GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Like everyone else said he had a catch last possession. Not to mention earlier in the game, he had a block on the outside that gave the runner a first down.

Again, typed before that play. My point still stands. We were running a one minute drill and he has limited value. He is terrible at getting open and has hands of stone.

We much more reliable and productive receivers on the bench that I would rather have play in that situation. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

If I’m an opposing DC against AU I blitz every down, OL can’t block, JS can’t handle pressure 

Yep dbl A blitz every single play. You destroy all our runs and passes

JS is just not the QB he used to be. I know the OL is weak, but JS.needs to find his receivers quicker and quit running to his left.el We need to run the jet sweep more that 2nd half if possible. Gus needs to bench JS and let Cord or Gatewood take some snaps and see what they can do. This garbage offense is just not getting it done.

I tend to be a sunshine pumper, but our offense light years away from being a good offense. I hate to feel this way, but it is what it is folks. I can only hope that we will have a better game plan 2nd half if this is possible. I know the OL is a weakness, but JS is not making things happen with the time he has to him albeit a small window of time.

We need to run some quick slants and short routes until we can somehow get the running game going.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not talking about any other play in the game right now. But that last 3rd and 5 he had as much time and protection as anybody would. Either we ran stupid long developing routes or he didn't see

He didn’t see.. he needs to settle down and step up.. he is bailing to quick. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

If I’m an opposing DC against AU I blitz every down, OL can’t block, JS can’t handle pressure 

Seriously, blitz 8. Stid will overthrow some of the fastest kids in the country anyways.

Just now, mikeholiday said:

Again, typed before that play. My point still stands. We were running a one minute drill and he has limited value. He is terrible at getting open and has hands of stone.

We much more reliable and productive receivers on the bench that I would rather have play in that situation. 

If he had hands of stone he wouldn't have caught the touchdown in the Washington game. Everything so far, this year, points to him being way improved in catching passes. We can't say he doesn't get open because, TBH, none of our receivers get open regularly. It's not his fault that the OL can't protect, not his fault that the QB scrambles at the smallest hint of a pass rush, and not his fault that the coach doesn't have any route tree's for ANY of our WR's. Sal, is definitely not the problem. But we can agree to disagree on this point. 

I’ve never been more concerned about a team that will likely be (4-1)

Moo States DL will eat us alive 

Just now, jimpecht said:

Can someone who has Directv tell me what channel the game is on now? Thanks. 

Mines not, having to watch on my phone...

USL playoffs are now on SECalt for me...

3 minutes ago, aubieclawz said:

OL sucks.. Stidham, could and would stay in the pocket, if he was being protected and which he is NOT!!!! and if, anyone is seeing different you're a fool

I don't buy that. Plenty of examples of his fleeing from good pockets in this game alone. 

Drifting to his right and throwing the ball away is his default reaction whenever his first read is taken. 

10 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Can’t we call a screen when they blitz? Or a slant across the middle when the linebackers crash? Or am I smoking something too heavy right now? 

Are you and aubiefifty partying together? 

Just think... we haven’t even been to a hostile away game yet... this is how we’re playing at home.

Archived