Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Just... Wow. When he opened his recruitment, I said we'd be fine with or without him. 
But the coaching staff really pulled all the stops to get him, plus the in-home visit... I don't want to necessarily say it's a slap in the face because it's certainly his prerogative where he wants to finish school at.

But Missouri? That stings...

I would have liked to have gotten KB. However, i think it is a good decision on his part. The reason he lost his job was due to his lack of passing abilities. Mizzou is going to allow him to work on that every game. Even if we got KB...i don't think he's a talent that would put us in the playoffs next year with the many questions we have. 

We saw this year that JS stock regarding the NFL sure didn't help him. At least at Mizzou...KB is going to be able to show if he is worthy of being considered a franchise QB in the NFL. I wouldn't trust my NFL future with Gus that's for sure. 

Look i bleed Orange and blue, but we had Nothing-- Nothing to offer him.  We are a dumpster fire and i hate admitting it.  The fact Gus kept going back to him and he lost him anyway shows that AU ------IF---- there was any stability had there QB.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Al.com had an article about Derek Dooley developing Drew Lock and that would be the reason for choosing Missouri. Wasn’t he pretty much already developed before Dooley arrived? 

Bryant is a little delusional if he thinks Dooley can develop his body of work to the next level. Oh well. Our ceiling with him wasn’t that high to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

To consistently miss on 4* prospects.   Explain it to me

We've landed many 4* QBs & not develop any of them except maybe Nick Marshall (who was a 3*) to some extent in the Gus era.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Should I feel bad for LOL-ing Gus? Asking for a friend...

ahahaaha no fam. I did the same thing. He totally deserves it. He basically groveled at Kelly Bryants feet this afternoon and KB was like NAH BRUH!!! SEEE YA!!! GOING TO GO PLAY FOR DEREK DOOLEY!

We've landed many 4* QBs & not develop any of them except maybe Nick Marshall to some extent in the Gus era.

Exactly.  His trackrecord is terrible.   Tubbs would have made first teamers out of them

We've landed many 4* QBs & not develop any of them except maybe Nick Marshall to some extent in the Gus era.

Nick Marshall didn't even really develop. He was just that good at running. NFL stuck him right at CB. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I would have liked to have gotten KB. However, i think it is a good decision on his part. The reason he lost his job was due to his lack of passing abilities. Mizzou is going to allow him to work on that every game. Even if we got KB...i don't think he's a talent that would put us in the playoffs next year with the many questions we have. 

We saw this year that JS stock regarding the NFL sure didn't help him. At least at Mizzou...KB is going to be able to show if he is worthy of being considered a franchise QB in the NFL. I wouldn't trust my NFL future with Gus that's for sure. 

That is what makes it embarrassing on Malzahns part. KB is honestly just a average QB and Gus cannot even convince him to come. He would of been the difference in maybe 5 wins to 6 or 7 wins but that is it. Did not move the needle that much. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nick Marshall didn't even really develop. He was just that good at running. NFL stuck him right at CB. 

Was feeling nice & gave the staff a little credit for developing Nick as an efficient passer.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

That is what makes it embarrassing on Malzahns part. KB is honestly just a average QB and Gus cannot even convince him to come. He would of been the difference in maybe 5 wins to 6 or 7 wins but that is it. Did not move the needle that much. 

Out of likes but i agree. I think KB would give us 2...maybe 3 more wins which is big so not trying to downplay him. Personally, i think Tate would be more of an impact than KB. Still, silence from Tate. I have not seen/heard much since Arizona's season ended but i was reading he and Sumlin were meeting a lot after the season so it seems like they're basically in his ear a lot that next year will be a lot better; basically recruiting him to stay. I have a feeling he's staying. 

I'm just glad it's over. Gus has fix the mess he's made on his own and he should. Going after KB that hard let's us know he has no trust/faith in the QB he has on the roster. How is that possible? I want to see Gatewood! 

