2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I guess I could see it with Dean, especially given his injury history. Suppose we should actually see how they perform in 2018 first!!

4 2020 quarterbacks among recruits going to Auburn's home opener

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/09/auburn_hosting_recruits_for_al.html#incart_river_mobile_index

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

Updated 12:01 PM; Posted 10:54 AM

Hoover's Robby Ashford is among four 2020 quarterbacks visiting Auburn for its home opener. (Mark Almond)

Auburn will host around 130 recruits for its home opener against Alabama State on Saturday, including four 2020 quarterbacks.

Four of Auburn's 15 commits in 2019 will be in attendance along with nine uncommitted 2019 prospects, six of whom are in-state.

Here are over 20 of the recruits from 2019 and 2020 that will be in Auburn this weekend.

2019 recruits visiting (listed alphabetically with star rating if available):

Ke'Shun Brown, 3-star linebacker from Carver-Montgomery

Laquez Cain, 3-star wide receiver from Park Crossing

Rhasaan Christian, cornerback from Pinson Valley

Nicholas Curtis, linebacker from Hoover

Taj-Amir Dodson, 3-star athlete from Creekside (Fairburn, Ga.)

Zach Edwards, 3-star linebacker form Starkville (Miss.)

Calvon Harris, 3-star running back from Harris County (Hamilton, Ga.)

Ja'Varrius Johnson, 3-star wide receiver from Hewitt-Trussville - Auburn commit

Keiondre Jones, 4-star guard from Callaway (Hogansville, Ga.) - Auburn commit

JD Martin, 3-star athlete from Wetumpka

Bo Nix, 4-star quarterback from Pinson Valley - Auburn commit

George Pickens, 4-star wide receiver from Hoover - Auburn commit

Ja'Len Sims, 3-star linebacker from Fultondale

2020 recruits visiting (listed alphabetically):

William Anderson, 3-star defensive end from Dutchtown (Hampton, Ga.)

Robby Ashford, 4-star quarterback from Hoover

Griffin Brewster, quarterback from Darlington School (Rome, Ga.)

Demarus Cunningham, linebacker from Bessemer City

Aaron Diggs, safety from Auburn

Tate Johnson, offensive guard from Callaway (Hogansvile, Ga.)

Tucker Melton, quarterback from Central-Phenix City

Kristian Story, 4-star quarterback from Lannett

Roydell Williams, 4-star running back from Hueytown

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bg5 said:

Do we know who all actually came. I saw several that I know but I wondered if we had a list of all that came.

Not a big enough game for the reporters to actually report who showed up other than some individual recruit articles they may do in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I showed up...does that count????

It does if you have eligibility left and are an elite SEC quality LB or O-Linemen. LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I showed up...does that count????

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It does if you have eligibility left and are an elite SEC quality LB or O-Linemen. LOL

Otherwise hit the showers.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not a big enough game for the reporters to actually report who showed up other than some individual recruit articles they may do in the next couple of days.

That's true from a reporters standpoint.  For me, IMHO these games say more than the big games.  If a kid would rather come to AU vs AL St over uga vs USCe or A&M vs Clemson, it says he is serious about Auburn and not just looking for a free ticket to a big game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I saw several I knew but I was wondering if George made it? We did not see him but there were a lot of kids there and some of them were my sons friends so we were watching them more.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That's true from a reporters standpoint.  For me, IMHO these games say more than the big games.  If a kid would rather come to AU vs AL St over uga vs USCe or A&M vs Clemson, it says he is serious about Auburn and not just looking for a free ticket to a big game.

There weren’t any major targets in this class at the game. It would have been reported if there was.

31 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I saw several I knew but I was wondering if George made it? We did not see him but there were a lot of kids there and some of them were my sons friends so we were watching them more.

He was on the list. Haven’t heard where he went to Saturday.

