Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

16 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So Bryant is down to Auburn and Missouri? Dude must seriously love being a Tiger. 

Our mascot looks much better than theirs! Also, if he loves basketball, he has a dandy of a team in the orange and blue to watch!  If he likes horses and baseball then we are the clear choice!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

If KB wants to have any kind of chance to possibly win more games in a season then we are the obvious choice

Really? They were a game better overall this season & in the conference.

22 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We must have the upper hand at this point since we are the last visit. 

Not necessarily. As the visit started Mizzou had the lead.

6 hours ago, kwagoner said:

Who is he visiting with? Are coaches back in town?

Yes. All hands on deck for his OV.

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

We must have the upper hand at this point since we are the last visit. 

This . It plays a huge part . I predict AU . 

21 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This . It plays a huge part . I predict AU . 

I sure hope you're right.  I've been counting on it.

I know he wouldn't be available to play in the bowl game, but would he be allowed to be with the team during bowl practices, in any capacity?

21 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I sure hope you're right.  I've been counting on it.

I know he wouldn't be available to play in the bowl game, but would he be allowed to be with the team during bowl practices, in any capacity?

Only until the team leaves Auburn to go to wherever the bowl game is  which wouldn’t leave much time for him to hang out with the team if we’re in the Texas bowl on the 27th as predicted. The team will probably go down to Texas before Christmas and Kelly still has to finish his last semester at Clemson next month. 

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

My bad my friend!

@ellitor if Bryant does come to Auburn do you think that would have a positive impact on any recruits we may be in limbo on or possibly add a name we aren’t really in on?

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

@ellitor if Bryant does come to Auburn do you think that would have a positive impact on any recruits we may be in limbo on or possibly add a name we aren’t really in on?

No. We are done recruiting wide receivers.  He also isn’t  going to have any affect on how our running back recruiting ends. Besides no recruit is going to go to a school because of a guy who will only be there 1 season.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Someone posted Mizz lose a ton of experience on O (not just a QB) but I haven't verified this.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are done recruiting wide receivers.  

Wonderful maybe the coaches will finally turn their attention to the O line!

53 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Someone posted Mizz lose a ton of experience on O (not just a QB) but I haven't verified this.

Missouri's depth chart for week nine. looks like they've got a lot of skill players coming back. It looks like they have a couple of offensive linemen graduating.

https://www.rockmnation.com/2018/10/23/18013932/week-nine-depth-chart-football-2018

If I were Bryant, I would want to go somewhere where I feel like I could win a championship, and develop as a passer. 

While many believe it looks bleak for us to be good next year,  don’t be blind-sighted, we have a chance to be a championship team again. Offensive line is gelling well, running backs will be more experienced and more than likely, better next year. Some really good freshman receivers coming back, as well as a defense that will return a lot, especially if Marlon Davidson returns for his senior season, which I expect to happen. Auburn is probably a better pick to win the SEC than Missouri. 

In terms of developing as a passer, Missouri May edge Auburn here, but the knock on Lindsey is certainly not developing a passer per say, but rather a QB that can deliver under pressure. Lindsey actually seems to have done pretty well with Stidham in some passing respects. Missouri may have the small edge in this category, due to the recent success of Drew Lock,  but AU is not necessarily a bad decision for developing a passer. 

Overall, my gut tells me we get Bryant. I think he’s looking to be the top dog at a championship level team, and I don’t think he gets the championship level team at Missouri. 

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If I were Bryant, I would want to go somewhere where I feel like I could win a championship, and develop as a passer. 

While many believe it looks bleak for us to be good next year,  don’t be blind-sighted, we have a chance to be a championship team again. Offensive line is gelling well, running backs will be more experienced and more than likely, better next year. Some really good freshman receivers coming back, as well as a defense that will return a lot, especially if Marlon Davidson returns for his senior season, which I expect to happen. Auburn is probably a better pick to win the SEC than Missouri. 

In terms of developing as a passer, Missouri May edge Auburn here, but the knock on Lindsey is certainly not developing a passer per say, but rather a QB that can deliver under pressure. Lindsey actually seems to have done pretty well with Stidham in some passing respects. Missouri may have the small edge in this category, due to the recent success of Drew Lock,  but AU is not necessarily a bad decision for developing a passer. 

Overall, my gut tells me we get Bryant. I think he’s looking to be the top dog at a championship level team, and I don’t think he gets the championship level team at Missouri. 

I think you are correct. Mizzou is losing more players this year than we are and will have to start back over much like we were this year with our OL.  I hope we can get some graduate transfers on the OL and maybe a DL or LB as well. We are losing a lot of talent on the DL if Brown, Coe, and Davidson leave early. I look for Brown (99%) to leave early. There could be others as well leaving early. 2019 will be Gus' make or break it year. Bryant could be our salvation to a good season in 2019.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

If we don’t get Bryant, I want Jalen Hurts. I prefer JH anyway. 

Hurts isn’t going to play at Auburn. 

Archived