Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. We are done recruiting wide receivers.  He also isn’t  going to have any affect on how our running back recruiting ends. Besides no recruit is going to go to a school because of a guy who will only be there 1 season.

I would be surprised if KB coming to AU does not improve our chances of holding on to George who IMHO is not a done deal, simply b/c a veteran QB would throw to him for a year while the guy that will be throwing to him thereafter - e.g. Nix- gets his feet wet in non critical situations.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I would be surprised if KB coming to AU does not improve our chances of holding on to George who IMHO is not a done deal, simply b/c a veteran QB would throw to him for a year while the guy that will be throwing to him thereafter - e.g. Nix- gets his feet wet in non critical situations.

KB won't help with GP. Bo is the player that helps with GP.

6 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

This is why I love Bryant to AU. He’s a placeholder while we get Nix ready. Something tells me the other three we have just don’t have it. I could be wrong, but I feel like we would have heard more about Gatewood if he was really all that. 

Hasn’t Gatewood been injured this season? May be why we haven’t heard anything.

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hope to hear so good intel on the visit today.  Would be a huge pickup . Also an indicator on what Stidham will do . 

KB wouldn't have even OVed AU in the 1st place had he not already known or strongly been led to feel JS is leaving.

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Hasn’t Gatewood been injured this season? May be why we haven’t heard anything.

Early parts. Hasn't progressed well since he got healthy.

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This is why I love Bryant to AU. He’s a placeholder while we get Nix ready. Something tells me the other three we have just don’t have it. 

JABA 😂

I think it's fairly clear after reading the Al.com article that he's coming here. How many former Mizzou players talk about how much they like going back to Mizzou? Zero?

Bryant visits Auburn, will announce decision Tuesday

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Kelly Bryant took an official visit to Auburn this weekend, his last visit before he announces to which school he will transfer.

Bryant, the former Clemson quarterback, is scheduled to make the announcement on Tuesday after spending the past 48 hours in Auburn.

“It was a great visit, just being around the guys and sitting down and talking with Coach (Gus) Malzahn and all the coaches,” Bryant said. “I felt like I can take a lot from this visit."

Bryant spent during his visit with several Auburn players, including his player host, Kam Martin.

“They welcomed me with open arms,” Bryant said. “It seems I have known a bunch of those guys for a long time. Just the connections that I built here (during the visit), being able to play with those guys would be huge. I can tell they are hungry to play at a high level, compete at a high level and win at a high level."

Bryant was familiar with Auburn’s gameday atmosphere prior to his visit. It didn’t hurt that he didn’t get to see a game. He experienced it first-hand in 2016 when Clemson beat Auburn, 19-13, inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

“Auburn has been a program that I have been following since high school, and playing against them here, I already know what the game atmosphere is like,” Bryant said. “I know how big football is here.”

Bryant now will turn his focus to making his decision. He’s considering Auburn, Missouri, Mississippi State, Arkansas and North Carolina.

“Nobody has separated; I haven’t narrowed it down,” he said. “Everybody is still in it.The relationships with the coaching staff and players are important. And everybody says this is a one-year thing, and it is from an athletic standpoint, but this is a lifetime decision for me. I’m looking for somewhere that I can see myself coming back to, making a living and settling down.

“I’ll go back home and sit down with my family and make a pros and cons list. It will be hectic, but we’ll pray about it and go from there.”

Bryant will announce his decision on Tuesday.

“I don’t know what time but, I’m going to be in my bed when I announce,” Bryant said.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sorry but if coming back to and settling down is part of the deal I have a hard time imagining Arky and Moo St would be in the running

39 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Sorry but if coming back to and settling down is part of the deal I have a hard time imagining Arky and Moo St would be in the running

It's between AU & Mizzou. Both sides are confident.

He's ours IMO.  His comment about wanting to go to a place he can come back to after football and settling down is the deal maker for me.  He chose Clemson because of the family feel and I think he will choose us for the same reason.

Id be surprised if its not AU.  But then I said the same thing about AU losing to ut.

26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

More than likely, the fact that the coaches are after him hard means Stidham leaves early. 

Been stated countless times JS is leaving after this year. This wasn't needed as proof.

I know we all joke about the whole "JABA" bit - but wouldn't the epitome of that be if Kelly Bryant comes to AU and we make the playoff and he gets to face and beat Clemson?

And then we lose to whomever we play for the Championship.. cause you know, JABA. :-\

3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Northwest Arkansas is a much better place to live than Starkville lol. Morris has offered a position to Bryant somewhere on his coaching staff after his football career is over.

Couldn't blame him for avoiding the current mess of a roster at Arkansas though.

2 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Northwest Arkansas is a much better place to live than Starkville lol. Morris has offered a position to Bryant somewhere on his coaching staff after his football career is over.

Couldn't blame him for avoiding the current mess of a roster at Arkansas though.

Interesting about the coaching position but I would imagine Bryant would like to try to extend his career especially with the AFF out now

Can someone explain why we would want KB?  He is not a good runner. He averaged less than 4 ypc in his only full season in 2017 and actually has a slower 40 time than Jared Stidham. He is not a great passer either only managing 13 td passes and 7yds per pass attempt last year. You know who else had 13 td passes and 7yds per attempt?....JS this year. I just dont see the hype. Maybe people view him as a band aid but to me he's not even a good band aid. Why not give Malik Willis a shot? His legs are top notch and as far as the passing goes it seems that 2/3rd of our passes are screens anyways, can he not throw a screen pass?

40 minutes ago, AUwarrior said:

Can someone explain why we would want KB?  He is not a good runner. He averaged less than 4 ypc in his only full season in 2017 and actually has a slower 40 time than Jared Stidham. He is not a great passer either only managing 13 td passes and 7yds per pass attempt last year. You know who else had 13 td passes and 7yds per attempt?....JS this year. I just dont see the hype. Maybe people view him as a band aid but to me he's not even a good band aid. Why not give Malik Willis a shot? His legs are top notch and as far as the passing goes it seems that 2/3rd of our passes are screens anyways, can he not throw a screen pass?

Can’t explain it. Bryant is a good QB who can run but isn’t a speedster. I have no clue as to what CGM thinks.

39 minutes ago, AUwarrior said:

Can someone explain why we would want KB?

Because even though he isn't a great runner & thrower the staff still feels he gives the highest chance at success next season at the QB position.

42 minutes ago, AUwarrior said:

Why not give Malik Willis a shot?

He will get a shot but to this point the staff doesn't like the way he has progressed as a QB.

44 minutes ago, AUwarrior said:

can he not throw a screen pass?

His reads & reactions seem to be the staff's biggest concerns.

Archived