If this story is corroborated, it is the end

AUDub

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

What commentators do you like?

I really dont have go to commentators anymore. I usually trail a story by some distance and get a feel for it from several. As far as journalists, I like most, not all of Tapper, Baier, and a few others. I have learned not to rely on anyone anymore. Members of my family and I turned Hannity completely off sometime in 2005. He just repeated the same old lines of crap. even when he knew he was wrong. Limbaugh..after his round of oxycontin abuse, i learned to take anything he says with a huge grain of salt. He was stoned for several years while doing his show. I still refuse to think he is off the drugs 100%.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I really dont have go to commentators anymore. I usually trail a story by some distance and get a feel for it from several. As far as journalists, I like most, not all of Tapper, Baier, and a few others. I have learned not to rely on anyone anymore. Members of my family and I turned Hannity completely off sometime in 2005. He just repeated the same old lines of crap. even when he knew he was wrong. Limbaugh..after his round of oxycontin abuse, i learned to take anything he says with a huge grain of salt. He was stoned for several years while doing his show. I still refuse to think he is off the drugs 100%.

If you're looking for an interesting perspective from a commentator POV, try Michael Smerconish.  He's pretty even-handed and makes some salient points.

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you're looking for an interesting perspective from a commentator POV, try Michael Smerconish.  He's pretty even-handed and makes some salient points.

I’ve listened to him on the radio for years. I’ve even gone to see him speak live. He’s really good, and very fair. I don’t always agree with him but he tri s to just call balls and strikes. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Any word on the corroboration??? Wondering if this is "the end." Asking for a friend... 

You need to explain the ongoing Mueller investigation to your friend. 

He/she seems rather clueless.

31 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You need to explain the ongoing Mueller investigation to your friend. 

He/she seems rather clueless.

Ok. 

Any word on the corroboration??? Wondering if this is "the end." Still asking for a friend... 

16 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok. 

Any word on the corroboration??? Wondering if this is "the end." Still asking for a friend... 

Sorry, apparently I was inadequately explicit.

Corroboration will come from the ongoing Mueller investigation.  Seeing as how Mueller does not release any of his findings while his investigation is in progress, it's rather pointless to ask if there is any "word" on it at this time.  We'll have to wait until Mueller's investigation is done to know if such evidence has been found.  (I am surprised you didn't already know this yourself.) 

In the unlikely event there is some sort of leak confirming corroboration before the conclusion of the investigation (unlikely) I'll make sure you know about it. Hate for you friend to stay in the dark

Anyway, please share the above with your friend. 

And I hope it helps.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sorry, apparently I was inadequately explicit.

Corroboration will come from the ongoing Mueller investigation.  Seeing as how Mueller does not release any of his findings while his investigation is in progress, it's rather pointless to ask if there is any "word" on it at this time.  We'll have to wait until Mueller's investigation is done to know if such evidence has been found.  (I am surprised you didn't already know this yourself.) 

In the unlikely event there is some sort of leak confirming corroboration before the conclusion of the investigation (unlikely) I'll make sure you know about it. Hate for you friend to stay in the dark

Anyway, please share the above with your friend. 

And I hope it helps.

Yes, you were, but I won't hold it against you. 

I will let me friend know that the needle hasn't moved. 

16 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes, you were, but I won't hold it against you. 

I will let me friend know that the needle hasn't moved. 

Thanks. 

Sometimes I overestimate others, which considering my time on this forum is inexcusable.  (Nevertheless, I am surprised that you - as a law student - wasn't able to draw the obvious conclusion.)

Anyway, back to topic:  To be accurate, you should tell your friend we don't know yet if the "needle has moved" and probably won't until Mueller is done.

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Thanks. 

Sometimes I overestimate others, which considering my time on this forum is inexcusable.  (Nevertheless, I am surprised that you - as a law student - wasn't able to draw the obvious conclusion.)

Anyway, back to topic:  To be accurate, you should tell your friend we don't know yet if the "needle has moved" and probably won't until Mueller is done.

There's the "law student" reference from the old fart! 

Yee washed-up scientist, let not your expectation of my "intimate" familiarity with the investigative process cause you to dispel expectation of the existence of my fancy. Thank you for amusing it. :laugh:

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yee washed-up scientist, let not your expectation of my "intimate" familiarity with the investigative process cause you to dispel expectation of the existence of my fancy. Thank you for amusing it. :laugh:

Lunchtime:P

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

"I win!"   :bananadance::laugh:

Well, if you are ashamed of being a law student, you should never have mentioned it. 