10 minutes ago, psyfro said:

Are there any JUCO offensive linemen that are worth recruiting this year? Just curious

AU is not crazy about this year's crop of juco OL. Also juco OL have a very high miss rate. If AU looks for & needs immediate 1 or 2 year help they will likely to the grad transfer route again, this time would be the 3rd year in a row.

So with 7 spots and 2 open for GTs here's my list of targets I'd like to get in order from biggest want to least. I'll highlight the ones I think we close with.

1. Noah Cain, RB
  2. Clay Webb, OG/C
  3. Nakobe Dean, ILB
  4. Derick Hall, Buck
  5. William Putnam, OG/OT
  6. Trezman Marshall, LB
  7. Kenny McIntosh, RB
  8. Tyron Hopper, LB
  9. Jammie Robinson, S
  10. Kalen DeLoach, LB
  11. Jalen Curry, WR
  12. Mark Anthony-Richards, RB
  13. Raydarious Jones, ATH
  14. Jammie Robinson, S
  15. Cortez Andrews, S
  16. Kenny Logan, ATH
  17. Nehemiah Pritchett, CB
  18. Tahj Gary, RB
  19. Larry McCammon, RB

E

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So with 7 spots and 2 open for GTs here's my list of targets I'd like to get in order from biggest want to least. I'll highlight the ones I think we close with.

1. Noah Cain, RB
  2. Clay Webb, OG/C
  3. Nakobe Dean, ILB
  4. Derick Hall, Buck
  5. William Putnam, OG/OT
  6. Trezman Marshall, LB
  7. Kenny McIntosh, RB
  8. Tyron Hopper, LB
  9. Jammie Robinson, S
  10. Kalen DeLoach, LB
  11. Jalen Curry, WR
  12. Mark Anthony-Richards, RB
  13. Raydarious Jones, ATH
  14. Jammie Robinson, S
  15. Cortez Andrews, S
  16. Kenny Logan, ATH
  17. Nehemiah Pritchett, CB
  18. Tahj Gary, RB
  19. Larry McCammon, RB

Other than RB, I would be happy with that class. But Gary may be underrated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Samau said:

E

Other than RB, I would be happy with that class. But Gary may be underrated. 

If we bust on the Cain lottery then they'll be scrambling for a different RB. I really like some of the guys we've had visit but we don't appear to be closing on anyone until Cain is out of the cards officially.

22 hours ago, Zeek said:

If we bust on the Cain lottery then they'll be scrambling for a different RB. I really like some of the guys we've had visit but we don't appear to be closing on anyone until Cain is out of the cards officially.

If it were me and we missed out on Cain, I'd redshirt Asa and consider him our back for this class.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If it were me and we missed out on Cain, I'd redshirt Asa and consider him our back for this class.

Great idea Bird, now that is using your head for something besides a feather holder, 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't disagree with you, but...  Asa has played in all 3 games so far.  He seems to be a bigger back that can catch out of the backfield, so I doubt they will give him snaps in only 1 more game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Bird, you’re a genius.

agreed x100 I think Asa can be special 

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bird, you’re a genius.

agreed x100 I think Asa can be special 

If we did that, he would be a year in the program giving extra strength and schematic knowledge. That is exponentially better than an incoming freshman.  Also, we have 3 youngbacks occupying our carries. Redshirting Asa spreads out the eligibility and lessons the need for a RB in this class. That would be great since it seems we'd be settling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

If we did that, he would be a year in the program giving extra strength and schematic knowledge. That is exponentially better than an incoming freshman.  Also, we have 3 youngbacks occupying our carries. Redshirting Asa spreads out the eligibility and lessons the need for a RB in this class. That would be great since it seems we'd be settling.

And, even though he seems to have fallen behind, we do have Malik Miller for insurance/garbage carries behind those other guys. And CJ Tolbert. 

Curious to see what Joiner is like catching the ball out of the backfield. Or maybe he'd be another option to redshirt? In terms of metrics, he and Tye Edwards seem pretty similar.