2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If we did that, he would be a year in the program giving extra strength and schematic knowledge. That is exponentially better than an incoming freshman.  Also, we have 3 youngbacks occupying our carries. Redshirting Asa spreads out the eligibility and lessons the need for a RB in this class. That would be great since it seems we'd be settling.

You think the staff will do this?

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

First and foremost, Asa will have to be on board with this plan. It's a good thought, but he may not like it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

No idea, just what I would do. That said, I wouldn't give up on NC...I wouldn't settle either though

• Like 2

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7488860/Kingsley-Eguakun/about

said he is visiting this weekend on Twitter 

anybody know if we are in on him? Miami commitment verbal???? Not sure!

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

It'd be nice if it were an OT, but I won't complain about any OL right now

• Like 4

I am like Bird a great tackle would be great but as we saw with the play of Kim and Horton we need interior players to. it will be interesting to watch who starts for Auburn tomorrow and how they do.

As noted above there's another OL name to track. Kingsley Eguakun. The staff likes him a lot at OG & C & AU has a real shot flipping him from Miami.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As noted above there's another OL name to track. Kingsley Eguakun. The staff likes him a lot at OG & C & AU has a real shot flipping him from Miami.

G? C? We need tackles. Tackles, I say.

Where are the tackles? Where are the tackles?!

https://goo.gl/images/t5mM6V

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

G? C? We need tackles. Tackles, I say.

Have you watched the games this season so far? The guards & center position have been the worst part of the OL. Reality is we need everything on the OL right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Have you watched the games this season so far? The guards & center position have been the worst part of the OL. Reality is we need everything on the OL right now.

Mostly just funny carryover from the recruiting class in general to fit The Office quote in there, E.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Honestly give me

Tega / Horton / Brahms / Ashley / Driscoll

Horton is serviceable but Harrell has been abused by lesser talent. Pressure from the A gap has been catastrophic to our offense. Calvin Ashley seriously couldn’t be much worse.

Tega is a physical freak who will continue to get better with time. I’m hoping he doesn’t jump the shark for the NFL and gets another year of development; don’t think he leaves but if the wrong people are in your ear then you never know.

I’ve felt as a RS Freshman Brahms has been serviceable as well. Definitely an upgrade from Kim who was a big reason our O crumbled against LSU, it just seemed to be too much for Kim.

Ashley I really liked coming out of high school and I think Harrell needs the bench even if it’s only as a motivator. Do it for a game like this one against SoMiss. I don’t recall having issues with Harrell in the past but being at the Arkansas game I watched him get utterly whipped.

Driscoll has been decent at the RT position. I’d be curious to see Troxel get some reps on the inside if Horton and Harrell can’t anchor down the middle better.

to me it feels like we have the talent but the puzzle pieces are in the incorrect order. We definitely need some help though like E stated. I’d take 5 OL commits, redshirt them all a year (most OL seem to get the RS), and see if you can’t get a group of RS Fr to gel together and start for a number of years.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Honestly give me

Tega / Horton / Brahms / Ashley / Driscoll

Horton is serviceable but Harrell has been abused by lesser talent. Pressure from the A gap has been catastrophic to our offense. Calvin Ashley seriously couldn’t be much worse.

Tega is a physical freak who will continue to get better with time. I’m hoping he doesn’t jump the shark for the NFL and gets another year of development; don’t think he leaves but if the wrong people are in your ear then you never know.

I’ve felt as a RS Freshman Brahms has been serviceable as well. Definitely an upgrade from Kim who was a big reason our O crumbled against LSU, it just seemed to be too much for Kim.

Ashley I really liked coming out of high school and I think Harrell needs the bench even if it’s only as a motivator. Do it for a game like this one against SoMiss. I don’t recall having issues with Harrell in the past but being at the Arkansas game I watched him get utterly whipped.

Driscoll has been decent at the RT position. I’d be curious to see Troxel get some reps on the inside if Horton and Harrell can’t anchor down the middle better.

to me it feels like we have the talent but the puzzle pieces are in the incorrect order. We definitely need some help though like E stated. I’d take 5 OL commits, redshirt them all a year (most OL seem to get the RS), and see if you can’t get a group of RS Fr to gel together and start for a number of years.

FWIW Harrell has graded out higher than Horton when he was healthy by most accounts i’ve seen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Harrell has graded out higher than Horton when he was healthy by most accounts i’ve seen

I had forgotten he was banged up. Thought it was weird because I hadn't remembered him struggling before recent game(s).

16 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

https://goo.gl/images/t5mM6V

Steele is working on that.   We have had a lot TFLs at this point, this year compared to this point last year.   Also, because of the 3 and outs, tackle production is going to be down.  

I think the D is doing a very solid job.   Secondary is improving....

Did I miss something?  Sorry, it's late on a Friday....

9 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Any word on how things went and with whom?

I'm not sure there were any visitors. Havan't seen any remarks, either pre or post game.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm not sure there were any visitors. Havan't seen any remarks, either pre or post game.

There were definitely visitors there.  I was at tiger walk near the entrance and there were a ton of kids with recruiting badges.  Plus the recruit seating was full (before the rain anyway).

• Like 1