And you'll have to explain what you mean "let not your expectation of my "intimate" familiarity with the investigative process cause you to dispel expectation of the existence of my fancy".  Us scientists are not well versed in legalize.

Anyway, I trust you explained to your friend - in layman's terms - why the "needle hasn't moved".  ;)

(That friend wasn't PT was it?)

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

"I win!"   :bananadance::laugh:

Well, if you are ashamed of being a law student, you should never have mentioned it. 

And you'll have to explain what you mean "let not your expectation of my "intimate" familiarity with the investigative process cause you to dispel expectation of the existence of my fancy".  Us scientists are not well versed in legalize.

Anyway, I trust you explained to your friend - in layman's terms - why the "needle hasn't moved".  ;)

(That friend wasn't PT was it?)

Who said anything about being ashamed? Keep up man.

Sorry, I forgot that I need to reduce my words such that they’re commensurate with your level of comprehension.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Who said anything about being ashamed? Keep up man.

Sorry, I forgot that I need to reduce my words such that they’re commensurate with your level of comprehension.

Well it sure is a hot button for you.  All I have to do is mentioned it and you jump the rails.  You act embarrassed about it.

And I don't quite get what you mean by "reducing" your words.  If anything the problem with "let not your expectation of my "intimate" familiarity with the investigative process cause you to dispel expectation of the existence of my fancy"   is just the opposite.  

Just ask your clueless friend;)

On 2/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, homersapien said:

Well it sure is a hot button for you.  All I have to do is mentioned it and you jump the rails.  You act embarrassed about it.

Oh its not a hot button. No one jumps the rails, nor is there any embarrassment. It's honestly just kind of creepy that you, given our age gap, seem so obsessed with my personal life. Very odd. But hey, maybe you're just a quack and thats the way things are. Who knows?

I said I will "reduce" my words because it's apparent that your comprehension of them is lacking.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Oh its not a hot button. No one jumps the rails, nor is there any embarrassment. It's honestly just kind of creepy that you, given our age gap, seem so obsessed with my personal life. Very odd. But hey, maybe you're just a quack and thats the way things are. Who knows?

I said I will "reduce" my words because it's apparent that your comprehension of them is lacking.

"Obsessed" with your personal life? :rolleyes:

You have brought up your law studies many times on this forum.  (And there is nothing at all wrong with that.)

But you leave yourself wide open by asking the sort of question that started this exchange, as if the lack of a public announcement on the subject really meant something. You damn well know better, especially as someone who is undoubtedly more familiar with due process than the rest of us.

Take responsibility for yourself instead of accusing others of "obsessing" over you.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Obsessed" with your personal life? :rolleyes:

You have brought up your law studies many times on this forum.  (And there is nothing at all wrong with that at all.)

But you leave yourself wide open by asking the sort of question that started this exchange, as if the lack of a public announcement on the subject really meant something. You damn well know better, especially as someone who is undoubtedly more familiar with due process than the rest of us.

Take responsibility for yourself instead of accusing others of "obsessing" over you.

:laugh:

I have mentioned my law studies before, yes. Unfortunately, I am pointing out how often you bring them up. It has gotten to a point where it is odd.

I merely inquired about further developments/corroboration. You're the only one who seems to be triggered by it. 

"Others" do not obsess with my personal life; only you do. That's the point.  

19 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

:laugh:

I have mentioned my law studies before, yes. Unfortunately, I am pointing out how often you bring them up. It has gotten to a point where it is odd.

I merely inquired about further developments/corroboration. You're the only one who seems to be triggered by it. 

"Others" do not obsess with my personal life; only you do. That's the point.  

:bs:  You know damn well there haven't been any "further developments/corroboration".  And like I said you understand why better than anyone.  Pointing out the obvious is hardly "obsessing".  Man up.

Is "your friend" studying law also?  ;D

You know damn well there haven't been any "further developments/corroboration". 

You are clearly triggered, and now overflowing with assumption. Bad form. 

Man up.

Man up? :laugh:

How amazing that one simple inquiry can get to you in such a profound manner....

41 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You are clearly triggered, and now overflowing with assumption. Bad form. 

Man up? :laugh:

How amazing that one simple inquiry can get to you in such a profound manner....

What a snowflake you are. ;D

You need to toughen up kid.  (It's part of manning up.)

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What a snowflake you are. ;D

Provide the basis upon which I deserve the label. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You need to toughen up kid.  (It's part of manning up.)

In what way, old fart? 

You're wandering into the wilderness. 

Archived