2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So that makes 1 or 2 in the last 3 classes?

@Mikey got the LBs straightened out and I've taken care of the safeties, but someone needs to take care if the OL

We know Grimes and Gus are not so that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat if one of y'all could! lol.

th.gif

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

So that makes 1 or 2 in the last 3 classes?

Depends how all of Calvin, Trox, & Osborne develop, Could be up to 3 which is still bad.

• Like 1

Even though he's a Bammer, Shannon Terry & his company do things right sometimes. He just announced they are developing a monthly rankings tracker. It will make it easier for fans to track a recruit's rankings' movement through the entire process.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't know who, but I'll bet we end up signing either another HS OT or a JUCO guy that isn't on the radar. Next year, you'll have Tega, Driscoll, Sharp, Troxell, Ashley, and two from this class. In 2020, you'll end up with Ashley, Troxell, two from this class, and two or more from the 2020 class. That's my guess.

I'm not sure where Stutts and Sammons fit. I honestly haven't heard where they are working primarily. I don't expect much from Sammons, but Stutts is brand new. Way too early to just write him off, and I know, at one point, we viewed him as a Tackle.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm not sure where Stutts and Sammons fit.

Stutts is an interior OL. Sammons not expected to crack the line up any time in the next year or 2 barring injuries.

33 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Stutts...I know, at one point, we viewed him as a Tackle.

AU solely recruited him as an OG.

Edited by ellitor
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Interesting offer went out today...

Fallback plan? 

50 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Fallback plan? 

Don't think so. Remember we just lost a WR  who was a big time recruit that never panned out for us as a player in Nate Craig-Meyers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so. Remember we just lost a WR  who was a big time recruit that never panned out for us as a player in Nate Craig-Meyers.

Ah yes.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

So John Emery, Jr., decommits from UGA, and CBs for LSU are flying in. What could this mean for the RB dominoes? Noah Cain? MAR? McIntosh?

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/163411-corchjays-top-8-rb-availablepossible/?do=findComment&comment=2952029

I see Keith said we have the #1 receiver visiting! I assume Haselwood?

58 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Yes, he said tonight at his All-America game thing that he is planning to. 

I’d be one happy Tiger if we landed that kid, Pickens, and JJ.

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would be one happy tiger if we somehow landed him and kept pickens AND Kendall Briles or some other TRUE QB and Passing game guru was here to be their Head Coach!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would be one happy tiger if we somehow landed him and kept pickens AND Kendall Briles or some other TRUE QB and Passing game guru was here to be their Head Coach!!! 

What about Hugh Freeze as an OC? Bill Cameron brought him up on his radio show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AS LONG as Gus would LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS AND RUN WHAT HE WANTS!!! I just dunno if Gus will ever be able to give up control and give the keys over fully to someone. We have yet to see it yet for more than a few game stretch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AS LONG as Gus would LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS AND RUN WHAT HE WANTS!!! I just dunno if Gus will ever be able to give up control and give the keys over fully to someone. We have yet to see it yet for more than a few game stretch.

None of them have had the pedigree & peer to peer respect of Gus to make him listen like Hugh could. But it's Gus so I get your POV.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

More of a possibility than a lot of people want to admit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Part of me would love to see it. The other part is afraid the personalities of Gus and Hugh would be a disaster. Gus likes to slow play early in a game, feel out the defense, and react accordingly. (In other words, lets the opposing coach dictate what he does). Hugh loves to go on the attack, early and often. Then attack some more. I’m not sure Gus could take it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gus likes to slow play early in a game, feel out the defense, and react accordingly. (In other words, lets the opposing coach dictate what he does).

Not sure about that on Gus. He’s a play script coach. That’s why in many of his games his most successful offenses  our early during games. Then after the script is over the offense struggles because Gus typically doesn’t adjust well during the game. 

In retrospect the last part of your statement could be the same thing I guess girls not being able to adjust after his scriptures over.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm all for a damaged genius... at OC. And if he is the one that can force Gus's hand on being a head coach and not the little devil on his offense's shoulder, then I'm super duper for it.

I just won't be able to trust that it will actually go well until we've strung together 8 or 9 consecutive offensive performances that look like somebody other than Gus was calling the plays. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'd be thrilled about that as well. What would really get me excited though is if we signed them and actually used them to take advantage of their talents.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that on Gus. He’s a play script coach. That’s why in many of his games his most successful offenses  our early during games. Then after the script is over the offense struggles because Gus typically doesn’t adjust well during the game. 

In retrospect the last part of your statement could be the same thing I guess girls not being able to adjust after his scriptures over.

Even when he had the reputation of playing fast, he really didn’t. Oregon would sprint to the line and run a play. Gus’s teams would sprint to the line, then pause, look to the sideline, and reset based on the defense. That’s what I mean by not attacking, but reacting. Either way, I would love to see Freeze as OC. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I just think those two would look like 2 rams having a head butting contest. Don't believe Gus would give him the freedom he would want.