Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

41 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So Greene is a King without a country. If the Prez is going to make the calls for him then I would think he might not be long to Auburn.

President is only making calls on Gus because Gus is the Prez's mess. ADAG has control over everything else in the AD. If Gus stays through next season & has another subpar SEC season I think that will be enough time for Leath to then say, "ok ADAG. You make the call on him." Don't forget. ADAG has made an impact in other areas. Leath would have fired Pearl before last season ended had ADAG not interjected.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are a few things he needs to do If he does.

1.  He needs to relinquish control of his QBs. He needs to bring in a proven QB developer and not interfere with him.

2. He needs to understand that a football field is 53 1/3 yards wide and it really is okay to use ALL of it.

3. He needs to understand that defenses aren't static and he can adjust his plays and play calling accordingly.

4. He needs to understand that audibles are there to help get out if bad situations.

5. He needs to remember, it's okay to stay aggressive, it's okay to run  up the score a little, and it's okay to try and score going into half.

In other words, he'd need to re-learn how to call plays. 

He's starting to remind me of Charlie Weis. Except less interesting. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

President is only making calls on Gus because Gus is the Prez's mess. ADAG has control over everything else in the AD. If Gus stays through next season & has another subpar SEC season I think that will be enough time for Leath to then say, "ok ADAG. You make the call on him." Don't forget. ADAG has made an impact in other areas. Leath would have fired Pearl before last season had ADAG not interjected.

Well stated! 

didn't think we had a chance with him anyway. (Kingsbury) If Chip leaves I wonder who will come aboard? I think Freeze is off the table now.  Larry Fedora would be a nice choice.  He would likely cost a cool million though. Never a dull moment here.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

didn't think we had a chance with him anyway. (Kingsbury) If Chip leaves I wonder who will come aboard? I think Freeze is off the table now.  Larry Fedora would be a nice choice.  He would likely cost a cool million though. Never a dull moment here.

We weren’t talking Kingsberry to Auburn for OC Doc or the Auburn OC situation at all.  We were talking about how he may effect Kelly Bryant’s situation if KK went to UNC. It doesn’t matter who would be the Auburn OC anyway because Gus Will be controlling and running the offense  no matter who the OC is. 

Adding to the “to do” list for Gus if he stays: how about actually getting our boys ready and fired up to play a bowl game? That would be pretty nice. 

I rather have Khalil Tate. He would actually be a game changer and would give us real reason for optimism next season.

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I rather have Khalil Tate. He would actually be a game changer and would give us real reason for optimism next season.

What's the difference in the 2?

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What's the difference in the 2?

Tate is a freak athlete like our guy Nick Marshall. Kelly Bryant as a "runner" is way way overblown. He is a better runner than stidham sure but people overrate his ability to scramble. Tate is a  much better player and a lot more talented. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/khalil-tate-1.html Tate had 1.4k rushing yards and 12 touchdowns last season. He was nursing a bum wheel all season long. That is why his rushing numbers are down this season. BUT his passing stats skyrocked he threw for over 2.5k yards and 26 touchdowns.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/khalil-tate-1.html Tate had 1.4k rushing yards and 12 touchdowns last season. He was nursing a bum wheel all season long. That is why his rushing numbers are down this season. BUT his passing stats skyrocked he threw fro over 2.5k yards and 26 touchdowns.

Also heard his running stats were down because of  Sumlin coming in to coach. :dunno:

If we miss on KB there will be a thread on KT almost immediately.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

We weren’t talking Kingsberry to Auburn for OC Doc or the Auburn OC situation at all.  We were talking about how he may effect Kelly Bryant’s situation if KK went to UNC. It doesn’t matter who would be the Auburn OC anyway because Gus Will be controlling and running the offense  no matter who the OC is. 

Thanks!  Maybe the Good Lord will come to Gus in a vision and tell him he must let his OC call the game without any interference! This might be our only chance to make it happen!  What do you think your chances are of landing Bryant?

32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What do you think your chances are of landing Bryant?

I don't do chances. All I can say is Gus is pretty confident.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't do chances. All I can say is Gus is pretty confident.

He could be what we need to have a nice 2019 season.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

But...Gus

At some point we are going to have to want a good season next year,  regardless of who our coach is.  

I have loved AU football through every coach we have had dating back to when I was just learning about the game (Barfield to Dye).  I love the team and the spirit of AU, and that will not change. 

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

He could be what we need to have a nice 2019 season.

Look up a few posts. Khalil Tate may be better for us in 2019.

57 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Do we have a legitimate chance at Kalil Tate?

Yes if we don’t land Bryant.  Bryant is committing Tuesday and I’m not sure Tate has taken visits yet.

Archived