Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The LeBron rants were a big part of it.  He just never stops beating his opinion to death. 

Also btw this is not the usual sour grapes response when we miss on a kid BUT I MUCH rather miss on Kelly Bryant and take a crack at Khalil Tate. Dude is actually worthy of the hype that Kelly Bryants transfer is generating. He is a elite athlete. Kelly Bryant is not a gamechanger. He is meh to me. Would I rather have him than Malik Willis? Yes. But Kelly Bryant was average when surrounded by clemson talent. How do people think he would be at AU?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Also btw this is not the usual sour grapes response when we miss on a kid BUT I MUCH rather miss on Kelly Bryant and take a crack at Khalil Tate. Dude is actually worthy of the hype that Kelly Bryants transfer is generating. He is a elite athlete. Kelly Bryant is not a gamechanger. He is meh to me. Would I rather have him than Malik Willis? Yes. But Kelly Bryant was average when surrounded by clemson talent. How do people think he would be at AU?

Agreed, I just don't want Nix to get killed on the field next season.

Just now, auburnphan said:

Agreed, I just don't want Nix to get killed on the field next season.

If he just chills on the sideline till gus is gone and we get a REAL QB developer... that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaat. But if by miracle Freeze or Baby Briles did come I would totally be down for Bo to start. But yah if Bobby Bentley or Kodi Burns is the "OC"? Yah I hope Bo never sees the field next season.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Also btw this is not the usual sour grapes response when we miss on a kid BUT I MUCH rather miss on Kelly Bryant and take a crack at Khalil Tate. 

I agree that I’d take Tate over Bryant. Will be a Christmas Day Miracle if he signs with us though...

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he just chills on the sideline till gus is gone and we get a REAL QB developer... that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaat. But if by miracle Freeze or Baby Briles did come I would totally be down for Bo to start. But yah if Bobby Bentley or Kodi Burns is the "OC"? Yah I hope Bo never sees the field next season.

agreed

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bo is coming to develop Malzahn...   lol. Yep I cracked that joke. 

40 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Burn this whole mutter down.

Let's wait to see if Khalil Tate transfers & see if we can land him 1st.

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Welp if true... sorry Bo you’ll have more weight on your shoulders than fair. Just hope you can handle it well enough

If Tate transfers then...

tenor.gif?itemid=5140031

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yep. Bryan Matthews just said on The Drive  radio show with Bill Cameron that rivals is now gotten information that projects Kelly Bryant to pick Missouri tomorrow morning.

Deere lourde, Gus.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Would love to have him but won't be to AU.

I know. Just wondering what Yoda thought.

FWIW, I wouldn't want Hurts. Not a zone read QB. Inconsistent passer. Only true positive is he's an efficient north-south scrambler. Gus would have no idea what to do with him.

We know what Bryant is, which is a decent zone read QB, with a decent arm. He would fit our offense well.

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Still think we get Bryant. The fact that he cancelled his last visit and came here is extremely telling 

That was not Miami & it wasn't telling with all due respect. He was going to visit here anyway.

12 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Not a zone read QB. Inconsistent passer.

Have you seen him this year? He's been a damn good as a passer. Better than KB now IMO. He has great running power. May not be great for zone reads but could be damn good for the Ol' Cam power reads.

& yes @ValleyTiger I see das light.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Any chance this would mean Stidham didn't like his draft prospects and is leaning toward coming back for his senior year?

One can hope but BMatt followed up on the show saying 0 chance JS returns FWIW.

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’m not sure when you heard it, E, but I heard Matthews say he would be surprised if it wasn’t Auburn tomorrow on the drive- when did you hear him say it? 

:popcorn:

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Have you seen him this year? He's been a damn good as a passer. Better than KB now IMO. He has great running power. May not be great for zone reads but could be damn good for the Ol' Cam power reads.

When you have 3 NFL WRs, 1 NFL TE and Tyreek Hill Jr. to throw to...

Put the 2017 IB tape on ... bloody awful passer.

Nope, unlike 2010 Cam, he shies away from contact. Not a zone read QB. Gets his rushing yardage by scrambling into gaping holes.

14 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’m not sure when you heard it, E, but I heard Matthews say he would be surprised if it wasn’t Auburn tomorrow on the drive- when did you hear him say it? 

About 20 minutes before the show ended.

Archived