Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Malzahns type of offense? Gus has shown time and time again he does not want to run that type of offense. He wants a Pocket Passer who is somewhat mobile. That is who he keeps recruiting.

I believe it's different this time around. Gus knows he's cornered. We all see it. Regardless if he's already out post-2019, he knows he has to audition for his next gig. Without Bryant, he's treading water with a 5-6 win team. Sure, at his next stop, he'll recruit pocket passers because there's simply more of them, but this season, he is cornered to bail himself out with a DT QB. IMO, if he loses Bryant, he might get canned mid to late season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I believe it's different this time around. Gus knows he's cornered. We all see it. Regardless if he's already out post-2019, he knows he has to audition for his next gig. Without Bryant, he's treading water with a 5-6 win team. Sure, at his next stop, he'll recruit pocket passers because there's simply more of them, but this season, he is cornered to bail himself out with a DT QB. IMO, if he loses Bryant, he might get canned mid to late season.

I tend to agree.  The only hope he has at this point is to get a DT qb and play to his strengths.  Whether he has an unexpected season next year at AU or if it helps him audition for his next job, he will want to put his best effort into 2019.

13 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You mean HCs let OCs run their offenses?

Yes. Some actually do. In this one Tate does not get along with Noel  So that’s why he’s considering transferring.

Tbh I see Bryant is Stidham 2.0. Now which version we get ( 17’ or 18’) I have no idea. Tate isn’t yet available but is the higher risk higher reward type of guy. We’ve seen what he can do but who’s to say he doesn’t get along with coaches here too? 

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Corey Grant. Plus he got benched. Came back won a huge game and if Tua is able he’ll be benched again. Auburn needs a qb and excels with one that can run. Not saying it’ll happen but plenty of reasons to justify it. 

After the championship game, I’ve been revealed to how much love Jalen has for Alabama. IDK what an Auburn man is but I know the parallel to that for UA is Jalen. 

17 minutes ago, AUTiger25 said:

Please excuse my laziness of not wanting to go through threads. Apologies. 😂

This is one of the downfalls of mergin like threads.  Not everyone has the time to spend hours upon days here.  So jumping into a thread sometimes gains you a reply like you got.  That being said,  merging threads (this one has not been merged) is definitely a good thing as it keeps the board pretty clean.  

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I know he is thinking it over but I still think he will choose another school if for no it her reason than he will not be guaranteed the starting job at AU. Mizzou has nobody. I am not saying our bench is loaded by any means but with Nix - that will give us 5 qbs if KB joins. That is competition he does not have at the other schools. 

Of our 4 guys (including Nix), which one would you be confident sending out there against Oregon as the starter? Which one would you feel comfortable with as QB2?

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Cole Kelley announced yesterday that he’s transferring from Arkansas. Perhaps he got word Bryant is coming to Arky?

You may be correct. I still think he will choose mizzou, but Ark may be in play now. I doubt he chooses Au. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Of our 4 guys (including Nix), which one would you be confident sending out there against Oregon as the starter? Which one would you feel comfortable with as QB2?

Well we have not seen any QB play any significant minutes other than Stid, right? I am pretty sure i know what Willis brings to the table, but I have no idea what Cord and Gate would look like in a live big-time national game. I think Nix will be the most talented of the crew (by far) but trotting him out there is really not a great idea. I can't think of many HS QBs that started the first snap of their college career. 

Right now I guess it would be Willis, and that does not bring a lot of confidence. But the future is very bright with Nix.

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well we have not seen any QB play any significant minutes other than Stid, right? I am pretty sure i know what Willis brings to the table, but I have no idea what Cord and Gate would look like in a live big-time national game. I think Nix will be the most talented of the crew (by far) but trotting him out there is really not a great idea. I can't think of many HS QBs that started the first snap of their college career. 

Right now I guess it would be Willis, and that does not bring a lot of confidence. But the future is very bright with Nix.

Agreed on all counts, except I might give Sandberg the nod over Willis. 

51 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Cole Kelley announced yesterday that he’s transferring from Arkansas. Perhaps he got word Bryant is coming to Arky?

Nope. Word is that won't effect KB's choice.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Word is that won't effect KB's choice.

I didn’t mean that Cole Kelley transferring would affect Bryant’s decision, rather Bryant coming to Arkansas is what prompted CK to announce yesterday that he’s transferring.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

This is one of the downfalls of mergin like threads.  Not everyone has the time to spend hours upon days here.  So jumping into a thread sometimes gains you a reply like you got.  That being said,  merging threads (this one has not been merged) is definitely a good thing as it keeps the board pretty clean.  

Kinda off topic, but this thread has been merged. I didn't start this thread. I posted the first two comments in the general recruiting thread. Not that it matters...

But I wouldn't mind if we missed Bryant if we actually plan on going all in for the eventual transfer of Tate. Tate is far superior to Bryant. I'd be perfectly fine if we went after Tate assuming he could play next season. But at the same time, I'd be fine with Bryant

Don’t be silly,  the common user or board member would rarely if ever research to see if a question in the moment has previously been answered.  The fact that you hate repeating yourself I would think makes it tough sledding on an open board such as this.   I give you props for sticking with it.  

Wasn't KB supposed to announce this morning? Since his announcement has been postponed until this evening @ 6:00, could Bryant be rethinking his decision today in light of  Chip's resignation and Cole Kelly's transfer?  Phone lines could be warm?

10 minutes ago, autan said:

Wasn't KB supposed to announce this morning? Since his announcement has been postponed until this evening @ 6:00, could Bryant be rethinking his decision today in light of  Chip's resignation and Cole Kelly's transfer?  Phone lines could be warm?

@ellitor

Archived