THE DEMO-GOGUES on Parade, II

Tigermike

THE DEMO-GOGUES

From the name-calling files: "I've been called worse things than a liberal. The reason the Republicans call names is because they have nothing to say about balancing the budget, creating jobs or doing anything about health care or education." -- Howard Dean **When did "liberal" become a pejorative?

This just in -- The Election was last November: "The real crisis facing America is not Social Security. It's health care, it's Medicare, Medicaid, and that's why I'm pushing so hard to get 11 million children who have no health insurance at all, to get them covered. ... And I know where I stand, and unfortunately we know where the president stands. He wants a tax cut for millionaires. I want to cover children." -- John Kerry, who can't find his way off the campaign trail

Politically Challenged: "The public is beginning to sense a whiff of extremism in the Republican leadership in the House and the Senate. If it continues, it could prove very detrimental to them and good for us." -- Chuck Schumer

The Politics of Life: "[T]he culture of life is coming up against the culture of greed, which says tax cuts for people making millions of dollars are much more important than adequate payment of Medicare, for the people [who] would take care of anyone in Terri Schiavo's situation." -- Rep. Barney Frank **Who's politicizing this again?

Still blowing hard: "It's more important to help families pay for college and help all Americans be equipped for the jobs in the global economy than it is to maintain corporate tax loopholes." -- Ted Kennedy **"Helping families pay for college" is exactly why tuition is so high!

This week's "Ignarus Perpetuus" Award: "I don't believe in blue states or red states. I believe in purple states -- and some are more purple than others." --

Howard Dean **Howard needs to check out the election map!

http://federalistpatriot.us/pub/05-13_Chronicle.htm

Archived