UAB bowl game

AUbritt

Great game. They looked well coached and their passing game was excellent. I know it isn't the SEC, but they made me jealous. I've seen enough screen passes till I'm sick. LOL

13 hours ago, DAG said:

We are making a huge mistake not taking a chance on coach Bill.

You are assuming he'd be interested.

I doubt he'd leave UAB right now. He had good offers and turned them all down even when the program was shut down and he was unemployed. He wanted to wait and see if UAB football was reinstated before he took another job. He loves UAB and he wants to build the program into something bigger and better than it ever was before. He's happy in Birmingham.

16 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

You are assuming he'd be interested.

I doubt he'd leave UAB right now. He had good offers and turned them all down even when the program was shut down and he was unemployed. He wanted to wait and see if UAB football was reinstated before he took another job. He loves UAB and he wants to build the program into something bigger and better than it ever was before. He's happy in Birmingham.

was having a discussion with someone the other day and we both agreed if Clark can keep UAB on its current path then there is a strong chance UAB could become a permanent non-conference opponent for Auburn and Alabama kind of like the series both had with Southern Miss and Georgia Tech

32 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

was having a discussion with someone the other day and we both agreed if Clark can keep UAB on its current path then there is a strong chance UAB could become a permanent non-conference opponent for Auburn and Alabama kind of like the series both had with Southern Miss and Georgia Tech

Auburn has a willingness to help out the little in-state guys....since 2011 we've played Samford (2 games), Ala A&M (2), Jax State (1), Ala State (1.)  So Auburn would probably be receptive to scheduling UAB as a permanent non-conf opponent.  But you can bet the farm that Alabama absolutely will NOT - it's not in the make-up of their program, they've run through several AD's in the past 10-15 yrs and none of them scheduled in-state schools.

50 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Alabama will never play UAB or any other state school other than Auburn.  

Archived