2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I would hope so. Very different types of backs, and both guys are the caliber of player you want. Take both and figure out how that changes you numbers in future years.

8 hours ago, Crouching Tiger said:

Do you think we would take Mark Anthony too if he wanted to come?

Yes because he could also be a WR or DB. Could be a small factor why we are holding off on Boobie at WR & Pritchett & Logan at DB.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

why we are holding off on Boobie at WR

Are you saying that Curry doesn't have a comittable offer?

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes because he could also be a WR or DB. Could be a small factor why we are holding off on Boobie at WR & Pritchett & Logan at DB.

As long as we’re holding the Boobie in some fashion I’m good with this strategy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, fredst said:

Just can’t hang on too tight, sometimes it hurts them more than it makes them happy... ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fredst said:

Holding and "holding off" are very different things. If we're truly slow-playing him, that policy has hurt us before. The good news in that is the staff must be very confident that we'll hang on to Pickens.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Holding and "holding off" are very different things. If we're truly slow-playing him, that policy has hurt us before. The good news in that is the staff must be very confident that we'll hang on to Pickens.

I love Curry’s film and hope we land him. I was making yet another juvenile Boobie reference?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

I love Curry’s film and hope we land him. I was making yet another juvenile Boobie reference?

Understood. I was referencing ellitor's statement, above, that we are "holding off" on Curry. I can't imagine why, if we do want a third WR in this class.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Understood. I was referencing ellitor's statement, above, that we are "holding off" on Curry. I can't imagine why, if we do want a third WR in this class.

Total guess on my part, but could it have anything to do with Haselwood?

20 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Haselwood, our most recent WR class is exceeding expectations, one of the DBs in this class could play WR (Sheffield, maybe?)... Probably some other reasons. But short version is that we probably don't *have* to take 3 WRs. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty happy with the WR's that we have, and those on the roster.  It wouldn't bother me at all to end with 2.  I hope this is a big OL class.   I think it is hard position to recruit from the standpoint that there are few measurables.  Determination and drive have a lot to do with long-term development, and you see guys like Driscoll who was a 2 star recruit wind up being very good.  It can be hard to predict who has those intangibles, and there is some safety in numbers.  I'd love to see us take five every year.  Winning the line of scrimmage is 90% of the battle in football.

• Like 4

On 8/25/2018 at 2:05 PM, Mikey said:

I could be wrong but I thought I posted elsewhere in the forum that the staff is now not set on taking a 3rd or 4th WR in the class because of the development of our current WRs & the development of our commits GP & JJ. If we do take another 1 or 2 info has now swung to the taking as best available prospect regardless of position.

FWIW if the staff hadn't taking the wait & see approach as just posted above Boobie would be an AU commit right now.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, Hopsing said:

Not much if at all.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not much if at all.

Terrible guess!

On the Hoover vs Pinson Valley game, they said Pickens would take all of his official visits, but none of those would go to Auburn. Is that not strange? I mean him taking all the other visits isn't, but is it not strange that a player who has been such a long time commit wouldn't take an official visit to the team he is committed?

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

On the Hoover vs Pinson Valley game, they said Pickens would take all of his official visits, but none of those would go to Auburn. Is that not strange? I mean him taking all the other visits isn't, but is it not strange that a player who has been such a long time commit wouldn't take an official visit to the team he is committed?

Not really. I've seen it happen some. With that said, the staff feels they will get an OV & will work hard to get it done.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would make a Washington Visitor List thread from Rivals but It's hard to bring over recruit graphics with their site encoding. Anyway here is the list in a free article from them.

3* RB Tahj Gary is interesting!

and 3* RB Cal'von Harris

Jamaal Abrams 3* OLB would be nice too, although I'm assuming he isn't a take right now.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

No Oline in the group

Really doesn’t matter. Recruits can’t be on the field or talk to the staff’s at a neutral site games anyway. For the most part it’s used as a recruiting tool for future classes.

Any word about what recruits thought of the game?

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Yes. AUC has an article on that but it might be VIP. I have been too busy with family this weekend to check.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:
3 hours ago, toddc said:

Yes. AUC has an article on that but it might be VIP. I have been too busy with family this weekend to check.

Follow up. The article is VIP so all I can tell you is the reactions were good.

• Like 1