Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we really shouldnt be the type of school that has to pin our hopes on 1 year transfer quarterbacks.  Auburn should be able to get some good talent.   i just dont understand why we cant do it. 

Just now, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Come on folks this kid doesn’t like competition, and Bo Nix will be your starter next year.

I don’t have a problem with Bo starting.....just worry about the coaching and play calling.

Just now, auskip07 said:

we really shouldnt be the type of school that has to pin our hopes on 1 year transfer quarterbacks.  Auburn should be able to get some good talent.   i just dont understand why we cant do it. 

Really?  You don't understand?  

1 minute ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Come on folks this kid doesn’t like competition, and Bo Nix will be your starter next year.

If Gus doesn't find a QB coach to develop Bo, he will be about as effective as anyone else Gus has coached that isn't a freaking athlete.

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

The talent is not the problem. It is the guy in charge of getting the most out of that talent.

1 minute ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Only game I've seen so far he looked horrible against Hoover. Get to see the 6a championship this weekend.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The talent is not the problem. It is the guy in charge of getting the most out of that talent.

agreed.  90% of him taking lesser money on a contract is not wanting to see another coach win big with what he has brought to the table. 

Just... Wow. When he opened his recruitment, I said we'd be fine with or without him. 
But the coaching staff really pulled all the stops to get him, plus the in-home visit... I don't want to necessarily say it's a slap in the face because it's certainly his prerogative where he wants to finish school at.

But Missouri? That stings...

Wow on the decision. He chose less exposure for better coaching I guess. Good for him but SEC-ALT here comes Bryant and Mizzou.

I think AU will be fine with one of the kids who chose to be here and not one who quit mid-season on his previous team. I respect Hurts more than Bryant. 

It is still great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

Just... Wow. When he opened his recruitment, I said we'd be fine with or without him. 
But the coaching staff really pulled all the stops to get him, plus the in-home visit... I don't want to necessarily say it's a slap in the face because it's certainly his prerogative where he wants to finish school at.

lol we just got beat out by Derek Dooley for a recruit!!!! OHHHHH Gus his failures continue to bring new lows. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Gus doesn't find a QB coach to develop Bo, he will be about as effective as anyone else Gus has coached that isn't a freaking athlete.

You don’t think his father has coached him and who better to teach him what it takes to compete in the SEC?

6 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Bo Nix will be your starter next year.

With this poor OL play?...I hope not for his psychie's sake.

I can't blame KB. He wants to be an NFL QB, so he needs to develop is throwing ability. Coming here and running the zone read until he's busted isnt going to do nothing for him.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Wow on the decision. He chose less exposure for better coaching I guess. Good for him but SEC-ALT here comes Bryant and Mizzou.

I think AU will be fine with one of the kids who chose to be here and not one who quit mid-season on his previous team. I respect Hurts more than Bryant. 

I agree. Time to move on. And, Yes it is great to be an Auburn Tiger.

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

It hurts Gus more than the University IMO. I think KB is very good, don't get me wrong, but the fact that Gus can't sell his offense to a guy that would be perfect for it is a problem. Mizzou is telling KB that he can be the next Lock and they get get him to the NFL. That is what KB wants to hear. He also has NO competition at Mizzou. We are bringing in a 5 star HS QB. That did not go so well for him at Clemson this year.

But, like I said, it hurts Gus' image. Pleading and then losing to Mizzou is pretty rough. 

4 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

We have no room to talk. I think we set a record for 11 am games this season.

• ellitor changed the title to Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With this poor OL play?...I hope not for his psychie's sake.

Well... Nix will be the best QB on the roster. What other choice will we have? Willis? The 25 year old? I guess we can RS Nix and wait for a good coach (after Gus is fired next year). Knowing Gus he will play him 1 play in 5 games. 

7 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

You don’t think his father has coached him and who better to teach him what it takes to compete in the SEC?

There's a big difference between teaching a kid to play high school and developing him to be a pro QB. Gus can't do that. I know that. Maybe Pat could if he came here with Bo. 

6 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Al.com had an article about Derek Dooley developing Drew Lock and that would be the reason for choosing Missouri. Wasn’t he pretty much already developed before Dooley arrived? 

Archived