Tennessee Game Press Conference

Auburn Kev

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

With all of the heat the guy is taking, I have a lot of respect for him that he is actually available and taking questions. 

Are you speaking of Gus?

I give JS credit for owning his mistake and recognizing he has some things to work on.  I hope he gets some help and turns this thing around.  Not just for AU but for himself.

Good coaches ALWAYS preach to the team that if you want to be a winner you can’t take even one play off. How can Gus preach that to his team when every year he takes the first half season off. Here we are again and he is talking that we are half way through the season and we can still save the season. Maybe he should be saving the season from September 1. Last year had we not lost one of either LSU Or Clemson we might have played in the final four. If we go undefeated the rest of the way we will be able to look back and say if we hadn’t lost to LSU or MSU we could have played for it all. Every year with Gus we will be “almost “ there . Is that really where we want to be ?

Well, now we know from his own mouth that Stidham is not going to be that guy that fires up his offense (and that's fine if he knows it and his team mates know it). Someone else is going to have to step into that role if we want to see that passion and energy that we see from the defense.

14 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I give JS credit for owning his mistake and recognizing he has some things to work on.  I hope he gets some help and turns this thing around.  Not just for AU but for himself.

Did he own it because he had to or because he wanted to. Would have been much better if he had done like Fitz did when he came off after a bad play. He walked by every player on MSU’s team and told them it was his fault and he would make up for it in the next drive and he did. That is owning your mistake. Not just saying “ oh I goofed up” saying @ that was on me and I’ll make up for it”

A LOT of the young guys are pretty active on Twitter right now talking about showing out and ready to prove themselves... youth movement incoming?

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Did he own it because he had to or because he wanted to. Would have been much better if he had done like Fitz did when he came off after a bad play. He walked by every player on MSU’s team and told them it was his fault and he would make up for it in the next drive and he did. That is owning your mistake. Not just saying “ oh I goofed up” saying @ that was on me and I’ll make up for it”

Stidham does own up to his mistakes during the game. He has been seen approaching his receivers like he did after overthrowing Slayton. It's just not translating to the field as well.

I don’t think you need to tell your teammates its your fault when every human being on earth knows it is your fault. He’s in a rough situation. He’s not playing well. His team is very inconsistent. He’s keeping his head up. I commend him for this. 

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

A LOT of the young guys are pretty active on Twitter right now talking about showing out and ready to prove themselves... youth movement incoming?

The youth cannot he denied. 

29 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He went over to Slayton but I don’t think he was owning up. That is probably why Slayton chose not to talk to him.

I think he was owning up to the bad throw but Slayton didn't want to hear it. How many times is Slayton going to be wide open that deep? He knows it won't happen more than 2-3 times a season and Stidham missed big time so I think Slayton was just ticked off at the missed opportunity.

51 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Good coaches ALWAYS preach to the team that if you want to be a winner you can’t take even one play off. How can Gus preach that to his team when every year he takes the first half season off. Here we are again and he is talking that we are half way through the season and we can still save the season. Maybe he should be saving the season from September 1. Last year had we not lost one of either LSU Or Clemson we might have played in the final four. If we go undefeated the rest of the way we will be able to look back and say if we hadn’t lost to LSU or MSU we could have played for it all. Every year with Gus we will be “almost “ there . Is that really where we want to be ?

If we go undefeated the rest of the way I'll get on my hands, and knees and crawl to Auburn to personally beg forgiveness from Gus for saying he's a moron.

27 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t think you need to tell your teammates its your fault when every human being on earth knows it is your fault. He’s in a rough situation. He’s not playing well. His team is very inconsistent. He’s keeping his head up. I commend him for this. 

He's not lacking in humility. But, he's the leader of this offense. Despite the problems with the offensive line, play calling, etc. he needs to be the one elevating his game. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation of your veteran quarterback. Let's see how he responds. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If we go undefeated the rest of the way I'll get on my hands, and knees and crawl to Auburn to personally beg forgiveness from Gus for saying he's a moron.

Think your hands and knees are safe....

At 4:10 mark Gus says "at the halfway point you've gotta be open to whatever can help going forward."  I agree, but is he hinting at something? And where would turn to to generate better offensive production?

3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

At 4:10 mark Gus says "at the halfway point you've gotta be open to whatever can help going forward."  I agree, but is he hinting at something? And where would turn to to generate better offensive production?

When he loses the headset you may have some hope. Until then make sure to get by the liquor store on Friday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He went over to Slayton but I don’t think he was owning up. That is probably why Slayton chose not to talk to him.

He tried to own up to his mistake but Slayton DGAS  - the frustration is running real high right now.

8 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Somebody better be open minded and more flexible 'cause the SOP (standard operating procedure) ain't workin.

Gus was Gus.  Hopefully, he is open to whatever can help, like maybe letting Chip gameplan and call plays without his input and brakes.  I thought JS did a good job of owning his mistakes and handling the questions professionally.   

Archived