the class is not a deterrent to Tank. We’re gonna have to beat them straight up to land him.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

All info available right now says Georgia getting another running back in the class is not a deterrent to Tank. We’re gonna have to beat them straight up to land him.

IMG_1946.GIF

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

We’re gonna have to beat them straight up to land him.

giphy.gif

images.jpeg.jpg

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

giphy.gif

images.jpeg.jpg

Y'all know that's straight up in college football recruiting right? Every team plays it.

I am not dissing on any recruit for this class. And I know the coaching staff are doing the best they can.

But I'm disappointed in the overall class so far. AU is falling further behind Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, and A&M.

Gus is going to have to have a GREAT SEASON this year in order to get back on track with recruiting next year.

Okay, everybody pile on and do yer hate thing.

6 minutes ago, AURex said:

No need to pile on if you know the take is so bad it invites that type of response.

30 minutes ago, AURex said:

I am not dissing on any recruit for this class. And I know the coaching staff are doing the best they can.

But I'm disappointed in the overall class so far. AU is falling further behind Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, and A&M.

Gus is going to have to have a GREAT SEASON this year in order to get back on track with recruiting next year.

Florida!? Cousin Eddie is about as good of a recruiter as avery Johnson was as a coach! Lol

59 minutes ago, AURex said:

You're constant negabarning when you come to the recruiting forum with no real tangible idea of what's going on or the current landscape has gotten beyond old & tiresome. You're actually the one who's doing the hating, & mindlessly so.

On rating per recruit, which is more important than total score (which again, is the only thing you seem to look at) AU is 10th in the nation, A good ways ahead of Florida & right behind Texas A&M with a strong chance to improve. Falling behind Bama, UGA, & LSU in raw talent? Sure, Behind Florida & Texas A&M? Nope! As for UGA, they may be setting themselves up for a trap. They are recruiting nationally & are leaving it's talent rich state open to teams like AU. The high school coaches in Georgia are not happy. Kirby better win a championship soon or he is going to start hurting himself in-state.

A great season this year can help us have a strong class this year. On uncommitted prospects we currently lead for:

4* TE Jeremiah Pegues
4* DE Andy Boykin
4* Juco CBs Marco Domio & Brian George
4* high school CBs Ethan Pouncey & Kendall Dennis
4* Safety/Nickel Ladarius Tennison

And are no worse than the top 2 for

4* RBs Tank Bigsby (very close to being a 5*) & Lawrence Toafili
4* DT McKinley Jackson
4* Bucks Phillip Webb & BJ Ojulari
4* S Chris Thompson

A top 10 in this class is very doable & a top 5 is doable also if we hit on all our big targets & get some expected ratings bumps.

3 hours ago, AURex said:

I don't understand this take at all.   Gus has molded a staff and atmosphere that is conducive to attracting top notch athletes and people. How many teams have 4 potential early round NFL draft choices who choose to stay for 1 more season?  How huge was that for the upcoming season?  I couldn't be happier with this class so far.  Chill, it's not an exact science. You don't really come in 7th or 10th in recruiting. You get your grade a few years out on the field.  No doubt Clemson and Alabama are still killing it.  So what, we can compete with anyone with the guys we are getting. Right now, it comes down to Gatewood or Nix being who we hope they are.  We have talent everywhere. 

12 hours ago, AURex said:

This is the kind of unifying and galvanizing bulletin board material this forum needed. 

You've fallen on your sword honorably, soldier. 

This recruiting class is going to be Ausome. The problem is worring what other teams are doing while diminishing the great talent we have already committed. Every year we mean and cry about this or that but we end up top 10 other than last year when we finished 12. We have amazing talent coming in this year. We will address all of our needs, OLine and Dbacks, when all is said and done. War Eagle and as always IGTBAAT!!

With the way Gus has handcuffed himself by NOT winning consistently and not having as many high draft choices as he should, I'm amazed he's able to pull the talent he's getting.  He's overachieving on the recruiting trail, IMO, and if anything needs to be fixed it's recruiting a more even distribution of positions year by year so we don't need to take 7 OL or 4 LB in one class just to survive.

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

With the way Gus has handcuffed himself by NOT winning consistently and not having as many high draft choices as he should, I'm amazed he's able to pull the talent he's getting.  He's overachieving on the recruiting trail, IMO, and if anything needs to be fixed it's recruiting a more even distribution of positions year by year so we don't need to take 7 OL or 4 LB in one class just to survive.

Indeed! Now we just  need Gus to overachieve on the football field this year and next to keep the momentum going and for him to keep his job.

Yep, everyone jump on me.

Let me know when Gus  has a better recruiting class than Bama, UGA, LSU, UF. Let me know when he lands a top tier OL prospect, even ONE, which is without doubt the highest priority of our recruiting class. And let me know when people on this board start posting accolades about "WOW, Gus can really coach em up!"

It ain't happening. Gus band wagon? Nope!

And for those who say that I've been critical about recruiting in the past, I'll just point at our W-L record. Let me know when I'm wrong.

13 hours ago, AUDevil said:

IMO, and if anything needs to be fixed it's recruiting a more even distribution of positions year by year so we don't need to take 7 OL or 4 LB in one class just to survive.

That’s not just Auburn thing every team goes through something like that sooner or later. Sometimes you’re going to have to focus on one position more than some others

Archived