Just now, ellitor said:

Was feeling nice & gave the staff a little credit for developing Nick as an efficient passer.

You're such a softy. This offensive staff doesn't deserve credit for anything but squandering away talent since 2014. They've done so many kids a disservice. I'm done with these fools. 

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn is no longer relevant in football.

If push comes to shove, is it necessary to have a football program next year? We could do concerts to help raise funds for an alternate gymnasium for volleyball and wbb. Only champions should step foot into Pearl’s Palace.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We've landed many 4* QBs & not develop any of them except maybe Nick Marshall (who was a 3*) to some extent in the Gus era.

Exactly!  Gus can not develop players at any position but QB is a major fail for him.  

As I said in another thread a few weeks ago. Gus has landed his last highly ranked QB unless their parents have Auburn diplomas on the living room wall. Even then it may be a toss up

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Should I feel bad for LOL-ing Gus? Asking for a friend...

The answer is an emphatic yes! Why would you even remotely celebrate Auburn losing a potential set piece to winning more games? I have all the respect for your input and dedication to the recruiting thread, E. But I like many posters feel this animosity and ill-will toward Gus Malzahn is bordering on anti-Auburn. I know you want what's best for Auburn and obviously we're not always going to see eye-to-eye but I don't see how this revelry in Gus' failings is at all helpful.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

ahahaaha no fam. I did the same thing. He totally deserves it. He basically groveled at Kelly Bryants feet this afternoon and KB was like NAH BRUH!!! SEEE YA!!! GOING TO GO PLAY FOR DEREK DOOLEY!

Why exactly does he deserve it? Did he hurt you in someway outside of the win/loss column?

I'll be totally honest with you G... I would expect something like this on Facebook from any number of my Bammer or Georgia friends. I understand being critical of Gus, I even understand not liking Gus. This kind of behavior does not exemplify the Auburn spirit. Perhaps you don't mean to come off as such, but we are better than that, and as Auburn fans I believe we should all hold one another accountable as such.

Auburn Overtime‏ @AuburnOvertime 3m3 minutes ago

Immediately following Kelly Bryant’s announcement Gus Malzahn locked himself in the bathroom stall at Waffle House. People on the scene reported hearing faint sobs and ugly words like “fiddle fart” and “crap” coming from the bathroom.

Hilarious!!!!

Auburn is no longer relevant as long as the president and AU boosters keep giving Malzahn another year here and another year there.

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

The answer is an emphatic yes! Why would you even remotely celebrate Auburn losing a potential set piece to winning more games? I have all the respect for your input and dedication to the recruiting thread, E. But I like many posters feel this animosity and ill-will toward Gus Malzahn is bordering on anti-Auburn. I know you want what's best for Auburn and obviously we're not always going to see eye-to-eye but I don't see how this revelry in Gus' failings is at all helpful.

Why exactly does he deserve it? Did he hurt you in someway outside of the win/loss column?

I'll be totally honest with you G... I would expect something like this on Facebook from any number of my Bammer or Georgia friends. I understand being critical of Gus, I even understand not liking Gus. This kind of behavior does not exemplify the Auburn spirit. Perhaps you don't mean to come off as such, but we are better than that, and as Auburn fans I believe we should all hold one another accountable as such.

:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You're such a softy. This offensive staff doesn't deserve credit for anything but squandering away talent since 2014. They've done so many kids a disservice. I'm done with these fools. 

Gus is looking pretty bad right now, no doubt... in all fairness even after KF, JJ and others left, who did develop them! Not even the Canadian football league or the arena football league. In some cases it’s not coaching, those guys just didn’t have it, above the high school level.

With all that said, this certainly looks like a downtime for Auburn football!

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Gus is hurting Auburn. And will continue to hurt Auburn as long as he is here. If you are Pro Gus then I have to question if you are Pro Auburn. Because Gus is not what is good or best for AU. I think 32 million will make him feel better than a few message board posters have negative views on him. 

Archived