Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

Was Malzahn being allowed to stay contingent on getting a transfer DT? Lol.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, alexava said:

I was just being a smartass. 

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. You know I can't tell sometimes unless someone puts something in the post to make the sarcasm easy to see.

Lol. E,  I even got it.... and it was pretty dang funny.   

I do appreciate all you do for the board.  

Gus Malzahn meets once more with Clemson QB transfer

By Keith Niebuhr

On the day he is set to announce what his next stop will be, Clemson quarterback transfer Kelly Bryant hosted one more head coach back in his native state of Saouth Carolina.

According to sources, that coach was Auburn’s Gus Malzahn.

Malzahn was joined during this in-home visit by tight ends coach Larry Porter, who has taken an active role in Bryant’s recruitment, largely because the Tigers have no offensive coordinator or quarterbacks coach at this time. Bryant plans to reveal his choice at 6 p.m. CT via Twitter.

Auburn and Missouri are thought by our sources to be the favorites, with Arkansas, Mississippi State and North Carolina also in the mix. During the past week, most of the chatter has been about Missouri.

Auburn hosted Bryant on his fifth and final official visit last weekend.

Bryant, who left the Clemson program earlier this fall, passed for 3,338 yards at Clemson before losing his starting job earlier this season to Trevor Lawrence. In 2017, Bryant completed 65.8 percent of his passes for 2,802 yards, 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

He's a grad transfer -- and will have one season to play at his next stop.

He became a major target late in the fall. Malzahn has taken the lead role in Bryant's recruitment.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Every one likes you loof, You're good people.

He's everyone's REAL 2018 Auburn Man Crush.

PS: dibs! I called him first, all you other hussies keep your keyboards to yourselves

6 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

PS: dibs! I called him first, all you other hussies keep your keyboards to yourselves 

:blink:

Waiting to see if Gus is three for three. He’s one for one with his job. The last two are Hugh Freeze and KB.

At this point one for three would be pretty ugly.

32 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Image result for hey there gif

Just making deductions....

We were his last visit.   We now get the last in home visit.  That is strong evidence that AU is indeed the leader.  

Finally, if he postponed from am to 6pm with this in home scheduled, it seems like he is waiting to hear what he wants to hear from gus and Porter before making his decision.  Maybe new OC related?  I’m not sure.  But you’ve gotta like our chances at this point.  

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think the question was, "Did Gus get to keep his job only if he gets Bryant or another GT?"

Well as you & I know he sold Harbert hard on believing KB was the piece he needed to turn things around in 2019. With that said I think Gus is here through 2019 regardless.

30 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well one thing is for sure... Gus sure is trying. I wonder who he says the OC will be? 

I think Gus is begging him at the moment

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Huh?

I was just making a rhetorical joke that the terms of Malzahn not being fired right now was because of his plan to bring in a DT QB (Bryant, Tate). If he fails to bring them in,  he gets fired after all. 

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

We were his last visit.   We now get the last in home visit.  That is strong evidence that AU is indeed the leader.  

Not. necessarily. The logic I get from that is either Gus is desperate based on what I just posted above or he felt Mizzou still led after the AU OV.

8 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

But you’ve gotta like our chances at this point.

Buzz is still favoring Mizzou FWIW.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not. necessarily. The logic I get from that is either Gus is desperate based on what I just posted above or he felt Mizzou still led after the AU OV.

I agree. An in home visit the day of the announcement? Sounds much closer to me than I realized and seems Gus is trying to change Bryant's and his parents minds. 

As you said previously E, from everything that came out last week, it sounds like Gus used KB as the primary selling point for him not getting fired. If we don't get KB, does Gus bolt for another job?

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

I agree. An in home visit the day of the announcement? Sounds much closer to me than I realized and seems Gus is trying to change Bryant's and his parents minds. 

As you said previously E, from everything that came out last week, it sounds like Gus used KB as the primary selling point for him not getting fired. If we don't get KB, does Gus bolt for another job?

Agree on both points, doesn't look good for us IMO.

Archived