Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

Hurts will never play for Auburn. I don’t know why anyone would think he’d turn on his teammates, Saban or Alabama.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Hurts will never play for Auburn. I don’t know why anyone would think he’d turn on his teammates, Saban or Alabama.

Corey Grant. Plus he got benched. Came back won a huge game and if Tua is able he’ll be benched again. Auburn needs a qb and excels with one that can run. Not saying it’ll happen but plenty of reasons to justify it. 

Just now, alexava said:

Corey Grant

Corey wasn’t in the same zip code as Hurts has been at bammer. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Love to has have Hurts

He’s an elite running qb. Seems to have improved his passing a lot. Needs a system friendly to his skills. We are that system. 

Just now, alexava said:

He’s an elite running qb. Seems to have improved his passing a lot. Needs a system friendly to his skills. We are that system. 

Great guys like him should be at Auburn anyways. Easier to root for. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Hurts would never play at rival Auburn. He’s not going to do that to his teammates or current school. Has anyone been paying attention this weekend? 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

So scrambling north-south through gaping holes = elite running QB?

And how does that = Gus' system?

I seem to recall a simple defensive plan against him in the IB last season that forced him towards the sidelines, instead of up the middle where his lone ultra-positive production comes from, stymied him to a single TD, which was via a pushoff on a hail mary lob pass.

Oh but he's improved his passing against 4th quarter defenses down by 35 with NFL WRs that Tom Brady would give anything to have.

ht From Keith Niebuhr tweet:s://twitter.com/Keith247Sports/status/1069793196643926017

3 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

ht From Keith Niebuhr tweet:

A person close to QB transfer Kelly Bryant just told that Kelly will not be announcing his decision until 7 p.m. Tuesday. Wants to be sure he's making the right decision, so he's giving it a little more time. tps://twitter.com/Keith247Sports/status/1069793196643926017

This bodes well for AU . 

1 hour ago, bmartin3228 said:

what would be your guess on Tate deciding if he going to transfer or not ? 

Can't guess on something til a guy decides to transfer.

1 hour ago, bmartin3228 said:

Is there any connection with him and Auburn or is Auburn just trying to make one ?

No clue. Just know AU is very interested if he transfers.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This bodes well for AU . 

I definately think we are in the final three.  Don't think UNC or Miss. State are too much of a threat at this point.  Could be waiting to see if Gus makes an announcement tomorrow.  He may already know what Gus is going to do and the delay could mean something else.  Either way, think it is good for Auburn.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

He’s going to have to learn a new O in 2020 anyway. 

Yes but as we have already discussed countless times in many threads we don't want to put him in as a true frosh with a poor OL. The pounding he would take could shatter him for his entire AU career.  No point risking destroying a kid's psyche before he has a real chance to develop as a QB.

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Final two.

I would not rule out Arkansas or Missouri at this point.  I think he may be torn between ideas of Missouri due to the development of Drew Locke, the idea of being in Chad Morris's offense at Arkansas, and finally of putting up numbers like Marshall and Newton in the duel threat role of Auburn's offense.  Who really knows at this point, this is just my guess.

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

Corey Grant. Plus he got benched. Came back won a huge game and if Tua is able he’ll be benched again. Auburn needs a qb and excels with one that can run. Not saying it’ll happen but plenty of reasons to justify it. 

If Gus is a good coach he should not need a specific type of QB to succeed. He has only had a QB with wheels and ran that "system" 3 seasons. Cam and Nick Marshalls 2 years. The rest of his college coaching days he has had pass first guys. IDK why everyone thinks Gus is this running qb zone read guru. 

From 247Sports Tweet:

Mizzou and Auburn have the highest level of confidence from our experts

47 minutes ago, alexava said:

Massive difference between the 2. Corey was never a Bama legend.  If Hurts transferred to AU 70-80% of the state would have nothing to do with him after that. I don't mean in football terms either. I mean real life.

Just now, roe4christ said:

I would not rule out Arkansas or Missouri at this point.  I think he may be torn between ideas of Missouri due to the development of Drew Locke, the idea of being in Chad Morris's offense at Arkansas, and finally of putting up numbers like Marshall and Newton in the duel threat role of Auburn's offense.  Who really knows at this point, this is just my guess.

Arkansas is out. He would commit QB suicide with what they have coming back. Plus Storey returns which = a QB race he could lose. Mizzou and AU are open for auditions.

16 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This bodes well for AU . 

Can't hurt but may not help. Gus may need to have an OC in place for sure, even just privately.

9 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Arky has been no better than 3rd or 4th for weeks now.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK why everyone thinks Gus is this running qb zone read guru. 

Doesn't mean he is. But when you're trying to hit the proverbial home run at a transfer QB like Stidham two years ago, combined with Gus' tumultuous current status, you recruit whoever makes you most successful. Bryant has run the zone read with decent success. Gus has run it with National Championship success. Guess what Gus is selling Bryant?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Can't hurt but may not help. Gus may need to have an OC in place for sure, even just privately.

So do you think we get the news of Gus's OC intentions prior to Bryant's decision ellitor?

1 minute ago, roe4christ said:

So do you think we get the news of Gus's OC intentions prior to Bryant's decision ellitor?

I have no clue & I don't guess on such things without info.

Archived