Men vs. Dayton Game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Vitale‏Verified account @JoshVitale

Dayton is shooting 51 percent from the floor, 55 percent from 3 and out rebounding Auburn by 11, and is losing by 15.

Only thing that disappointed me tonight was the people leaving with 1:38 left. And the cheese for the pretzels. That stuff was not cheese. 

I know we were leading but man, I dislike slowing down the tempo with 5 minutes left in the game. Allowed Dayton to hang around and keep it within 8-10 points.

Just now, AURealist said:

Still a win, but ugh.

feels like a strange win.....we played so out of control at times.....doughty was the calming force tonight....he played well and its a good thing that he did

I'm not going to nitpick. Dayton is a solid team. They're no cupcake. In basketball...3s keep teams in games. Even a great team like Golden State let teams back into games when they get big leads. Gonzaga had to fight to get a narrow win at home against Washington who we dominated. We're not going to beat everyone by 20. I'm just glad we know how to make plays when it counts. I just want to see our bigs rebound better.  

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm not going to nitpick. Dayton is a solid team. They're no cupcake. In basketball...3s keep teams in games. Even a great team like Golden State let teams back into games when they get big leads. Gonzaga had to fight to get a narrow win at home against Washington who we dominated. We're not going to beat everyone by 20. I'm just glad we know how to make plays when it counts. I just want to see our bigs rebound better.  

Fabulous post.

Archived