Where is the problem

bigbird

1 hour ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

Would a hard snap count vs the clap snap give our line any advantage?

Wouldn't help the two that don't like contact. Only a mindset change will help this line. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodness gracious, I knew Oline was bad but that clip WOW. Backs literally are surrounded at every angle at the line of scrimmage. No cut back lanes or anything .

I will say this , I think our Dfense is giving up more 3rd down conversations because PA isn’t playing “Down for my hitters”clean by C-murder anymore . 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Women’s college volleyball is one of my favorite sports to watch....

I was hooked.After every point, there was at least one round of “good job” pats on the rear going around. Something was glorious but let’s just call it team cohesion before :timeout:

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I've already stated what I think the major problem is in two threads so I'm sure y'all getting tired of me.

Set up in an aggressive stance instead of a passive stance and get low and leverage.

Even on run plays the Offensive Line moves backwards, waiting for contact, instead of dishing out the contact.

you make a lot of sense my friend! I was watching specifically the OL most of the game and it looks like they are playing on their heels moving backwards like what you are saying. I am not coach and have limited knowledge of the more in depth skills the OL must have to be effective in moving DL out of the way instead of in the way of the runner.

Bigbird, am I right with my assessment? I know you are a coach and see things a lot of us novice arm chair O-linemen miss.

So is it still possible to move Horton to center? I know it has been mentioned on here before. Is he better at center than guard?

Why is Calving Ashley not playing? He's not worse is he? 

JB Grimes needs to get on some butts.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

But to be fair I don’t think there is a position on offense that we couldn’t create one of these cringe tapes. Except maybe WR?

Seth Williams has been a bright spot...Ryan Davis is consistent...Slayton is reliable...yeah I’d say you’re right.

7 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

So is it still possible to move Horton to center? I know it has been mentioned on here before. Is he better at center than guard?

Why is Calving Ashley not playing? He's not worse is he? 

JB Grimes needs to get on some butts.

Horton just needs to sit. He may know his assignments, but he's not executing for whatever reason.

The coaches had a short lease on Kim once Brahms got healthy. That needs to trickle down across the whole OL. 

We have Prince Sammons, Brodarious Hamm, Austin Troxell, Tashawn Manning, and the 2 freshmen linemen. Are any of these an improvement to what we have starting? Just some honest questions.

42 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They were the priority tbe past season. Just missed on the recruits. This season is a culmination of a series of misses going all the way back to Martez Ivey. Don’t let Golf forget that he was supposed to be the bagman then. 

Horton was the backup plan to Ivey tbat we secured on NSD.

They have been a priority for years. We are just losing the battles for them. Look at this year. Morris should have been the #1 get... and we lost him to a team that is worse than we are...

Think about this: we are starting a project and a transfer at both tackles and they are the best players on the line. 

It all goes back to recruiting. 

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

We have Prince Sammons, Brodarious Hamm, Austin Troxell, Tashawn Manning, and the 2 freshmen linemen. Are any of these an improvement to what we have starting? Just some honest questions.

You would hope so. We have been through 2 centers and they are really playing poorly. The guards are horrible. And the tackles are hurt. It is almost laughable. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

God almighty if no improvement we could be screwed

edit.....this makes me almost physically sick.....that is not an Auburn offensive line I've since in a long timeo

I view the replay on almost every game so I can watch the OL. It has become more and more concerning as the games ticked by and now it's game 6.  We're in a world of hurt unless we can find 5 guys with the necessary ability and find them fast.

7 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Horton just needs to sit. He may know his assignments, but he's not executing for whatever reason.

The coaches had a short lease on Kim once Brahms got healthy. That needs to trickle down across the whole OL. 

I'll give Horton the benefit of the doubt and assume he is playing hurt. But I can't fathom why they weren't giving Troxell/Ashley reps to give Horton time to get healthy. 

Let's take the coaches hat and put together an OL that we think might solve some of our problems........

1. Horton at center

2. Ashley at guard for Horton

3. Sammons at tackle for Driscoll

4. Hamm at guard for Harrell.

5. keep Wahnagoho at tackle

would be worth a try!

Ashley/Irvin/Troxell/Stutts/Hamm

Avg. Weight is like 320.

I'd be telling them to get ready.

I don't understand why they aren't playing. Are some of them trying to redshirt? I'd be burning them or at the very least get 4 games out of the true freshman.

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

From what I recall of Grimes first trip to AU, this was a staple. He’s stated he’s having to coach out a lot of bad habits. We knew Hand was a liability, just didn’t think it was this bad.

But he’s had several weeks of spring ball, summer “voluntary” workouts, and the same fall camp and 5 games that every other team has had to break those habits. It’s not brain surgery that should take years to learn. Its blocking, which these kids have been doing since they were in grade school. With hundreds of hours of practice and several games, it should look much better than that. That’s a God awful product. 

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Let's take the coaches hat and put together an OL that we think might solve some of our problems........

1. Horton at center  -  NO!!!!!

2. Ashley at guard for Horton  -  ANYBODY IS WORTH A SHOT!

3. Sammons at tackle for Driscoll  POSSIBLY   ??

4. Hamm at guard for Harrell.   POSSIBLY   ??

5. keep Wahnagoho at tackle  -  BAD FOOTWORK, SLOW

would be worth a try!

24 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Can't be any worse. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Horton trying that new handless pass blocking technique. 

Brahms trying the “blocking while on my ass” technique. We must be teaching that because him, Boobie, and Cox have all tried it this year

19 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I'll give Horton the benefit of the doubt and assume he is playing hurt. But I can't fathom why they weren't giving Troxell/Ashley reps to give Horton time to get healthy. 

It appears to me that both of his arms must be broken or he has acute T-Rex  ? syndrome. No quick fix for either of those....

11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

1. Horton at center

2. Ashley at guard for Horton

3. Sammons at tackle for Driscoll

4. Hamm at guard for Harrell.

5. keep Wahnagoho at tackle

would be worth a try!

I think I would put Ashley at tackle. When they put him in at RT Saturday, he showed quicker feet than many of the others and some aggressiveness. I think he might be ready. 

Ok I feel like a broken record....but why did the offense look so much worse against arky and southern miss vs LSU and Washington? This is not an argument that the offense is good but why weren’t we obliterated in those two games?  

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Ok I feel like a broken record....but why did the offense look so much worse against arky and southern miss vs LSU and Washington? This is not an argument that the offense is good but why weren’t we obliterated in those two games?  

I feel like there may be some internal issues.  NCM an JH left the team and others thought about it.  Something has affected the Offense terribly. 

Archived