• 11-10 vs. SEC opponents on the road
  • 4-5 vs. non-conference Power 5 teams
  • 2 NY6 bowl appearances (0-2 in them) [7, 9]
  • 5 straight seasons (and counting) with at least four losses
  • 1st loss to a non-major conference team in 27 years [9]
  • 1st loss to Tennessee in 19 years (20 years at home) [12]
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • 0 National titles

Note: for the purposes of record keeping, "Power 5" and "major conference" should be read in the context of the year. Under the old BCS system, these would have been the automatic qualifying conferences. For example, the 2007 loss to South Florida counts as a major conference loss because South Florida was a member of the Big East at the time which was an automatic qualifying conference under the BCS, even though currently South Florida is not considered a Power 5 program.

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2018 season costs Auburn $558,000. [11]

Since the "Kick Six" victory in the 2013 Iron Bowl, Malzahn in 24-24 against Power 5 opponents. [13]

Malzahn's 6 record year record as Auburn's head coach. (2013: 12-2, 8-1), (2014: 8-5, 4-4), (2015: 7-6, 2-6), (2016: 8-5, 5-3), (2017: 10-4, 5-3) (2018: 6-4, 3-4 with 2 games left. Total: 51-26 overall and 27-21 with 1 game left in the SEC.), Also, Gus Malzahn is 1-4 in bowl games. Auburn's only Bowl win came in 2015 in the Birmingham bowl at Legion Field. Auburn beat Memphis 31-10.

21 minutes ago, selias said:

http://hasgusmalzahnbeenfiredyet.com/

Gus Malzahn: By The Numbers

As of Saturday, November 10th, 2018, Gus Malzahn is:

• 2-3 vs. Alabama [1]
  • 2-5 vs. Georgia [2, 8]
  • 2-4 vs. LSU [3, 4, 10]
  • 1-4 in bowl games [5, 6]
  • 0-3 in bowl games vs. major conference teams
  • 0-8 in Baton Rouge, Athens and Tuscaloosa
  • 27-19 vs. SEC opponents
  • 11-10 vs. SEC opponents on the road
  • 4-5 vs. non-conference Power 5 teams
  • 2 NY6 bowl appearances (0-2 in them) [7, 9]
  • 5 straight seasons (and counting) with at least four losses
  • 1st loss to a non-major conference team in 27 years [9]
  • 1st loss to Tennessee in 19 years (20 years at home) [12]
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • 0 National titles

Note: for the purposes of record keeping, "Power 5" and "major conference" should be read in the context of the year. Under the old BCS system, these would have been the automatic qualifying conferences. For example, the 2007 loss to South Florida counts as a major conference loss because South Florida was a member of the Big East at the time which was an automatic qualifying conference under the BCS, even though currently South Florida is not considered a Power 5 program.

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2018 season costs Auburn $558,000. [11]

Since the "Kick Six" victory in the 2013 Iron Bowl, Malzahn in 24-24 against Power 5 opponents. [13]

Wow that's really a website.. man it has some jewels..

How in the world did this guy or Sexton talk the PTB into giving him a new contract ?? Oh my goodness was that the worst ever impulse knee jerk reaction or what . Those stats make me sick . My goodness 

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Wow that's really a website.. man it has some jewels..

Interesting that he apparently could do the same thing to Clemson. Wonder if he just that great or if it is just the type of offense, wonder if he can call Riley, Herman, Gundy, Kingsbury etc also.

2 minutes ago, lurtz said:

None of this matters.  Firing gus will make Auburn "look bad".  :angryfire:

Not nearly as bad as keeping him.  Keeping him two more years means 2-6 against Bama, 2-7 against UGA, 2-6 against LSU, and maybe 4-4 vs MSU.  It has to stop.  There is a different excuse every year.  This year it is the OL.  Last year it was KJ getting injured.  The year before was the QB.  It's Gus.  Recruiting, coaching, developing, scheming, hiring, trusting, it's all Gus.  If he stays for another year there better not be an OC hired.  It needs to be Gus running his show with no scapegoats.

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

Not nearly as bad as keeping him.  

Totally agree. It's the stupid extension that makes AU  look bad, not getting out from under it.

5 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

It needs to be Gus running his show with no scapegoats.

NO NO NO..

That's why we moved away from him running the offense. Teams now KNOW how to defend him...

He needs to allow an OC come in that RUNS his own offense w/o his influence. Sorry Gus, it's time to just let it go!

And if you read CTT's article, i agree, it needs to be with a Passing QB first, but with a better OL. NOT a DT QB that can run, but is only considered a RUNNER first, and Passer 2nd..

He will still be held accountable, so if the PTB are not satisfied, they will let him go, when...who knows? 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

NO NO NO..

That's why we moved away from him running the offense. Teams now KNOW how to defend him...

He needs to allow an OC come in that RUNS his own offense w/o his influence. Sorry Gus, it's time to just let it go!

And if you read CTT's article, i agree, it needs to be with a Passing QB first, but with a better OL. NOT a DT QB that can run, but is only considered a RUNNER first, and Passer 2nd..

He will still be held accountable, so if the PTB are not satisfied, they will let him go, when...who knows? 

We all know even if he swears on his grave that Gus is not ever letting someone else run the offense.  Let him run it, sink or swim, and get rid of him because there will be no excuses.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

NO NO NO..

His own offense changed significantly when the substitution advantages were negated. We need to worry more about recruiting lines and teaching fundamentals rather than what flavor-of-the-month "scheme" we need to cut corners. 

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

His own offense changed significantly when the substitution advantages were negated. We need to worry more about recruiting lines and teaching fundamentals rather than what flavor-of-the-month "scheme" we need to cut corners. 

Dang right!  Recruiting on the O side is killing us and preventing us from rebuilding b/c of OL, RB depth or development (IDK which ); then scheme and predictability.  

I just heard them talking about Auburn on the drive and they were saying there are only 5 coaches who have the winning percentage Malzahn does. How is that true?

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just heard them talking about Auburn on the drive and they were saying there are only 5 coaches who have the winning percentage Malzahn does. How is that true?

Maybe they mean the EXACT winning percentage. 😏

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sounds like a good subject for another thread ROTFL

Well it looks like Gus record speaks for its self. We have what we have and it is unlikely to change as long as Gus is the coach. I just hope the PTB don't extend his contract and give him a raise after the season is over.

Just now, AU-24 said:

So when does AD Greene fire Gus? As soon as the checkbook holder’s allow him to do so.

Our insiders have repeatedly said the money is there. My guess is the BoT hasn't signed off on it. Like I said earlier, I'd wait until 12/22 and the early signing period is over.

1 minute ago, selias said:

Our insiders have repeatedly said the money is there. My guess is the BoT hasn't signed off on it. Like I said earlier, I'd wait until 12/22 and the early signing period is over.

The money is there, and Gus has been briefed on such. In my opinion, and it is, just my opinion, it would be best for Greene to just keep his mouth shut at this point.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

The money is there, and Gus has been briefed on such. In my opinion, and it is, just my opinion, it would be best for Greene to just keep his mouth shut at this point.

IMO, Greene said exactly what he needed to say to hold on to current recruits as well as we can. Get through the early signing period and the rip off the Band-Aid.

15 minutes ago, selias said:

IMO, Greene said exactly what he needed to say to hold on to current recruits as well as we can. Get through the early signing period and the rip off the Band-Aid.

Your opinion is that Greene should lie to recruits to keep them?

Archived